RX - 4th Gen (2016-2022) Discussion topics related to the 2016 and up RX350 and RX450h models
View Poll Results: EXTERIOR COLOR
Autumn Shimmer
3.64%
Caviar
12.42%
Eminent White Pearl
18.48%
Matador Red Mica
6.97%
Nebula Gray Pearl
12.73%
Nightfall Mica
11.21%
Obsidian
4.24%
Satin Cashmere Metalli
4.55%
Silver Lining Metallic
6.36%
Ultra White
9.70%
Atomic Silver
9.70%
Voters: 330. You may not vote on this poll

What is your 4RX's exterior color?

Search this Thread

Old 01-18-17, 04:30 AM
uhaveit
Driver School Candidate

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by RXBurbmom
First choice was white...but hard to find when we were shopping. So we went with our 2nd choice, Obsidian. LOVE the black but a pain to keep clean during NE winter especially after snow storm or rain. Luckily we have a touch free, laser car wash. So when my Baby gets icky, we head to the car wash. Enjoy watching it all through the pano moonroof.
I was wondering if the obsidian shows up swirl marks from car washes.
I own the same color and I was told to stay away from automatic car washes if I care about swirl marks

I am used to 2-bucket wash but yet to try it on my new RX as it just 2 weeks old

Any thoughts ?
Old 01-18-17, 05:08 AM
yang88she
Driver School Candidate

Received 5 Likes on 4 Posts

Originally Posted by uhaveit
I own the same color and I was told to stay away from automatic car washes if I care about swirl marks

I am used to 2-bucket wash but yet to try it on my new RX as it just 2 weeks old

Any thoughts ?
oh absolutely, Obsidian aka "Gloss Black" will begin showing swirl marks going through those mechanical car washes. I had Obsidian on 2 previous cars, I opted for Caviar this time around. Don't get me wrong, if I had the time (we have 3 kids) then I wouldn't mind taking the time to keep a gloss black car clean and swirl free.
Old 01-18-17, 05:35 AM
aznkorboi
Lexus Test Driver

Received 117 Likes on 90 Posts

Any thoughts ?
I agree. It will show even if you are SUPER careful. Try doing a ceramic coating. Also, the RX has the paint that fills up those swirl marks with heat over time. ONly the dark colored paints have it.
Old 01-19-17, 11:37 PM
RXBurbmom
Driver School Candidate

Talking Swirl marks on Obsidian.

Any thoughts ?
We live in the Northeast and get harsh winters. So driving through town after snow storm or even bad rain storm in the winter can get the car extra dirty. With all the salt that is used for the roads, I have to wash it somehow. Hubby surprised me with my Lexus at the end of October. We picked it up early November 2016. I had been about to put in an order for Highlander when he asked if I'd like a Lexus instead.

But I digress. I won't go through the car washes that have brushes and draping cloths to wash my car. I only (twice to date) will go through the touchless laser car-washes. Hi power multiple jets and air-blow dry. I have NOT noticed any swirl marks on the car. Just dry spots like a dish washer will leave. I've been opting for the the

Deluxe Wash

• Touch-Free Wash
  • Undercarriage Wash
  • Touch-Free Drying
I won't let them hand dry either. Don't know what's been on other cars before they dry my car and afraid it will scratch up the surface. For the winter, I plan to use the lazer touchless wash since this as it's way too cold for Hubby to wash the car at home (preferred method or get detailed at dealer). This way at least, I know that most of the salt will be washed off and undercarriage will be rinsed off too.

Once the weather is warmer, I know Hubby will be out there with the hose, buckets, his polishes, etc....and special sponges washing my Lexus. He does all the other 3 cars (Benz and Toyotas) this way so I know Lexus will be done extra carefully. The first time we tried to go to a manual car wash where you use their sprays after pulling into the bay but they were all frozen. That's when we found out about the laser wash. $10 and it's done. Pretty cool to watch through the panoramic moonroof.
The following users liked this post:
yang88she (01-20-17)
Old 01-20-17, 04:18 AM
aznkorboi
Lexus Test Driver

Originally Posted by RXBurbmom
We live in the Northeast and get harsh winters. So driving through town after snow storm or even bad rain storm in the winter can get the car extra dirty. With all the salt that is used for the roads, I have to wash it somehow. Hubby surprised me with my Lexus at the end of October. We picked it up early November 2016. I had been about to put in an order for Highlander when he asked if I'd like a Lexus instead.

But I digress. I won't go through the car washes that have brushes and draping cloths to wash my car. I only (twice to date) will go through the touchless laser car-washes. Hi power multiple jets and air-blow dry. I have NOT noticed any swirl marks on the car. Just dry spots like a dish washer will leave. I've been opting for the the

Deluxe Wash

• Touch-Free Wash
  • Undercarriage Wash
  • Touch-Free Drying
I won't let them hand dry either. Don't know what's been on other cars before they dry my car and afraid it will scratch up the surface. For the winter, I plan to use the lazer touchless wash since this as it's way too cold for Hubby to wash the car at home (preferred method or get detailed at dealer). This way at least, I know that most of the salt will be washed off and undercarriage will be rinsed off too.

Once the weather is warmer, I know Hubby will be out there with the hose, buckets, his polishes, etc....and special sponges washing my Lexus. He does all the other 3 cars (Benz and Toyotas) this way so I know Lexus will be done extra carefully. The first time we tried to go to a manual car wash where you use their sprays after pulling into the bay but they were all frozen. That's when we found out about the laser wash. $10 and it's done. Pretty cool to watch through the panoramic moonroof.
"hubby" taught you well. Good job!
Old 01-22-17, 08:46 PM
jmtamu
Pole Position

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts

Got Nebula Gray but should have gotten Ultra White.
Old 02-11-17, 08:00 PM
Seeker4
Driver School Candidate

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Matador Red Mica with Parchment Bamboo Matte Interior.

Previous car (2014 RX 450h) was Satin Cashmere Metallic (or whatever that color was called in 2014). The color is very nice in that it never shows dirt or needs washing; I doubt I washed the car more than 4 times per year. But I wanted a change and something dramatic this time.
Old 02-12-17, 06:34 AM
ggebhardt
Pole Position

Received 510 Likes on 382 Posts

Caviar. Love it!

Last edited by ggebhardt; 07-26-17 at 09:15 AM.
Old 07-26-17, 07:25 AM
Entimos
Driver School Candidate

They told me the colour of my car is Atomic Silver, so I guessed on the poll. When I registered it, they told me it was light grey. Go figure
Old 07-26-17, 07:50 AM
PaiMei
Driver School Candidate

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Matador Red Mica w/Stratus Gray Interior

Old 07-26-17, 10:30 AM
NickL
Instructor

Received 370 Likes on 241 Posts

Originally Posted by Entimos
They told me the colour of my car is Atomic Silver, so I guessed on the poll. When I registered it, they told me it was light grey. Go figure
Never go by the registration. Go by the color from the manufacturer. Atomic Silver will register as Grey.
Old 07-27-17, 05:42 PM
Moikoi
Driver School Candidate

Received 5 Likes on 4 Posts

Eminent White Pearl with black leather and walnut wood trim.
Old 07-27-17, 05:56 PM
aznkorboi
Lexus Test Driver

I think the ultra white is the sexiest. Great contrast esp with tint and looks good.

But all the women drive them.

I love my nebula grey when it's clean and shiny
Old 07-27-17, 07:48 PM
yok3dIS
Intermediate

Received 209 Likes on 81 Posts

Atomic Silver, going by the color options at the Build page
Old 07-28-17, 06:28 AM
MisterQ
Rookie

Received 18 Likes on 9 Posts

Originally Posted by tomtom74
What is YOUR 4RX's exterior color?
Your poll is missing Atomic Silver color, I believe it was introduced for the 2017 model.

The following users liked this post:
NX200 (08-04-21)

Quick Reply: What is your 4RX's exterior color?