RX - 4th Gen (2016-2022) Discussion topics related to the 2016 and up RX350 and RX450h models

Sequential tail lights installed!!!

Search this Thread

Old 10-02-17, 05:33 PM
LexusRX16
Driver School Candidate

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Nope they both turn on same time I believed
Old 10-02-17, 05:39 PM
Emaniat
Driver

Received 17 Likes on 16 Posts

Ok. I'll be bummed if they don't do it.
Old 10-27-17, 11:56 AM
gs400jy
Driver School Candidate

Originally Posted by kenforum
The total cost is about $1500, totally worth it
No word about whether the front is plug and play too. I'm guessing it is but I want to be fairly sure. We need a guy like "760A" to know more info. He is the man!

As for which vendor it is, I don't really know unfortunately. My friend only told me to pay and wait for the lights to arrive.
Ken, so quick question I was looking at the following site...so I am guessing that the rear tail lamps don't control the front headlamp turn signals? Also did you have to replace both the BUL and the CBL of the rear units?
Old 11-02-17, 05:26 PM
Emaniat
Driver

OK. This is what I've found out on the tail light harnesses.

NON-SEQUENTIAL / NON-DYNAMIC TURN SIGNAL HARNESSES

RCL
(Non sequential or non dynamic turn signals - rear quarter panel lights)
81555-0E130 - US Part Number
81555-48350 - JDM Part Number
[Different part numbers - but they are the same harnesses]
{This harness has a turn signal bulb socket and and LED connector)

BUL
(Non sequential or non dynamic turn signals - tailgate lights)
81585-0E130 - US Part Number
81585-48170 - JDM Part Number
[Different part numbers - but they are the same harnesses]
{This harness has a backup bulb socket and a small 3 wire LED connector)

=======================================================

SEQUENTIAL / DYNAMIC TURN SIGNAL HARNESSES

RCL
(Sequential or dynamic turn signals - rear quarter panel lights)
81555-48360 - JDM Part Number
{This harness has a single large LED connector)
NOTE: This harness is not available in the United States.

BUL
(Sequential or dynamic turn signals - tailgate lights)
81585-48160 - JDM Part Number
{This harness has a backup bulb connector and a large 6 wire LED connector)
NOTE: This harness is not available in the United States.

I have also seen on several YouTube videos that some tail lights are sequential and some are not even though they have the lighting LED lights on the tailgate... I'm not sure what dictates the sequencing of this... Whether or not its a central computer or something controlled only in the device...

Hope this helps.

I wouldn't say that it is really true plug and play without the correct harnesses. I would say though that the RX does look like it's on an international world platform and is modular, which is a very good thing for modding.

Last edited by Emaniat; 11-02-17 at 05:52 PM.
Old 11-04-17, 06:34 AM
Emaniat
Driver

Ok. I've also realized that with the premium triple beam headlights the tail lights are also different. I knew that they had the rear led corning / turn signal lights, but I've also found out that the triple beam headlight package also come with the rear tail lights (BUL) on the lift gate that have the led bar light strip below the backup light. The only difference vs the world / jdm market is that they are not sequential. They all light up at the same time along with the turn signal. Those of you with that package probably already knew that, but for those of us that don't, probably didn't know that fact. The base lighting package or even the base lighting package with the bi-led adaptive headlights has incandescent turn signal bulbs and no led light bar below the backup lights.
Old 12-28-17, 05:16 PM
raysmd
Driver

Received 7 Likes on 6 Posts

anyone figure out how to get this to work on a 2017 f-sport with the triple beam LEDs?
Old 03-10-18, 03:56 PM
RCjets
Rookie

Received 14 Likes on 10 Posts
Default LED Turn Signal chase sequence

Need clarification for those in the U.S.with Triple LED headlight and LED tail light option...
Do we need the Japan BUL assemblies only, wire harness only - or both BUL and wire harness?

Last edited by RCjets; 03-10-18 at 06:08 PM.
Old 03-10-18, 05:11 PM
raysmd
Driver

Received 7 Likes on 6 Posts

^ from what I understand, we have to source the Japan made rear backup lamp. the whole set that is attached to the rear hatch.
Old 11-12-18, 05:31 PM
Emaniat
Driver

Originally Posted by RCjets
Need clarification for those in the U.S.with Triple LED headlight and LED tail light option...
Do we need the Japan BUL assemblies only, wire harness only - or both BUL and wire harness?
Wiring harnesses for the premium (triple beam) lighting package should be ok (the same). All you would need is the sequential BULs that go on the lift gate. Premium package already has the led RCLs on the car. From what I understand it is the CAAN programming in each device / item that has the coding to run the sequencing of the lights.
Old 11-12-18, 05:36 PM
Emaniat
Driver

Just North America (Canada and the US) doesn't get the sequential lights. The UK, EU & Asia do get the sequencing turn signal lights.
Old 11-17-18, 06:28 AM
jkamakaze
Driver School Candidate

I mean, all OEMs can get modified to sequencing if you have the coin too
Old 08-29-19, 08:28 AM
Emaniat
Driver

Ok. Two years later. I finally had time to get them installed. Not too difficult, just time consuming. Love the end results...

Now looking into adding factory heated rear seats. The console is prewired for the switches. Need to see if the wire loom is under the back seat carpet to add in the harness and elements.

Also looking in to see if the car is prewired for the 360 degree panormamic camera view system. Wished I had a pdf version of the factory lexus service manuals the service department uses. It would tell you right away.

And.... waiting to check out the upgraded 2020 suspension components... Larger sway bars, stiffer bushings, springs & dampers... Knowing Toyota/Lexus with it just being a mid model refresh - most of those items should be direct bolt ons, like other Toyotas have been in the past.
Old 09-08-19, 09:55 PM
Kookinrice
Driver School Candidate

Originally Posted by Emaniat
Ok. Two years later. I finally had time to get them installed. Not too difficult, just time consuming. Love the end results...

Now looking into adding factory heated rear seats. The console is prewired for the switches. Need to see if the wire loom is under the back seat carpet to add in the harness and elements.

Also looking in to see if the car is prewired for the 360 degree panormamic camera view system. Wished I had a pdf version of the factory lexus service manuals the service department uses. It would tell you right away.

And.... waiting to check out the upgraded 2020 suspension components... Larger sway bars, stiffer bushings, springs & dampers... Knowing Toyota/Lexus with it just being a mid model refresh - most of those items should be direct bolt ons, like other Toyotas have been in the past.
Since you already Installed your sequential taillight. Do you know where should I buy the taillight wiring wire harness.. I’ve been looking for the taillight wiring wire harness for the sequential taillight. My car is just luxury package , that’s why I can’t install it. Even though I already got the sequential taillight from JDM part. From what I’ve read in the topic . It has to be the premium package to has that kind of taillight wiring wire .. please help me 🙏🏼🙏🏼. Thank you
Old 09-09-19, 02:18 AM
Emaniat
Driver

One of my previous threads or maybe this one two years ago has the JDM part number for both of the lights. There was a guy on here who was selling them out of California but they were expensive. I found mine on eBay. The side quarter panel light wiring harness should be the same as the JDM one so those you might just be able to get away with the US Premium lights wires. You might also get away with the US Premium pkg wiring for the tailgate lights also but am not sure. Hope this helps
Old 09-10-19, 10:53 PM
BrittKimi
Driver School Candidate

Default Please help

Originally Posted by kenforum
YouTube

More pics!

Hey when you installed yours did you have problems with the harness? I just got mine and I’m trying to install but it won’t work

Quick Reply: Sequential tail lights installed!!!