RX - 4th Gen (2016-2022) Discussion topics related to the 2016 and up RX350 and RX450h models

Customization of Folding Side View Mirrors

Search this Thread

Old 05-29-16, 12:02 PM
TexasRxh
Pole Position

Received 9 Likes on 9 Posts

Originally Posted by aznkorboi
Veepeak Mini WiFi OBD2 OBD 2 OBDII OBD II Scanner Scan Tool Adapter Check Engine Light Diagnostic Trouble Code Reader for iOS iPhone iPad and Android https://www.amazon.com/dp/B00WPW6BAE..._E4mqxbV17SAC8
Originally Posted by TexasRxh
I see this device says it may not support hybrid vehicles. Has anyone tried it on the Rx450h?
Answered my own question: despite the disclaimer about hybrid vehicles this device does work on my 2016 Rxh. I used it to reset signal flashes from 3 to 5. And, yes, I had to pay the $20 to actually save the customization.
Old 05-29-16, 08:07 PM
kenforum
Driver

Received 7 Likes on 4 Posts

Has anyone gone to the dealership and successfully got the customization of the side mirrors done? I told my dealer (Longo Lexus that SoCal folks know) to customize the setting at my 5000k service but they told me they couldnt do it; they said they couldnt find such setting...
Old 05-29-16, 08:40 PM
aznkorboi
Lexus Test Driver

Received 117 Likes on 90 Posts

Originally Posted by kenforum
Has anyone gone to the dealership and successfully got the customization of the side mirrors done? I told my dealer (Longo Lexus that SoCal folks know) to customize the setting at my 5000k service but they told me they couldnt do it; they said they couldnt find such setting...
I got this 2 page sheet from Lexus Escondido stating what can be done with your car and at the dealer and the folding of mirrors with ignition was on there. So the dealer can do it
Old 05-29-16, 08:40 PM
Onion
Driver

Received 10 Likes on 8 Posts

Originally Posted by Vincent05
Auto fold side-view mirrors (req. power folding mirrors)
WITH IGNITION / *WITH DOOR LOCKS* / DISABLED

That is with Carista.
Does it have any setting with change the turn signal to the same as the rest of the world?(sequential turn lightl)
Old 05-29-16, 09:44 PM
kenforum
Driver

Received 7 Likes on 4 Posts

Originally Posted by aznkorboi
I got this 2 page sheet from Lexus Escondido stating what can be done with your car and at the dealer and the folding of mirrors with ignition was on there. So the dealer can do it
Ok, I will ask them again. Thanks!
Old 05-30-16, 03:42 AM
Baxter64
Rookie

Received 5 Likes on 4 Posts

Originally Posted by Onion
Does it have any setting with change the turn signal to the same as the rest of the world?(sequential turn lightl)
No it doesnt.

This is not a 'coding' feature... it is hardware driven.
Old 02-22-17, 04:06 PM
bdman360
Rookie

Received 3 Likes on 2 Posts
Default Power Folding Mirrors

Anyone know how I can activate my mirrors to fold up when I lock the doors? I have 2017 F-sport and it has power folding mirrors... Thanks in advance
Old 02-22-17, 05:27 PM
bootman
Intermediate

Received 32 Likes on 25 Posts

Originally Posted by bdman360
Anyone know how I can activate my mirrors to fold up when I lock the doors? I have 2017 F-sport and it has power folding mirrors... Thanks in advance

Did you already try pressing the "Auto" button on the driver's side door panel?
Old 02-22-17, 05:50 PM
bdman360
Rookie

Originally Posted by bootman
Did you already try pressing the "Auto" button on the driver's side door panel?
Yes and it worked! Thanks!
Old 03-23-17, 08:03 AM
caaarl
Driver School Candidate

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default automatic folding mirrors

how can you set you mirrors to automatically fold when turning off your car or locking car
Old 03-23-17, 08:57 AM
aznkorboi
Lexus Test Driver

Received 117 Likes on 90 Posts

carista app or go to the dealer and first customization is free

users have done changing number of blinks, touch free rear door sensitivity, holding unlock to lower all windows, and side mirrors with ignition on or door lunlock
Old 03-23-17, 09:48 AM
ELDONnTN
Driver School Candidate

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

To set to fold when locking car, Here is what I did but there may be another way.
Select/press both left and right mirror button at the same time and then release.
Select/press the Auto Button in the upper left of that group of controls. NOTE: I don't know if pressing the manual fold messes it up but I made sure to press the Auto button last and then leave those controls alone.

Should now fold when you lock the car.

Good Luck
Old 03-23-17, 11:59 AM
Darith
Driver

Received 27 Likes on 19 Posts

Originally Posted by ELDONnTN
To set to fold when locking car, Here is what I did but there may be another way.
Select/press both left and right mirror button at the same time and then release.
Select/press the Auto Button in the upper left of that group of controls. NOTE: I don't know if pressing the manual fold messes it up but I made sure to press the Auto button last and then leave those controls alone.

Should now fold when you lock the car.

Good Luck
Correct, press the 'AUTO' button where your side mirror adjustment buttons are and ensure it is lit with a green light. Now your mirrors will automatically fold/unfold upon lock/unlocking.
Old 09-26-18, 05:50 AM
MoodyHank
Rookie

I had a loaner RX the other day and that car had both mirrors tilting down when put in reverse whereas in our RX it is only the passenger side mirror tilting down. Both cars are 2018 RX450h, does anyone know how I can adjust my mirror setting to make both mirrors tilt down when reversing?
Old 09-26-18, 05:57 AM
AkiD
Rookie

Received 8 Likes on 6 Posts

Originally Posted by MoodyHank
I had a loaner RX the other day and that car had both mirrors tilting down when put in reverse whereas in our RX it is only the passenger side mirror tilting down. Both cars are 2018 RX450h, does anyone know how I can adjust my mirror setting to make both mirrors tilt down when reversing?
As far as I know, there are no separate settings for tilt down on reverse for both mirrors. Either they're both on or they're both off. It sounds like your drivers side mirror is defective. I'd have the dealer take a look at it.

Quick Reply: Customization of Folding Side View Mirrors