RX - 4th Gen (2016-2022) Discussion topics related to the 2016 and up RX350 and RX450h models

Navigation & Screens Issues

Search this Thread

Old 07-04-16, 09:24 AM
dchar
Lexus Champion

Received 228 Likes on 181 Posts
Default Navigation & Screens Issues

Just wondering if others were having the problems that my father told me that was occurring on his RX350.

He would set a destination that was obviously north of where he was or it but it would take him south, or west of where he was and it would take him east. This has happened to him several times on different destinations.

He also said that the display in the speedometer area would go blank and inoperable several times when using guidance. Sometimes half the center screen would also freeze and go blank.

Took it to the dealer once and they said nothing was wrong. The problems happened again this weekend.
Old 07-04-16, 10:42 AM
TexasRxh
Pole Position

Received 9 Likes on 9 Posts

Mine has frozen a couple times and just yesterday it suddenly went blank and rebooted while navigation was active. The dealer reset the system after the "pink screen" issue (which I never had). There are other threads that talk about these issues but I've not heard of the Nav getting confused about which direction it's going.

You might try recalibrating the compass? I don't have the manual at hand but it's typically something like driving in two consecutive 360 deg circles (counter clockwise?).
Old 07-05-16, 01:39 PM
joewnj
Rookie

Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts

I did not have the "pink" screen problem on either my RX or my wife's RX.
But a few weeks ago in Scranton, PA. I put the hotel in the GPS on my RX. It would say drive in a direction and make a left turn at the next intersection. When I got to the intersection, it jumped to a different route (away for the direction to the hotel) and said turn right. I turned left and it rerouted back to the old route. It did this several times but I finally did get back to the hotel.
Then the following week, I was a party about 20 miles from home. I set it to "go home" and when I got to an intersection where I should have turned left to head east towards home, it tried to route me to the south east (away from the correct route). I turned left and it then routed me as I expected.
The next day, I pulled the two fuses and reset the navigation. Have not had a chance to see if this fixed it. My wife said this problem has not occurred in her RX yet but suggested I reset her car. Haven't done it yet.
Never saw the problem with either of the two previous RXs we had.
wife: white 2016 RX350 with Nav and safety system
me: blue 2016 RX350 with Nav and safety system.
previous:
wife: 2008 RX400H with Nav.
me: 2012 RX250 with Nav.