RX - 4th Gen (2016-2022) Discussion topics related to the 2016 and up RX350 and RX450h models

F-sport seats, comfortable?

Search this Thread

Old 01-14-20, 06:25 PM
hisenberg
4th Gear

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

If you want to say that pain tolerance is subjective, than most people would agree with you. The point here is that the ridges on the F-Sport bolsters are so hard that most people whose thighs don't fit within the narrow confines of the seats will experience pain from the hard ridges digging into the thighs. The discomfort is not apparent until after 15 or more minutes of sitting in the seat. That is why it was not apparent during the test drive. Bottom line, the 2020 F-Sport seats quite uncomfortable and even painful on long drives.
Old 01-14-20, 08:30 PM
RiceBanana
Pit Crew

Received 24 Likes on 15 Posts

Test drove the 2019 and 2020 F sport before deciding on the regular one without the bolster seats.

I love the F sport interior and front grill but personally think the minor discomfort when I was trying out the car will become a major discomfort when getting in and out. Owning the car will only magnify any discomfort and annoyances that you notice from the initial test drives.
Old 01-15-20, 01:15 PM
BKNY11203
Driver School Candidate

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I'm a big guy 6'1 300 with a 2016 F Sport since the end of Nov 19. Initially I thought that I would have to get rid of it because the seats were just too snug. Now they have softened considerably and I find them comfortable. Yes it does take a bit more to get in, but I find the seats cradle me better and give better support for longer drives.
Old 01-16-20, 10:42 AM
ericsan13
Racer

Received 176 Likes on 124 Posts

Originally Posted by hisenberg
If you want to say that pain tolerance is subjective, than most people would agree with you. The point here is that the ridges on the F-Sport bolsters are so hard that most people whose thighs don't fit within the narrow confines of the seats will experience pain from the hard ridges digging into the thighs. The discomfort is not apparent until after 15 or more minutes of sitting in the seat. That is why it was not apparent during the test drive. Bottom line, the 2020 F-Sport seats quite uncomfortable and even painful on long drives.
So you bought a luxury car you plan to drive for many years having only driven less than 15 minutes? I took the RX450h, GLE400, and X5 each on hour-long test drives.

F-Sport seats are self-segmenting. Sports seats only work on a smaller set of buyers and should be scrutinized by the buyer. It doesn't work for most people.
The following users liked this post:
RiceBanana (01-16-20)
Old 01-16-20, 11:58 AM
RiceBanana
Pit Crew

Received 24 Likes on 15 Posts

Seems like the RX F sport seats depends on the person. I have a relative that got the 2019 RX 350 Fsport, they went on a road trip for around 4-5 hours and didn't find it uncomfortable at all.

The person i'm referring to quite skinny/slim though.

I personally find the seats uncomfortable, brought non fsport instead.
Old 05-13-20, 06:51 AM
17FSport3
Driver School Candidate

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default RX FSport Back Pain

Hey everyone, first post to this site. Has anyone else experienced lower back pain in their FSport? I recently purchased a 2017 FSport 3 and I have found that I am experiencing back pain. I’ve tried multiple seat settings to no avail. Have any of you tried something that corrected your back pain. Any advice would be great. Thank you.
Old 05-13-20, 11:58 AM
RGSW
Intermediate

Received 109 Likes on 80 Posts

See "Uncomfortable Seats" in postings below
17FSport3 (05-13-20)
Old 05-22-20, 03:41 PM
Black31385
Intermediate

Received 20 Likes on 12 Posts

Just bought a 2018 RX350 F Sport and love the seats. I am 5'3" 280lbs and always a fan of the softer seats. I thought that I would hate the racing style bucket seats, but surprisingly ended up liking them. I am not sure if it's because the seats are broken in or not, but the bolsters are not as bad as on my thighs. My thighs do stick out over the bolsters but like it now due to the seats hugging me and not slipping all over the place as opposed to the other seats. Only issue I have is getting in and out of the car. I am short and its irritating that I always rub getting in and out of the vehicle. My question is, Does anyone think getting the side steps would prevent this or make it better getting in and out of the vehicle?
Old 07-10-20, 05:17 PM
blayze1983
Driver

Received 23 Likes on 19 Posts
Default 2020 RX350 F Sport - Stiff Seats?

I've decided to splurge and treat myself to an RX350 after years of driving Civics and Corollas.

I love the look of the F-Sport (especially the rims and red interior), however one sticking point is the seats. I've heard some people love them and think they are way more comfortable than the standard/luxury seats, while others think they're too firm or the bolsters are too aggressive.
I tried it out during a test drive today and it felt fine for my small, skinny asian ***, but 15 minutes of driving will hardly give a sense for how comfortable they are over a longer drive.

So I wanted to ask those of you who own them - do you like the F-Sport seats? Do you find them too firm? How do they hold up over a 3-5 hour road trip?

Thank you and looking forward to joining the family!
Old 07-10-20, 06:21 PM
mikemu30
Lexus Test Driver

Received 2,510 Likes on 1,793 Posts

Originally Posted by blayze1983
I've decided to splurge and treat myself to an RX350 after years of driving Civics and Corollas.

I love the look of the F-Sport (especially the rims and red interior), however one sticking point is the seats. I've heard some people love them and think they are way more comfortable than the standard/luxury seats, while others think they're too firm or the bolsters are too aggressive.
I tried it out during a test drive today and it felt fine for my small, skinny asian ***, but 15 minutes of driving will hardly give a sense for how comfortable they are over a longer drive.

So I wanted to ask those of you who own them - do you like the F-Sport seats? Do you find them too firm? How do they hold up over a 3-5 hour road trip?

For me, they were unbearable after five minutes in the showroom. We bought the regular RX as a result. Conversely, they're just fine in my ES. Not sure why they were designed so aggressively in the RX.
Old 07-10-20, 07:45 PM
blayze1983
Driver

Originally Posted by mikemu30
For me, they were unbearable after five minutes in the showroom. We bought the regular RX as a result. Conversely, they're just fine in my ES. Not sure why they were designed so aggressively in the RX.
Thanks for the feedback.

Think I'll have to go back to spend more time in the Luxury version seats now to compare.

Old 07-11-20, 06:29 AM
mikemu30
Lexus Test Driver

Received 2,510 Likes on 1,793 Posts

Thanks for the feedback.

Think I'll have to go back to spend more time in the Luxury version seats now to compare.
And let me add I'm normal size frame, 5'11" 180
Old 07-12-20, 08:56 AM
blayze1983
Driver

Spent more time in the F-Sport seats and Luxury Leather seats today and wanted to share my thoughts. I am so glad I took the time to really evaluate and compare them against the other trims.

The F-Sport are definitely too stiff for my liking. They're probably fine for anything less than an hour, but for longer trips I could see the firmness bothering me. The bolsters are very firm which I think is ok for me since I have small *** (5'4, 135lbs), but when you swivel to get out of the car, it almost feels like you've gotta go over this small hump that rubs up against your thigh. I could see that getting annoying 6-8 times a day. My pregnant wife and my mom (80 yrs old) would definitely struggle. The salesperson admitted they get the occasional F-Sport buyer who buys impulsively because they love the looks and then come back a month later complaining about the seats.

I tried the seats in the luxury model and base model - both were considerably more comfortable than the F Sport. Other than the white stitching, I actually couldn't tell the luxury seats apart from the base model, even though the luxury version has the analine ("Real") leather. Go figure.

Thanks for the feedback everyone - especially you mike!

Last edited by blayze1983; 07-12-20 at 08:59 AM.
mikemu30 (07-12-20)
Old 07-12-20, 04:46 PM
GSFRX350
Advanced

Received 155 Likes on 124 Posts

I'm a 200 pound 6' male, love the F-Sort seats. My wife is 100 pounds 5'2" and she loves them too. We do a regular 470 mile trip each way to visit family every 5 - 6 weeks and find them VERY comfortable. After the 7 hour drive we get out and it's like we just drove for 15 minutes to the shops.
Old 07-12-20, 06:57 PM
chrisper
Driver School Candidate

Received 4 Likes on 3 Posts

We've got the '16 450h F-Sport. I'm 5'0" and my husband's 6'4", and we've driven 7- to 9-hour road trips just fine in the vehicle. We both happen to prefer firmer, sportier seats though; so you may experience otherwise, as seat comfort is purely subjective.
GSFRX350 (07-12-20)

Quick Reply: F-sport seats, comfortable?