RX - 4th Gen (2016-2022) Discussion topics related to the 2016 and up RX350 and RX450h models

F-sport seats, comfortable?

Search this Thread

Old 11-22-17, 12:29 PM
ericsan13
Racer

Received 176 Likes on 124 Posts

Here's an expert review that bashed the RX EXCEPT for the F Sport seats:

Originally Posted by jalopnik
Features I Liked
If there’s any one thing that I love about the RX 350 [F Sport], it’s got to be the [F Sport] seats.

Holy crap, these are comfortable. Our test car came with heated and ventilated power leather seats with meaty bolsters and as much adjustable lumbar support as you could ever possibly desire. I could nap in these seats, even upright. They’re soft, supportive and nice.
But as always, try before you buy. I found the regular seats to be more plush, however I slide around in them which is annoying. The F Sport seats fit me like a glove.
Old 03-11-18, 09:57 AM
Vikcanada
Driver School Candidate

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default F sport Seat comfort

My F sport seats are horrifyingly firm on the side thigh support. I purchased it June 2017 and as of March 2018 they haven’t budged and am wedged in. There is a VERY hard coat hanger wire with in the thigh side with too firm padding on the thigh sides. They will never break in. Ever. I use a cloth seat pad for dinning chairs in matte grey that matches from Ikea I have to put on everyday and reset in position.
Your side thighs will go numb after 45 min driving. The base itself is like sitting on a public bus. I owned GS 98, RX 09, RX 13, and RX 17. Hope this helps ! PS The regular RX does NOT have this issue. You won’t know this issue in just a test drive. My last 3 BMW X5s were even better.
Old 03-11-18, 10:01 AM
mikemu30
Lexus Test Driver

Received 2,510 Likes on 1,793 Posts

Originally Posted by Vikcanada
My F sport seats are horrifyingly firm on the side thigh support. I purchased it June 2017 and as of March 2018 they haven’t budged and am wedged in. There is a VERY hard coat hanger wire with in the thigh side with too firm padding on the thigh sides. They will never break in. Ever. I use a cloth seat pad for dinning chairs in matte grey that matches from Ikea I have to put on everyday and reset in position.
Your side thighs will go numb after 45 min driving. The base itself is like sitting on a public bus. I owned GS 98, RX 09, RX 13, and RX 17. Hope this helps ! PS The regular RX does NOT have this issue. You won’t know this issue in just a test drive. My last 3 BMW X5s were even better.
You are one of the few FSport owners that acknowledges this issue. I didn't even need a test drive. My wife and I sat in one in the showroom for literally a few minutes and agreed the seats were a non-starter.
Old 03-11-18, 09:21 PM
Nail34
Intermediate

Received 109 Likes on 75 Posts

Originally Posted by mikemu30
You are one of the few FSport owners that acknowledges this issue. I didn't even need a test drive. My wife and I sat in one in the showroom for literally a few minutes and agreed the seats were a non-starter.
You're right, f-sport owners don't want to acknowledge this issue and put up with the suffering so we don't have to admit to ourselves that we made a terrible mistake.
Old 03-11-18, 09:38 PM
billh556
Driver School Candidate

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

The seats were the reason we got the luxury package instead of f-sport. I really wanted the adjustable suspension and paddle shifters, but our salesman was kind enough to park the 2 cars next to each other and he pointed out the issue with the f-sport bolsters. I thank him for that every time I make a service visit, and he just laughs.
Old 03-11-18, 10:16 PM
Htony
Lexus Champion

Received 134 Likes on 124 Posts

Hmmm, what do you expect from a sports car, comfy seat? BMW Ms, Audi SQ5, Porsche Cayenne, Macan.... Their seats are all stiff and tight. That's the way it should be. And seat belt like fighter pilots wear.
I just don't understand about this. Are you a driver or operator of a vehicle?
Old 03-12-18, 07:09 AM
ravenuer
Racer

Received 495 Likes on 373 Posts

I find it hard to believe that seats that are as bad as you claim wouldn't be obvious on a test drive.
Old 03-12-18, 11:48 AM
ericsan13
Racer

Originally Posted by Nail34
You're right, f-sport owners don't want to acknowledge this issue and put up with the suffering so we don't have to admit to ourselves that we made a terrible mistake.
You are over-hyping the issue. Many F-Sport owners tried the seats, loved them, and then bought the F-Sport like myself. I find the bolsters preferable to sliding around on the normal seats and it adds to the sporty feeling of the car. On longer trips the regular seats would probably work better but having tried both I don't have problems with either. Maybe my back/body/age is different enough to not be affected. Anyway to each their own - I am sure few owners are in denial.
Old 03-12-18, 05:02 PM
aznkorboi
Lexus Test Driver

Received 117 Likes on 90 Posts

I agree with Eric. Longer trips, plusher the better. It's nice to have that extra thigh support length.

Also, keep in my mind your body composition. Some people have more jello than others.

Just know your pressure points are the two bony points on your hip/thigh or your ichial tuberosity and your sacrum.

But for daily drives I love my f sport seats. I've also driven 5 hour drives with the seats and got used to it.
Old 03-12-18, 06:09 PM
Nail34
Intermediate

Originally Posted by ericsan13
You are over-hyping the issue. Many F-Sport owners tried the seats, loved them, and then bought the F-Sport like myself. I find the bolsters preferable to sliding around on the normal seats and it adds to the sporty feeling of the car. On longer trips the regular seats would probably work better but having tried both I don't have problems with either. Maybe my back/body/age is different enough to not be affected. Anyway to each their own - I am sure few owners are in denial.
Sarcasm is the lowest form of wit.
Old 03-13-18, 10:26 AM
ericsan13
Racer

Originally Posted by Nail34
Sarcasm is the lowest form of wit.
You have to add the "/s" for obtuse people like me. Internet sarcasm is hard
Old 03-15-18, 01:31 PM
Nail34
Intermediate

Originally Posted by ericsan13
You have to add the "/s" for obtuse people like me. Internet sarcasm is hard
Out of context it makes no sense, in context it makes less.
Old 08-02-18, 10:28 PM
boriginals
Driver School Candidate

Default Seats hard ?? on RX350 f-SPORT

2016...SHOULD I BUY IT ??? seats appear very ridged on side bolsters and hard...plus there is a seam at the top of the bolster..seems hard... HELP
Old 08-03-18, 05:25 AM
rj4510
Instructor

Received 74 Likes on 60 Posts

It appears your post is in the wrong forum, GS, instead of RX. There are plenty of discussions on the RX forum regarding hard seats and just as many feel they are comfortable as those who believe they are not. Seats are like shoes, they don't fit everyone the same way. I personally prefer harder seats, as they tend to cause me less fatigue and back pain, where soft seats will cause me serious issues. Firmer seats provide me better support. Best I can suggest is take the car for an extended drive, or see if you can find an RX with lux package to feel the difference. Believe it or not, the lux package actually has firmer seats, but contoured differently with more adjustments.

The other thing to keep in mind with firmer leather seats is they flex far less and therefore way less prone to distortion and tearing. I know that's secondary to comfort, but generally why Lexus seats don't look like hell after a year compared to some other brands.

Good luck
Old 08-23-18, 09:03 PM
cp2012
Driver School Candidate

Per the Lexus website below. Does this mean it's fake leather? Is this the same material on the F Sport?

NULUXE INTERIOR TRIM

NuLuxe seating material offers more than just good looks and a supple texture. It weighs half as much as leather, and its manufacturing process generates far less CO2and VOC emissions than other synthetic leathers.
STANDARD ON: RX 450h, RX 350

Quick Reply: F-sport seats, comfortable?