RX - 4th Gen (2016-2022) Discussion topics related to the 2016 and up RX350 and RX450h models

F-Sport grille fit on non-F Sport?

Search this Thread

Old 10-02-22, 06:23 PM
MrChan
Rookie

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Does anyone know if the F Sport Outer Grilles can be installed on a Non-F Sport?

If yes, does the whole bumper need to come off for the replacement?

F Sport Grille Part numbers are : 53127-0E060 & 53128-0E060

Thanks in advance!

Non F Sport Style

F Sport Style
Old 03-17-23, 07:25 PM
MrChan
Rookie

Default Will a RX350 F Sport Bumper fit onto an RX350L trim?

Non F Sport trim

F Sport trim

F sport bumper grille

Has anyone tried to replace the bottom valance of a normal trim with the F sport version? Has anyone tried to replace the piece under the headlight with the F sport version as shown in the link above?

Thanks in advance..

Old 03-17-23, 10:08 PM
Saranhai
Driver

Received 18 Likes on 14 Posts

Originally Posted by MrChan
Non F Sport trim

F Sport trim

F sport bumper grille

Has anyone tried to replace the bottom valance of a normal trim with the F sport version? Has anyone tried to replace the piece under the headlight with the F sport version as shown in the link above?

Thanks in advance..
Funny you ask this question, I just found out recently that underneath that black F-Sport grille piece you linked, it's just a normal front bumper same for all trims of the RX. However, there are specific holes that have been drilled into the F-Sport bumper in order to have that grille piece attach properly, take a look at the images below. I believe if you're able to figure out where the holes go and how to drill them, in theory the grille pieces should be a perfect fit

Old 03-18-23, 07:45 AM
MrChan
Rookie

Originally Posted by Saranhai
Funny you ask this question, I just found out recently that underneath that black F-Sport grille piece you linked, it's just a normal front bumper same for all trims of the RX. However, there are specific holes that have been drilled into the F-Sport bumper in order to have that grille piece attach properly, take a look at the images below. I believe if you're able to figure out where the holes go and how to drill them, in theory the grille pieces should be a perfect fit

Oh sweet, nice discovery.

Since the bumper is the same for all trims then I assume in theory the bottom valance can be interchanged as well.

You wouldn't happen to have a part # for that would you?
Old 03-18-23, 11:01 PM
Saranhai
Driver

Received 18 Likes on 14 Posts

Originally Posted by MrChan
Oh sweet, nice discovery.

Since the bumper is the same for all trims then I assume in theory the bottom valance can be interchanged as well.

You wouldn't happen to have a part # for that would you?
Yeah it would not surprise me if the bottom portion can be interchanged, I guess maybe only thing is making sure that the colors match exactly. I believe the part number is 52119A, however that is just judging from this diagram that I grabbed from the Lexus parts website

The following users liked this post:
MrChan (03-19-23)
Old 01-14-24, 07:50 AM
natedahms
Driver

Received 7 Likes on 6 Posts

Another EBay special. Actually better quality than I expected. I had to do a lil' plastic welding to some of the plastic that holds in the sensor mounts and the covers for the tow hooks, or what ever those covers are for. Over all well worth <$300...
Hard part is figuring out the clips and order to remove the grille and bezel from the bumper. I still couldn't tell you how I got the lower section out... It just eventually came apart. The rest was easy. Also took me roughly 3hrs start to finish just like @SFFD785 mentioned.

@SFFD785 I remember you from mid 2000's when I had my GS. Hard to believe that was almost 20 years ago. We're getting old AF bro... Moddin' SUV's lol....

Last edited by natedahms; 01-16-24 at 03:13 PM.
The following users liked this post:
exploreco (01-15-24)
Old 01-15-24, 07:21 PM
exploreco
Driver

Received 34 Likes on 21 Posts

Originally Posted by natedahms

Another EBay special. Actually better quality than I expected. I had to do a lil' plastic welding to some of the plastic that holds in the sensor mounts and the covers for the tow hooks, or what ever those covers are for. Over all well worth <$300...
Hard part is figuring out the clips and order to remove the grille and bezel from the bumper. I still couldn't tell you how I got the lower section out... It just eventually came apart. The rest was easy. Also took me roughly 3hrs start to finish just like @sffd785 mentioned.

@sffd785 I remember you from mid 2000's when I had my GS. Hard to believe that was almost 20 years ago. We're getting old AF bro... Moddin' SUV's lol....
Looks great. I did something similar a couple weeks ago with a 2020 style grille from Ebay. And I agree with everything you said about the install. Love your rims too. Is that Satin Cashmere or Silver?.
Old 01-15-24, 08:11 PM
exploreco
Driver

I too recently updated the grille on my 17 RX. It had some damage in a couple spots and liked the look of the 2020 or Fsport grilles. This one had a place for the camera so I tried it. The spot for the camera did require some modification with the dremel tool to get it to fit. Camera doesn't look quite as nice as stock but it works and the angle is perfect. Fit of grill is decent for Ebay grille. Took me the better part of the day but finally got it done. I think it turned out good.

Old 01-16-24, 08:33 AM
Wraniada24
2nd gear

Default Grille with camera mount

Originally Posted by exploreco
I too recently updated the grille on my 17 RX. It had some damage in a couple spots and liked the look of the 2020 or Fsport grilles. This one had a place for the camera so I tried it. The spot for the camera did require some modification with the dremel tool to get it to fit. Camera doesn't look quite as nice as stock but it works and the angle is perfect. Fit of grill is decent for Ebay grille. Took me the better part of the day but finally got it done. I think it turned out good.

can you send me the link for this grille with camera mount please.
Old 01-16-24, 10:41 AM
exploreco
Driver

Originally Posted by Wraniada24
can you send me the link for this grille with camera mount please.
This is the one I bought.https://www.ebay.com/itm/355219319945 LOL, wish I hadn't looked it up because its $20 cheaper than what I paid.

Here's a shot of the front and back of the actual grille. It has a pre cut out but you will need to dremel almost that entire square past the cut out to get the camera to fit and attach on the mounting points. Like i said, if you look at it up-close there are some gaps on the side of the camera, which I may put some black silicon there to make better. But just looking, you can't tell. Sorry, I didn't get a picture after I did the dremel.

Old 01-16-24, 10:50 AM
Wraniada24
2nd gear

Default Sold!

Thank you so much, going to purchase.
Old 01-16-24, 12:22 PM
exploreco
Driver

Originally Posted by Wraniada24
Thank you so much, going to purchase.
Good luck. Post some pics when you get completed. Also, FYI, if you are a front plate state, the bracket that comes with it is not for US plates and is much larger than a standard US plate. The holes don't line up for a US plate. I have been running without a front plate for a while but don't want to give them a reason to stop me. Going to just try a universal bracket and see how it looks.
Old 01-16-24, 02:53 PM
natedahms
Driver

Received 7 Likes on 6 Posts

@exploreco It's 2019 Atomic Silver. It's my wifes car and I'm happy with how it turned out but I'm slightly regretting not going for the blacked out f sport kit that comes with the same honeycomb grille on eBay for around $600. When I showed my wife the pic @Rainskiz posted earlier in this thread she said that's what she wanted. She wasn't really feeling the F Sport lower valance. To me it looks Classy & Sporty... to her, it just looks Sporty... But she's the boss. Its her world, I'm just here to pimp her ride.

If someone gets one of these I'd be really interested in knowing what the quality is like. I'd hate to go through all that work and then hit one parking stop with that lower valance and have the whole thing crumble.

Last edited by natedahms; 01-16-24 at 03:04 PM. Reason: added pic
Old 04-01-24, 06:12 AM
VIPRX350
1st Gear

Can someone tell which parts to get off eBay or Amazon to do this conversion 2017 to fsport

I would also like the front lip if anyone has any links to share thank you in advance

Last edited by kitlz; 04-01-24 at 09:49 AM.
Old 07-09-24, 03:32 PM
ROSCOGX470
Instructor

Received 101 Likes on 73 Posts

Originally Posted by NFaridi
Has anybody done the F-Sport front lip on a Non-Fsport grille?
I know it’s 4 years ago but I just bought the FSport lip/valance and I was planning on a slight mod to have it fit around the base bottom hour glass molding. For $100 on eBay it’s worth a shot. I like the grill and all but didn’t want to go too crazy. I like the valance though, adds depth in my opinion