RX - 4th Gen (2016-2022) Discussion topics related to the 2016 and up RX350 and RX450h models

2016 RX350 Will Not allow me to select NORMAL Mode?

Search this Thread

Old 08-16-16, 09:13 AM
iAlvinK
Driver School Candidate

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default 2016 RX350 Will Not allow me to select NORMAL Mode?

Just purchased a 2016 RX over the weekend. Something that's bothering me is that it won't let me select NORMAL drive mode. Is anyone else experiencing the same issue? I can toggle left for ECO and then toggle right for Sport. I try pushing down for Normal mode but it will never go into that mode. The vehicle drives on ECO mode most of the time and will switch to Normal mode every once in a while when it wants to. This is kinda driving me crazy. Never did this on my CT or my IS models. If there's a Normal mode, then in theory I should be able to select it whenever I want. Be grateful for any insights. -Thanks!
Old 08-16-16, 09:28 AM
ggebhardt
Pole Position

Received 515 Likes on 385 Posts

Yep. Take it to the dealer as all the modes should be available.
Old 08-16-16, 02:10 PM
HenryNYC
Driver

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Originally Posted by iAlvinK
Just purchased a 2016 RX over the weekend. Something that's bothering me is that it won't let me select NORMAL drive mode. Is anyone else experiencing the same issue? I can toggle left for ECO and then toggle right for Sport. I try pushing down for Normal mode but it will never go into that mode. The vehicle drives on ECO mode most of the time and will switch to Normal mode every once in a while when it wants to. This is kinda driving me crazy. Never did this on my CT or my IS models. If there's a Normal mode, then in theory I should be able to select it whenever I want. Be grateful for any insights. -Thanks!
You're not basing it on the green ECO light that pops on and off on the dash are you? That dash light only indicates you're driving it in the most fuel efficient matter. Not 100% sure cause I turn that light off since day one (drove me cray) but that light comes on in all modes I believe.
Old 08-16-16, 02:23 PM
iAlvinK
Driver School Candidate

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by HenryNYC
You're not basing it on the green ECO light that pops on and off on the dash are you? That dash light only indicates you're driving it in the most fuel efficient matter. Not 100% sure cause I turn that light off since day one (drove me cray) but that light comes on in all modes I believe.
Yes, the ECO light does come on and what you're saying does make sense. However, I still should be able to put the vehicle in Normal Mode when I want to. I cannot at this time. For example, I'll be driving and the ECO light is on... I then push the drive mode select to activate Normal Mode and it won't do it. It still is in ECO Mode. This never happened on my CT or my IS. I can toggle left and right to activate both ECO and Sport at any given time, just that it will never allow me to activate Normal Mode.
Old 08-16-16, 08:38 PM
elvin6188
Driver School Candidate

Received 6 Likes on 3 Posts

Try to press down the **** ,

Originally Posted by iAlvinK
Yes, the ECO light does come on and what you're saying does make sense. However, I still should be able to put the vehicle in Normal Mode when I want to. I cannot at this time. For example, I'll be driving and the ECO light is on... I then push the drive mode select to activate Normal Mode and it won't do it. It still is in ECO Mode. This never happened on my CT or my IS. I can toggle left and right to activate both ECO and Sport at any given time, just that it will never allow me to activate Normal Mode.
Old 08-16-16, 10:50 PM
dchar
Lexus Champion

Received 227 Likes on 180 Posts

Nothing is wrong with your car...you're just confusing the Eco green light for something else.

The green Eco light isn't a mode indicator, it just shows you when you are driving in an Eco-friendly manner. That's why when you accelerate hard, it will turn off. Eco light does not work in Sport mode. You can turn off the Eco light permanently by going through the settings on the center screen in the speedometer.

When you are in Eco mode, the center screen in the speedometer will say you are in Eco mode and turns the theme on the screen blue. Normal mode doesn't have an indicator. Sport mode will say Sport mode in the center speedometer screen and turns the theme on the screen red.

Car automatically defaults to Normal or Eco mode after ever start.
Old 08-17-16, 03:09 AM
ggebhardt
Pole Position

Received 515 Likes on 385 Posts

Originally Posted by dchar
Nothing is wrong with your car...you're just confusing the Eco green light for something else.

The green Eco light isn't a mode indicator, it just shows you when you are driving in an Eco-friendly manner. That's why when you accelerate hard, it will turn off. Eco light does not work in Sport mode. You can turn off the Eco light permanently by going through the settings on the center screen in the speedometer.

When you are in Eco mode, the center screen in the speedometer will say you are in Eco mode and turns the theme on the screen blue. Normal mode doesn't have an indicator. Sport mode will say Sport mode in the center speedometer screen and turns the theme on the screen red.

Car automatically defaults to Normal or Eco mode after ever start.
^^^^I am betting on this^^^^
Old 08-17-16, 12:15 PM
toyotaman7
Racer

Received 583 Likes on 410 Posts

Eco mode, Sport mode and Sport+ modes are illuminated in the dash. Normal mode does not say anything. At least that is the case for F-Sport. In Sport and Sport + mode the Eco light will also turn off. In Normal mode the Eco light is functional.

You can disable that light if you wish. It is pretty much useless.