RX - 4th Gen (2016-2022) Discussion topics related to the 2016 and up RX350 and RX450h models

PVM question...

Search this Thread

Old 05-09-16 | 10:49 AM
Bearcat
Lead Lap

Default PVM question...

I was wondering if it is possible to have the cameras come on when the PVM detects something in front, like pulling into the garage. I swear it did this when I first got it but doesn't do that anymore. Then I realized you can set it to Auto, but then the cameras come on anytime you come to a stop which is kind of annoying. Any thoughts?
Old 05-09-16 | 06:54 PM
Macs4RX
Driver

I just watched the Panoramic View Monitor video at Lexus Drivers. According to the video, you turn off the Auto mode and with the RX in Drive, just press the View button to the left of the steering wheel and the display will change from Map navigation view to "Wide Front" view which might be helpful while pulling into your garage. I'll try it in the morning myself.

https://secure.drivers.lexus.com/lex...exus-videos.do

Last edited by Macs4RX; 05-09-16 at 06:55 PM. Reason: Added link
Old 05-09-16 | 07:31 PM
Bearcat
Lead Lap

Originally Posted by Macs4RX
I just watched the Panoramic View Monitor video at Lexus Drivers. According to the video, you turn off the Auto mode and with the RX in Drive, just press the View button to the left of the steering wheel and the display will change from Map navigation view to "Wide Front" view which might be helpful while pulling into your garage. I'll try it in the morning myself.

https://secure.drivers.lexus.com/lex...exus-videos.do
I saw that but would just like it to turn on when the front sensors are triggered, not every time the vehicle is less than 6mph. That seems like what it should do.
Old 05-10-16 | 05:19 PM
VinceCL
Driver School Candidate

At what range are the sensors triggered? Would stop and go traffic set them off? That would get really irritating.
Old 05-11-16 | 07:24 AM
TexasRxh
Pole Position

Originally Posted by VinceCL
At what range are the sensors triggered? Would stop and go traffic set them off? That would get really irritating.
Yep. if someone walks near the sensor it beeps and shows on the screen. It will also go off if you get too close to the car in front of you. As I recall you can set the range to be less sensitive in the Parking Assist settings.
Old 05-11-16 | 09:03 AM
Macs4RX
Driver

Originally Posted by VinceCL
According to the owners manual the range of the Intuitive Parking Assist front center sensors is 3.3 ft. and less. The range of the front corner sensors is 2.0 ft. and less. As an aside, I was astounded to learn that the DRCC radar sensor in the front can sense objects 400 ft. downrange.
Old 05-11-16 | 09:49 AM
ggebhardt
Pole Position

Originally Posted by Macs4RX
According to the owners manual the range of the Intuitive Parking Assist front center sensors is 3.3 ft. and less. The range of the front corner sensors is 2.0 ft. and less. As an aside, I was astounded to learn that the DRCC radar sensor in the front can sense objects 400 ft. downrange.
Yep the sensor built into the emblem is used for the cruise control and auto braking among other things and is way different than the small sensors.
Old 05-13-16 | 11:30 AM
sandy14
Lead Lap

Originally Posted by Bearcat
I was wondering if it is possible to have the cameras come on when the PVM detects something in front, like pulling into the garage. I swear it did this when I first got it but doesn't do that anymore. Then I realized you can set it to Auto, but then the cameras come on anytime you come to a stop which is kind of annoying. Any thoughts?
Just thought I'd let you know my PVM still comes on when I pull into the garage. It's not set on auto ( at least I don't think it is because it doesn't come on at lights or stop signs) my screen shows two views of the monitor and one of the park assist. Been working this way since I got it in January.
Old 05-13-16 | 12:01 PM
Bearcat
Lead Lap

Originally Posted by sandy14
Just thought I'd let you know my PVM still comes on when I pull into the garage. It's not set on auto ( at least I don't think it is because it doesn't come on at lights or stop signs) my screen shows two views of the monitor and one of the park assist. Been working this way since I got it in January.
Thanks for heads up.
Old 05-14-16 | 01:35 PM
Bearcat
Lead Lap

Originally Posted by sandy14
Got it. What you have to do is go into menu then setup/vehicle/Lexus park assist. Then make sure that "display off" is unchecked. Viola!

Last edited by Bearcat; 05-14-16 at 05:10 PM.