RX - 4th Gen (2016-2022) Discussion topics related to the 2016 and up RX350 and RX450h models

Navigation screen not working, flashes pink screen every 12 seconds

Search this Thread

Old 06-08-16 | 10:04 AM
mjeds
Lexus Champion

Originally Posted by Lexus61030
If you do not have an active XM Nav Traffic subscription, this problem probably did not apply to you.
2014 -2016 vehicles do not use XM traffic, they use HD radio Traffic.

I don't have an active XM subscription, nor an active enform app subscription and it still affected me.. from several of the blogs I have read online, it affect over 250,000 vehicles across all 2014 - 2016 models.
Old 06-08-16 | 10:28 AM
javapro
Driver

Originally Posted by kenlex16
Go to your fuse box and pull the fuses that pertain to your radio in my RX 450h that was two fuses one 15 and 10 amp. I then went inside and started the vehicle till the nav screen turned all pink (about a minute and half). Turn off the vehicle go back and insert fuses again where you took them out from. Then go back and turn on vehicle again and leave it on (do not shut it down) you will see a screen popup that shows loading with a bar going across the screen. Wait with car on till it completes and then the NAV comes up again. I had the full NAV, Radio and my phone still attached and working with no problems. Did the same for my wife's vehicle and both are back up again. Don't know how long it will last or if this is temp fix since I'm sure I did not get the updated fix from the dealer but I take both into the dealer next week for the 5k service and I'll address this with them for the fix. My Lexus dealer told me they have a work around fix not sure what that means or if it's what I already did just now. Hope this work for all you out there.
Pulling out the two nav/audio fuses worked for me. Just follow the instructions above - the two fuses in question on my 2016 RX 350 are located under the hood, NOT under the dash. Also, I DID NOT lose any memory and/or nav/audio/radio related settings.

Last edited by javapro; 06-08-16 at 10:32 AM.
Old 06-08-16 | 10:34 AM
YuriT
Driver School Candidate

thanks, that worked for me. cleaner and faster than unscrewing the battery bolt
Old 06-08-16 | 10:46 AM
t4tran
Rookie

Just happened to me when I started the car
Old 06-08-16 | 11:07 AM
gonzalu
Driver

This just happened to me this morning. 2016 RX-350 F Sport, radio played for a few seconds, then pink screen... only thing that worked was reverse camera. All else dead.

Drove right to dealer, line was 15 cars deep out the door. All same issue, different cars/trucks. Service Managers were VERY VERY nice and apologetic. They said 10 minutes... mine took 5 minutes, tops.

I did see my hood open. I did NOT lose any settings. All my presets were intact. Map modes did reset. I took a video of the issue before it was fixed...

Last edited by gonzalu; 06-08-16 at 11:54 AM.
Old 06-08-16 | 11:19 AM
t4tran
Rookie

Did the fuse removal and it worked
Old 06-08-16 | 12:55 PM
bootman
Intermediate

Originally Posted by Oldfart
I do not know how you all are able to survive without radio/navigation for a day. It is worse than being stranded on a side of the road with blown transmission with a trunk full of groceries getting spoiled in 100 degrees heat.
I see a class action lawsuit coming up for emotional distress.
Good luck my prayers are with you.
I almost split out my drink laughing with the amount of dripping sarcasm.
Nice job.
Old 06-08-16 | 12:59 PM
jwigley
Pit Crew

That's some weird creepy crap. A lovely reminder that outside entities can control aspects of your vehicle remotely at any time.
Old 06-08-16 | 01:11 PM
Regrex
Driver School Candidate

Default Did the fuse removal

Thank you. I now know more than before about my car. The fuse removal works. Thanks for all the info given by all.
Old 06-08-16 | 02:02 PM
bootman
Intermediate

Originally Posted by jwigley
That's some weird creepy crap. A lovely reminder that outside entities can control aspects of your vehicle remotely at any time.
...and your phone, smart TV, PC, basically anything connected to the outside world.
Old 06-08-16 | 02:55 PM
Macs4RX
Driver

Just wondering how widespread this navigation system issue is? Apparently, I may have dodged the bullet myself (RX350 with 12.3" Nav/PVM/IPA). I worked from home today so have only started and run my RX twice and for 5 minutes each time. No problems to report (yet) - everything worked "nominally" as SpaceX folks would say.
Old 06-08-16 | 02:59 PM
mjeds
Lexus Champion

Originally Posted by Macs4RX
Just wondering how widespread this navigation system issue is? Apparently, I may have dodged the bullet myself (RX350 with 12.3" Nav/PVM/IPA). I worked from home today so have only started and run my RX twice and for 5 minutes each time. No problems to report (yet) - everything worked "nominally" as SpaceX folks would say.

from what I gather your vehicle had to have received a traffic/weather update yesterday that contained the corrupt data stream.

HD traffic/weather updates every 15 minutes while you are driving. if you didn't receive the update during that time then you didn't have the issue, additionally the issue isn't apparent until after a start cycle. so you would have received the update and not noticed it until you parked turned off the car, and then restarted the car later.

since you didn't have the vehicle running long enough to get an update, you lucked out and it didn't affect you.
Old 06-08-16 | 03:29 PM
dohc3ltt
Pole Position

I just bought the car for my wife two weeks ago and this happens. I hope the reset works when I get home.
Old 06-08-16 | 05:42 PM
skiracer
Lead Lap

This is the dealership service department at 2PM. I'm gonna guess at least 30 cars deep.. I got thru it in about 45 minutes... They said it was like this all day yesterday and today starting at 7AM. Dealership had pizza and cold waters for customers....

Old 06-08-16 | 06:38 PM
StephB
Driver School Candidate

Originally Posted by Oldfart
I do not know how you all are able to survive without radio/navigation for a day. It is worse than being stranded on a side of the road with blown transmission with a trunk full of groceries getting spoiled in 100 degrees heat.
I see a class action lawsuit coming up for emotional distress.
Good luck my prayers are with you.
as someone who was 7 months pregnant who had their vehicle transmission completely give out on one payment away from being paid off on the interstate believe me, I know how bad things can get, all things are relative to the situation. My husband drives over 3 hours a day for commute and the bluetooth and navi are vital to what he does for work so not having these features are a huge issue for us.

Quick Reply: Navigation screen not working, flashes pink screen every 12 seconds