RX - 4th Gen (2016-2022) Discussion topics related to the 2016 and up RX350 and RX450h models

Send destinations from google maps to RX?

Search this Thread

Old 03-29-18, 03:30 PM
mspearl95
Instructor

Received 119 Likes on 100 Posts

Originally Posted by JSracer
I like doing it that way in the Lexus search on my phone, save, then sync the car.
Yeah this has become my go-to method for programming the nav as well. way easier than trying to use voice command while driving.
Old 03-29-18, 05:01 PM
JSracer
Instructor

Received 124 Likes on 104 Posts

Originally Posted by 17SWFL
Can you either of you explain , how?
Open the enform app on your phone, destination search, find what you are looking for, tap the destination then save, (its an option)
Go to the car, enform apps or something saved destination then sync is an option Click that in the car, boom destination loaded,
Hope that makes sense.
The following users liked this post:
Benshell (06-19-18)
Old 03-30-18, 04:43 PM
ZnSaucier
Driver School Candidate

Received 18 Likes on 9 Posts

Originally Posted by mspearl95
Yeah this has become my go-to method for programming the nav as well. way easier than trying to use voice command while driving.
So much easier, just wish it was faster to get to the menus after starting the car
Old 05-31-18, 04:56 PM
JSracer
Instructor

Received 124 Likes on 104 Posts

Has anyone been able to get navibridge working with an android to connect to their rx? I have a galaxy S9 and a 17rx
I have been using the destination search on the Lexus app,

Thanks
I do have the beat-sonic bypass and screen mirroring kit with screen beam. I'll install it one of these weeks. Has been on the shelf since January but didn't want to pull panels in the cold.
Old 04-24-19, 08:57 AM
DyaDya
Driver

Received 11 Likes on 8 Posts

Originally Posted by JSracer
Open the enform app on your phone, destination search, find what you are looking for, tap the destination then save, (its an option)
Go to the car, enform apps or something saved destination then sync is an option Click that in the car, boom destination loaded,
Hope that makes sense.
Could somebody please explain where the sync option is. offline i was able to save some destinations to my destination search app on my phone. when i go to the car and launch destination search, the phone shows the page and shows its connected and i dont see any further navigation possible there, (as long as its connected), and i dont see any "sync option" there or on the car. I must be missing it. Please advise where i can find it. Thanks!
Old 04-24-19, 10:48 AM
mcomer
Lead Lap

Received 884 Likes on 666 Posts

Press the center console "Menu" button. Find "Lexus App Suite" on the screen and select it.
Choose "Saved Destinations" and open it. Tap one or more and they will create a route.
Now that they are a Previous Destination, next time you are Not in the car you can open
LAS in your phone and delete (by sliding) any or all of those destinations and add new ones.

Note: LAS must remain running on your phone (not necessarily on top like Scout) to maintain
the connection. You will always get the quick disclaimer the this "will take Data Plan minutes"
The following users liked this post:
DyaDya (04-24-19)
Old 04-24-19, 12:47 PM
DyaDya
Driver

Originally Posted by mcomer
Press the center console "Menu" button. Find "Lexus App Suite" on the screen and select it.
Choose "Saved Destinations" and open it. Tap one or more and they will create a route.
Now that they are a Previous Destination, next time you are Not in the car you can open
LAS in your phone and delete (by sliding) any or all of those destinations and add new ones.

Note: LAS must remain running on your phone (not necessarily on top like Scout) to maintain
the connection. You will always get the quick disclaimer the this "will take Data Plan minutes"
AWSOME! After owning the car for 1 year i finally now know how this is done. I really need this now since i am about to go on a 2 week road trip. I couldn't even get this info from our "Lexus Tech Expert". It would be nice if there was a way to do it totally offline and just have them appear in the car, but I will take it! Much easier than futsy-ing around 100% in the car. Kind of like the "sync" button a previous person wrote would make sense. Maybe there used to be one. I don't see it. Thanks!
Old 04-24-19, 01:30 PM
mcomer
Lead Lap

Received 884 Likes on 666 Posts

Enjoy the trip! Another Nav trick is using the "Mark" button. While moving you can just tap the
"Mark" button to drop a flag. Want to return to photograph that old barn at sunset? Tap "Mark"!
Want to modify a route? Drive off the blue line and when at the zenith of your detour...tap Mark.
Next time you travel that route just add the newly defined Mark as a waypoint. You will find all
your Marks in "Address Book" Custom Edit them (while stopped) and change the icon from the
default Blue Flag to a more meaningful Star, Heart, Pushpin, Purple Plate (favorite restaurant).
Old 04-24-19, 04:36 PM
DyaDya
Driver

Very cool. Thanks again!
Old 07-11-19, 06:33 PM
matt15
Driver School Candidate

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

NaviBridge has a bad search engine, google sendtoCar is much better feature. https://www.google.com/maps/sendtocar . This feature will help to send google maps address to Car Navigation, so you don't have to type. Its not supported by Lexus by many other manufactures like from Kia to Audi support it.

I have requested the following features with Lexus, request others to provide the same feedback so they may consider as its not expensive
Old 07-11-19, 07:40 PM
matt15
Driver School Candidate

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by atomarchio
Does the new RX or any other Lexus model support the feature where you can send a destination from Google maps directly to the vehicle? I see Toyota is supported but not Lexus specifically.

If so, has anyone been able to do this?

Please let me know. Thanks.
Nope. Lexus is not in the list of google sendtoCar, though many other brands like BMW, Audi, Kia, Nissan.
I have requested Lexus on the same, and request others to contact Lexus and provide this feedback

I don't think its expensive for Lexus to implement it, and will be much better than Navibridge with bad search engine.

Also hope they can retrofit CarPlay to Gen9 systems.