RX - 4th Gen (2016-2022) Discussion topics related to the 2016 and up RX350 and RX450h models

Reproduction Wheels

Search this Thread

Old 01-23-17, 06:51 PM
Thivi
Driver School Candidate

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Apologies for the delayed response. I do not know what is a fair price for these wheels are. When you add the option at directly from Lexus, it factors in the buy back for the stock wheels and should only charge you for the upgrade cost. So not sure how much it is if you order it directly. I suggest you contact the local Lexsus Parts dealer and find out how much it is. I am sure they can look up the stock wheel p/n for you.
Old 01-24-17, 04:59 AM
uhaveit
Driver School Candidate

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by Thivi
Apologies for the delayed response. I do not know what is a fair price for these wheels are. When you add the option at directly from Lexus, it factors in the buy back for the stock wheels and should only charge you for the upgrade cost. So not sure how much it is if you order it directly. I suggest you contact the local Lexsus Parts dealer and find out how much it is. I am sure they can look up the stock wheel p/n for you.
Thanks for info. I found someone locally who want to get rid of 20 inch wheels that came with Luxury package and I grabbed without a second thought.
Old 02-05-17, 05:26 PM
Baxter64
Rookie

Received 5 Likes on 4 Posts

Originally Posted by DenverRx
Great Video Baxter! If you want to see more of this guy, here's a video with him going on a rant about the top 20 lemon autos, enjoy:
lol, thanks... yeah he is a classic... certainly tells it like it is..

Here he is absolutely slamming the 2 star crash rating the Mustang death trap got in recent days...

Last time a car got two stars in Australia and Europe was when Chinese car company Great Wall, released their Generation 1 Utilities back 15 years ago...

Shame FORD shame......

Old 02-06-17, 02:13 PM
bonedlsu
Driver School Candidate

Default Replica wheels

anyone have any experience purchasing replica wheels? I have the 20" wheel with inserts but i want to powder coat with black chrome. I am just not sure it will look good with the inserts. I cant seem to find anyone selling used 20" V spoke ones so i can get them powder coated but i founf these replicas already in black chrome. What do you guys think?
Attached Thumbnails Reproduction Wheels-img_2459.png  
Old 02-07-17, 09:15 PM
bonedlsu
Driver School Candidate

Originally Posted by curf
Has anyone purchased Lexus reproduction wheels? If so any issues? On e-bay and some other reproduction websites they now have the wheels I wanted for my new RX. Dealer would not change the ones that came on the luxury package for the premium package wheel. So I have been watching e-bay. I just found replica's for $895. They look identical to the Lexus wheel. Also found another website that sells them for $800 and they come in chrome to, actually it states 3 colors. He said my center caps will work on these. Advice please!

Curf, i am in the exact same boat as you. I have the luxury wheels with the inserts but i want the v spoke instead. I also looked at the replica ones on eBay as well. I am so tempted but i am not sure of the quality or if it affect my mpg on my 450h. I almcurious to what you ended up doing?

i have been looking but i cannot find any decent priced used oem v spoke wheels. I am even willing to trade but havent been able to find a company or individual yet.
Old 02-08-17, 08:30 AM
DenverRx
Intermediate

Received 105 Likes on 61 Posts

I bought a set of factory V spoke wheels & tires (Michelin) on ebay for $2K. I just checked, and there are 2 sellers ($1375 and $1500) selling factory V spoke wheels.
Old 02-08-17, 10:44 AM
bonedlsu
Driver School Candidate

Originally Posted by DenverRx
I bought a set of factory V spoke wheels & tires (Michelin) on ebay for $2K. I just checked, and there are 2 sellers ($1375 and $1500) selling factory V spoke wheels.
DenverRX, I do see a few on ebay. I would not mind buying those at that price if i know i can seel my existing 20" with inserts as well. I wonder how much i can sell them for.
Old 02-08-17, 12:36 PM
uhaveit
Driver School Candidate

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by bonedlsu
DenverRX, I do see a few on ebay. I would not mind buying those at that price if i know i can seel my existing 20" with inserts as well. I wonder how much i can sell them for.
I paid 1K for the 20 inch wheels with inserts
I bought it from some one very similar to your situation ( Upgraded to different OEM 20 inch wheels).

I am sure you can get a minimum of one thousand dollars

I had to spend another 1k on tires and installation

Last edited by kitlz; 02-08-17 at 03:10 PM. Reason: no promoting in the forum
Old 02-08-17, 12:39 PM
bonedlsu
Driver School Candidate

Originally Posted by uhaveit
I paid 1K for the 20 inch wheels with inserts
I bought it from some one very similar to your situation ( Upgraded to different OEM 20 inch wheels).

I am sure you can get a minimum of one thousand dollars

I had to spend another 1k on tires and installation
Trying to sell my 18 inch factory wheels and tires . It will end up in ebay shortly

Thank you for the info. I think i will go down that route. But it will mark it up by 12% to compensate for ebay fees!