RX - 4th Gen (2016-2022) Discussion topics related to the 2016 and up RX350 and RX450h models

2016 RX 450H features questions

Search this Thread

Old 06-02-16, 09:12 AM
RLM
Driver

Received 2 Likes on 1 Post
Default 2016 RX 450H features questions

I have some questions about the VCS Traction Control switch, and LDA feature.

What exactly is the Traction Control feature, and should it be on or off?

The other question is with the LDA feature on when I change lanes the steering wheel feels funny, like the car is trying to control me.

Is that feature causing that?

Does the forum recommend to leave the LDA off or on (when should it be used)

Thanks
Old 06-02-16, 09:19 AM
toyotaman7
Racer

Received 560 Likes on 398 Posts

VSC (Vehicle Stability Control) is the feature that tries to correct if you do something to cause the car to slip, fishtail, loose control. It uses the brakes in individual wheels to and engine power to correct the issue, if possible). I personally would not turn that off.

Traction control is the feature that prevents the wheels from spinning if you start up too fast for the road conditions. Again, I would leave that on, unless you are stuck in snow or sand.

LDA (Lane Departure Alert/Assist) is the feature that monitors the lanes and if you weer off the lane without signalling it will try to bring the car back into the lane. I love this feature and done have any issues. I get the occasional beeps as a warning that I am crossing the lane and watch that. You must signal for all lane changes, or else it will be annoying.
Old 06-02-16, 09:25 AM
AL13NV8D3R
Instructor

Received 33 Likes on 22 Posts

Originally Posted by RLM

The other question is with the LDA feature on when I change lanes the steering wheel feels funny, like the car is trying to control me.

Thanks
When you say LDA i am assuming you meant LKA "Lane Keep Assist". What this feature does is help you mantain the vehicle center of your lane so you wont drift into another lane unintentionally or by accident. In theory this will help you in yhe even when you reach for something and loss attention to the road. With this feature off you will drift into another lane because you are not paying full attention to the road and may cause an accident. This feature will help prevent this.

VCS or VSC Traction, when you turn on your car every morning the car will default to Traction on to prevent your wheels from spinning and slipping. When you do press the button the Trac light will turn on and now you have disabled this feature. Just dont worry about this setting.
Old 06-02-16, 10:30 AM
TexasRxh
Pole Position

Received 8 Likes on 8 Posts

It's time to play BUZZ WORD BINGO! LKA, LDA, LCA, DRCC, Steering Assist...sheesh!

Check out the thread on Safety System +. There's a video and several explanations of what you have and how they work. https://www.clublexus.com/forums/rx-...ty-system.html
Old 06-03-16, 12:27 AM
macdee
Driver

Received 13 Likes on 11 Posts

Originally Posted by RLM

Thanks
tl;dr: Keep them all on!

LDA (lane departure alert, which is different from LKA - lane keep assist) is a very nice feature which keeps you alert of road conditions (vibrates your steering wheel when you car crosses lane line without you turning on turning signals). It could indeed by just slightly annoying sometimes especially on roads with lots of turns and lane markings. But hey… I'd rather have my steering wheel vibrating on me a little excessively, than at one point lose my attention and not being notified when crossing a lane line I didn't mean to cross

And the car trying to control you thingy is the LKA. It only works when you have cruise control on. It gently steers your car off the edges of the lane. But it's not annoying at all and you can easily override it manually if it does something stupid (which sometimes, though rarely, it does). Very nice feature and a huge help on long trips on highways. Especially night time and rainy conditions (when somehow my car sees lane marks better than me…)
Old 06-08-16, 10:57 AM
Ssteve
Driver School Candidate

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Default Oops!

The LDA only vibrates when changing lanes when YOU FAIL TO SIGNAL