RX - 4th Gen (2016-2022) Discussion topics related to the 2016 and up RX350 and RX450h models

F-sport seats, comfortable?

Search this Thread

Old 09-17-19 | 09:42 AM
DexMod05
Driver School Candidate

Thank you mikemu30 and ravenuer for your input.
Old 09-17-19 | 01:30 PM
PWMDMD
Rookie

All I can say is I passed on the F-Sport because of the seats and I haven't looked back.
Old 09-17-19 | 02:07 PM
mikemu30
Lexus Test Driver

Originally Posted by PWMDMD
All I can say is I passed on the F-Sport because of the seats and I haven't looked back.
I only wish you could get the non wood trim in the non FSport models.
Old 09-18-19 | 11:17 AM
Gravel350
Driver School Candidate

We had a 2016 RX350 Canadian Executive model which I assume has the same seats as a US Luxury model... It had the extending part at the front of the seat and the 4 way lumbar. After 2 weeks I was hating the seats and it was just hard to get comfortable and my back would hurt. My wife drives it the most and she got used to it. After that RX was totaled in an accident around Christmas we looked at some F-Sports and we both much prefer the F-Sport seats. I am 5'11" and 175 pounds, my wife is smaller than me and she really likes the bolstered seats. We have had the F-Sport now since January and we are really happy that we went that way, we put about 25k miles on it a year so comfort is important.
Old 09-18-19 | 05:41 PM
Emaniat
Driver

The Australians have a version that is basically an FSport suspension with the body and seats of the Luxury model. Problem solved...
Old 09-18-19 | 10:20 PM
kolokmee
Intermediate

My 2 cents. No two seats are identical, even within the same model. I had a '16 RX350 before I traded it in for an '18 450h. Both Executive models with the same semi-aniline leather. Seats should be the same right? Nope. On my '16, it took a few days to get truly comfortable with the seats. At least it never hurt. The '18 was another story. Took me 3 months before the seats felt finally broken in and was as comfortable as the '16 was. Prior to that, there would be odd pressure spots on my butt and thighs even without the tight bolsters of the F-sport seats.

I had also test driven the F-sport models prior to my purchases, and sat in a few other F-sports in the showrooms. All the seats felt different, even after adjusting them to my liking. One had very aggressive thigh bolsters that felt painful. The most comfortable one was actually a used F-sport with about 30k on the odo. Seats were likely broken in and felt soft and yet supportive. Alas, the lack of the thigh extender was one of the factors that led me to go with the non-F models.

I think the best bet to see if the seats would bother you in the long run is to try out the seats on a car that has been broken in.
The following users liked this post:
jinnjia (09-26-23)
Old 09-19-19 | 04:04 AM
Emaniat
Driver

Agreed... I have to say Lexus has the worst consistency I've seen in a luxury car. I've had an Audi and all of the loaner vehicles their seats felt the same. I had a BMW and it and all of the loaner cars from them all of the seats felt the same or very similar. Now the Lexus is another story. I've probably had at least a half dozen loaner vehicles during various service and maintenance times in the last 2 and half years and all of the seats in all of the various vehicles have had different feeling each time...
Old 10-05-19 | 11:23 AM
Onion
Driver

Originally Posted by Emaniat
Agreed... I have to say Lexus has the worst consistency I've seen in a luxury car. I've had an Audi and all of the loaner vehicles their seats felt the same. I had a BMW and it and all of the loaner cars from them all of the seats felt the same or very similar. Now the Lexus is another story. I've probably had at least a half dozen loaner vehicles during various service and maintenance times in the last 2 and half years and all of the seats in all of the various vehicles have had different feeling each time...
At least you still get loaners, here in Ontario dealership will offer you free shuttle service if it takes a long time. The only time I have been offered loaner is during service 3 and brake fluid flash which is like a 600 dollars job. And it was a CT200H. At least it has good fuel economy....
Old 10-05-19 | 11:24 AM
Onion
Driver

It doesn't start for me personally until I'm two hours into the trip, then it starts to hurt my butt and I would want to get out of the vehicle ASAP. I have a 16RX F sport.
Old 10-05-19 | 11:38 AM
Emaniat
Driver

No loaner on a luxury vehicle. - that is the pits - what the heck are they thinking.
Old 10-05-19 | 11:39 AM
Emaniat
Driver

I’ve heard 1 - 3 months to break in fsport seats.
Old 10-05-19 | 11:42 AM
Onion
Driver

No loaner on a luxury vehicle. - that is the pits - what the heck are they thinking.
Because they offer you shuttle service of course, you get free Uber instead the need to drive yourself (sarcasm of course)
And you can't say they don't offer loaner, they do. The dealership I bought the vehicle from has a Hertz in the building, and I got the authorization form from the service advisor when I brought it in for the 600 dollar job. Just **** loaners and probably a high minimum purchase requirement? I may as well go to Toyota and spend 100 bucks on everything, spend the rest 500 to rent a high end sports car for a day.
Old 10-05-19 | 11:43 AM
Onion
Driver

I’ve heard 1 - 3 months to break in fsport seats.
It's been three years so yea, maybe I need to constant sit on it for 3 months to break in? Or just put a brick on the seat when not driving
Old 10-05-19 | 12:06 PM
SCRXOwner
Driver

I have a 2017 with 22k miles. The FSPORT seats get more comfortable with age. They hold you in place.
Old 10-05-19 | 12:15 PM
Onion
Driver

Originally Posted by SCRXOwner
I have a 2017 with 22k miles. The FSPORT seats get more comfortable with age. They hold you in place.
Damn I have 70K kilometers on it and it still hurts after long road trips. Short trips are fine.

Maybe my body is an outlier.

Quick Reply: F-sport seats, comfortable?