RX - 4th Gen (2016-2022) Discussion topics related to the 2016 and up RX350 and RX450h models

F-Sport grille fit on non-F Sport?

Search this Thread

Old 01-05-18, 10:44 AM
enjens
Driver School Candidate

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default change grill

I am buying a new RX 300 2018 but would like the mesh grill instead of the louvre grill, would it be difficult to change?
Old 01-05-18, 11:44 AM
lilboi
Driver

Received 9 Likes on 6 Posts

It would need to be changed along with other parts including the lower spoiler. It's about ~$1,300 for all parts.

More information here: https://www.clublexus.com/forums/rx-...n-f-sport.html
Old 01-27-18, 06:04 PM
taimysho0
Driver School Candidate

Default Has anyone swapped base bumper for f sport bumper?

Searched and didnt find any results--has anyone ever done a swap on a non f sport to f sport bumper? if so, how much was the cost? do you have the part numbers needed? any pics or tips on installation appreciated--thanks!
Old 02-06-18, 02:22 PM
Geekteach
Driver School Candidate

Received 12 Likes on 11 Posts

I’m considering swapping out the standard grille and wheels on my 2016 RX450h. I contacted Nigel in Japan. He quoted $1,450 for the Fsport grille kit and $1,700 + shipping for Fsport wheels. Shipping cost for the wheels is astronomical, so I only ordered the grille kit. It should arrive in 4 to 6 weeks. I believe the biggest problem will be finding a specialty shop to swap out the grilles.
Old 02-06-18, 04:57 PM
lilboi
Driver

I just did this conversion myself. It took about 3 hours to complete. I ordered the wrong lower trim pieces (black plastic the fills the gaps under the fogs).

The hardest part for me was to figure out how to take apart the grill assembly. There are about 5 parts that are intermingled together and need to be taken off in a particular order. Otherwise, I love the new look. Will take pictures after I replace the trim.

Now if only I can get the triple beams.
Old 02-07-18, 12:38 AM
Geekteach
Driver School Candidate

Received 12 Likes on 11 Posts

I definitely won’t do the work myself. My RX450h was sideswiped last week, and the front end must be removed to make repairs. Since the grille must be removed and replaced anyway, this is the perfect time for me to replace the standard grille with the Fsport version.
Old 02-12-18, 09:37 PM
lilboi
Driver

F-Sport front end conversion finally complete.

Replaced 7 parts in total (I didn't care to add the lower support pieces that go on either side under the bumper - You can't see it and it's unlikely to get any debris in that area).
I would estimate the project costed $1200-$1400.

I also took the opportunity to de-chrome the front end using 3m 1080 film. I wrapped everything while the parts were off the bumper. Also finished Lamin-X the fog lights (headlights were applied previously).

Will post more pictures when it's nicer outside.
The following 2 users liked this post by lilboi:
Darith (03-28-20), DaytonaV (02-13-18)
Old 02-17-18, 10:20 AM
brianzx7
Driver School Candidate

Default Perfect

Originally Posted by rufetus

I was waiting for a long time for this grill through our local bodyshop. It took about 2 hours to install it. It was very fine work and the result exceeded my expectations. I think their is no necessity to replace the whole bumper and grill. Our lexus dealer asked about $2200. I believe the amount they asked grossly exaggerated. I found an alternative way, emailed a guy and he was really helpful and I ordered through him. The quality of the grill and paint are excellent.

Hi
I have a 2018 RX350 non-FSport. I would like to do what this gentleman did to mine. I want to keep the lower bumper the way it is and basically just replace the mesh. Does any one have any information on specifics to getting this done?
Thanks,
~BRian
Old 02-19-18, 02:32 PM
breitenbub
Driver School Candidate

Default anybody tried this out yet?

I'm getting excited, parts are starting to become avail. Anyone have experience with:

​​​​​​https://www.ebay.com/itm/Racing-F-Sp...xZ0DAP&vxp=mtr

??
LMK
Old 02-20-18, 03:45 PM
Blitz_IS
Driver School Candidate

Just swapped mine but I have a donor car. Went from a regular RX FSport and transplanted the grill and parts over to my new RX-L.
Attached Thumbnails F-Sport grille fit on non-F Sport?-6fcea1f4-adb3-4574-bff2-eaf3cb7cc746.jpeg   F-Sport grille fit on non-F Sport?-25fd6117-c6bb-4eda-8487-ca047554fdda.jpeg   F-Sport grille fit on non-F Sport?-05462117-59e0-411d-b76e-9c505dd78ea8.jpeg  
Old 02-21-18, 10:41 PM
lilboi
Driver

Originally Posted by Blitz_IS
Just swapped mine but I have a donor car. Went from a regular RX FSport and transplanted the grill and parts over to my new RX-L.
Nice.
Interesting scenario. Did the black one want the non-f grill?
Old 02-21-18, 10:44 PM
lilboi
Driver

I'd recommend staying away from those knockoff parts.
Some of those honeycomb grills will work with the non-fsport lip but you have to be real careful when shopping for them.
IMHO you can get a OEM grill for roughly the same price as that listing but you need to shop for the other 5-7 surrounding pieces to pull off the entire look.

Originally Posted by breitenbub
I'm getting excited, parts are starting to become avail. Anyone have experience with:

​​​​​​https://www.ebay.com/itm/Racing-F-Sp...xZ0DAP&vxp=mtr

??
LMK
Old 02-22-18, 07:25 AM
Blitz_IS
Driver School Candidate

Yes it was no problem. My wife hates the seats in the fsport. So we ended up getting the L version with the cushy seats. She’s use to the seats in the LX.
Old 03-01-18, 09:24 AM
Dramire3
Driver School Candidate

Originally Posted by lilboi
I just did this conversion myself. It took about 3 hours to complete. I ordered the wrong lower trim pieces (black plastic the fills the gaps under the fogs).

The hardest part for me was to figure out how to take apart the grill assembly. There are about 5 parts that are intermingled together and need to be taken off in a particular order. Otherwise, I love the new look. Will take pictures after I replace the trim.

Now if only I can get the triple beams.
hey buddy were you able to use the same base model bumper and can you please tell me which upper grill part number you used and what the options your rx had (parking sensors, camara ect.)?
Old 03-01-18, 10:01 PM
lilboi
Driver

Originally Posted by Dramire3
hey buddy were you able to use the same base model bumper and can you please tell me which upper grill part number you used and what the options your rx had (parking sensors, camara ect.)?
Parts were listed a few times throughout this thread.
Post 57 is a good place to start.
https://www.clublexus.com/forums/rx-...ml#post9619535

Quick Reply: F-Sport grille fit on non-F Sport?