RX - 4th Gen (2016-2022) Discussion topics related to the 2016 and up RX350 and RX450h models

Customization of Folding Side View Mirrors

Search this Thread

Old 09-26-18, 06:05 AM
Supranut
Driver School Candidate

Received 8 Likes on 7 Posts

Look at page 175 in the owners manual. You need to put the vehicle in reverse adjust the mirrors down and then save the seat position memory.
The following 2 users liked this post by Supranut:
MoodyHank (09-27-18), PeeVee (09-27-18)
Old 09-26-18, 10:34 AM
Jiggz858
Pit Crew

Received 53 Likes on 32 Posts

Try doing what Supranut suggested. Also for the reverse tilting to work, one of the two switches (either L or R) should be on or depressed. To adjust, while idling place transmission in reverse and keep depressing the brakes to prevent moving the vehicle. While in this position, depress either left or right switch and adjust mirror view to your liking. When done, make sure you leave at least either L or R switch in on position.

If you adjust your reversing mirror view same as your regular setting, you will not NOTICE tilting of the mirror(s) when you go in reverse.
The following users liked this post:
MoodyHank (09-27-18)
Old 10-06-19, 03:21 AM
Debnam
Driver School Candidate

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default RX 350 Folding Mirrors

Just purchased a 2019 RX. My question is regarding the automatic folding mirrors. There does not appear to be any consistancy on its operation. Does the vehcicle have to be completely locked with all windows completely closed for this to work. In other words I thought with the button on the armrest light whenever the car engine is off then the mirrors would fold. Also it appears the button ramdonly disengages as sometimes it is not own when I know specifically I did not turn it off? A lot of times in the summer I leave the windows slightly cracked open and it appears the folding mirrors do not work then.
Old 10-06-19, 07:25 AM
ravenuer
Racer

Received 505 Likes on 382 Posts

Originally Posted by Debnam
Just purchased a 2019 RX. My question is regarding the automatic folding mirrors. There does not appear to be any consistancy on its operation. Does the vehcicle have to be completely locked with all windows completely closed for this to work. In other words I thought with the button on the armrest light whenever the car engine is off then the mirrors would fold. Also it appears the button ramdonly disengages as sometimes it is not own when I know specifically I did not turn it off? A lot of times in the summer I leave the windows slightly cracked open and it appears the folding mirrors do not work then.
First, welcome and many happy miles on your new car.
I have a 2017, which may or may not be the same as your 2019. I never leave windows open so I just went out to the garage and tried it. My mirrors fold automatically as usual when locking the doors with windows half way down.
I have a very narrow garage door, so I like to fold the mirrors manually when going in and out. Whenever I fold them manually, the auto feature is cancelled until I push the auto button again. Perhaps that's what you are doing?
The following users liked this post:
Cocal (10-06-19)
Old 12-20-21, 03:32 PM
mystang52
6th Gear

Received 4 Likes on 2 Posts
Default Folding outside mirrors

Re: my 2022 RX. The outside mirrors fold when I press the outside door handle button. But if I press the door lock button on the inside door, or use my key fob, they do not fold. Is there a setting to change this? I could not find anything in the manual.
Old 12-20-21, 04:10 PM
bamalam
Advanced

Received 418 Likes on 221 Posts

Originally Posted by mystang52
Re: my 2022 RX. The outside mirrors fold when I press the outside door handle button. But if I press the door lock button on the inside door, or use my key fob, they do not fold. Is there a setting to change this? I could not find anything in the manual.
At least through 2020, mirror folding was configurable, but only as a dealer-option. The owner can't configure that feature through the user interface. (If you are so-inclined, config tools that attach via the OBDII port are available.) Dealer configs are free with the first service, usually at 5,000 miles. Your salesman/dealer tech should have given you a list of configurable options as part of delivery.

The default behavior is to fold the mirror when the vehicle is locked from the outside door button or the fob. Folding the mirrors when locked from the inside door button can't be done. (I don't understand the use case, but you apparently have one.) Something seems amiss if your mirrors don't fold when pressing the lock button on your fob. I tried it on my 2020, and the mirrors fold from the fob even if I am inside the vehicle. The non-default behavior is to link the mirror folding to the vehicle power switch or to disable folding under all circumstances.
Old 12-21-21, 12:35 PM
mrmonster
Pit Crew

Received 18 Likes on 13 Posts

Originally Posted by mystang52
Strange, on my '17 by default the fold when car is opened or when locked via key fob. They do not fold when locked via the door switch.

I like the fold on key fob thing, easy way for me to tell if I locked the car. I disable folding during winter months due to snow/ice buildup.
Old 12-22-21, 06:10 AM
SamtheSham
Pit Crew

Received 28 Likes on 20 Posts

Originally Posted by Onion
Does it have any setting with change the turn signal to the same as the rest of the world?(sequential turn lightl)
New Dynamic Turning Signal .... LEXUS RX 2016 - YouTube
Are these sequentials on/available on the 2022 450h? I am picking mine up Monday.