RX - 4th Gen (2016-2022) Discussion topics related to the 2016 and up RX350 and RX450h models

RX350 seat comfort

Search this Thread

Old 06-30-17, 11:24 AM
ggebhardt
Pole Position

Received 502 Likes on 380 Posts

6-0 and 213 lbs and my Luxury 450h seats are very comfortable for the 6-7 hour ride to Atlanta. Did have to stop twice for a few minutes to take a wiz but seats were OK.

Last edited by ggebhardt; 06-30-17 at 12:37 PM.
Old 06-30-17, 12:13 PM
dchar
Lexus Champion

Received 225 Likes on 179 Posts

I find the Luxury package seats to be vastly more comfortable than the Premium package seats due to the leg extender (I'm 6' tall). Never sat in the F-sport seats in the RX.

I can see how people would think the seats are hard, but that's how most seats are, but they soften after a while as it sits in the sun and gets stretched as you sit on them. I wonder if changing the padding would interfere with the seat ventilation.
Old 06-30-17, 08:29 PM
Luap
Pit Crew

Received 13 Likes on 12 Posts

Originally Posted by dchar

I can see how people would think the seats are hard, but that's how most seats are, but they soften after a while as it sits in the sun and gets stretched as you sit on them.
I have a hard time accepting this , the seats in my QX50 were not hard but very supportive and cushioned my butt from all angles
The seats in my GX470 are hard too , it's a Lexus thing
Old 06-30-17, 11:08 PM
dchar
Lexus Champion

Received 225 Likes on 179 Posts

Originally Posted by Luap
I have a hard time accepting this , the seats in my QX50 were not hard but very supportive and cushioned my butt from all angles
The seats in my GX470 are hard too , it's a Lexus thing
Why? Just one car compared to many others doesn't make this trend only a Lexus thing. You obviously have not sat in some Mercedes, BMW, Audi, Porsche, or Jaguar recently; they have very firm seats.
Old 07-01-17, 11:49 AM
Luap
Pit Crew

Received 13 Likes on 12 Posts

Originally Posted by dchar
Why? Just one car compared to many others doesn't make this trend only a Lexus thing. You obviously have not sat in some Mercedes, BMW, Audi, Porsche, or Jaguar recently; they have very firm seats.
I have driven all those plus more , minus the Jag and the worst of the bunch was the X3 , did not like the leather , if I remember right , the leather was really tough and thick , not soft and pliable .
The RX and the BMW were the only 2 that stood out as uncomfortable
Old 10-25-17, 08:10 AM
sbrodsly
Driver School Candidate

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Uncomfortable 2017 Lexus RX 350 seats

I just bought this car 3 days ago and discovered that neither the driver nor the passenger seats have enough "lift" to raise the front part of the seats. I find my legs are sloping down which makes it for a very uncomfortable ride. As a result these seats caused my back to go out. Does anyone have any suggestions as to what I can do?
Old 10-25-17, 08:21 AM
FastFord
Racer

Received 345 Likes on 261 Posts

I guess you are using the correct buttons to adjust the seats. I find I can't move front edge of the seat all the way up or my legs get stuck under the steering wheel. I would suggest playing with the buttons again as it does go pretty high If your legs are sloping down the seat is not adjusted properly ....or it's broken.
Old 10-25-17, 08:23 AM
ggebhardt
Pole Position

These are things you hopefully discover during a test drive.

Are you tall or long legged?

Comfortable for me is to have the front of the seat maybe a 1/2" up from it's lowest point. It will go up inches but would cut off my circulation. Best I can recommend is to play with the seat settings to get as comfortable as possible.
The following users liked this post:
mikemu30 (10-25-17)
Old 10-25-17, 08:51 AM
guxu
Pole Position

Received 32 Likes on 27 Posts

I actually leave my front seat at its lowest point since I do not want my leg touch the steering wheel while braking.
Old 10-25-17, 10:36 AM
tdjacw
Pole Position

Received 52 Likes on 37 Posts

That was one of the reasons I went with the Lexus. I find the seats very comfortable with no pressure points on my back. No issues here. I guess its hard to accommodate everyone's body type.
Old 10-25-17, 10:38 AM
mikemu30
Lexus Test Driver

Received 2,505 Likes on 1,790 Posts

I would think seats that adjust 39,000 different ways would be comfortable for anyone. Test drives are important before sealing the deal.
Old 10-25-17, 10:45 AM
jugdish
Intermediate

Received 37 Likes on 31 Posts

Fact... the seats in the RX suck. Lexus tried to go the masculine route and make the front seats stiffer like Audi so they seem sportier. They are, by far the most uncomfortable seats of any car I've owned. My BMW X5 with the multi-contour seats are amazing and put the RX's to shame. I even have the upgraded leather with the thigh extension and they are still hard as a rock and don't provide enough upward thigh support. It's a shame when u get an NX as a loaner and those seats are nicer to sit in than the RX.
Old 10-25-17, 11:55 AM
mikemu30
Lexus Test Driver

Received 2,505 Likes on 1,790 Posts

Originally Posted by jugdish
Fact... the seats in the RX suck. Lexus tried to go the masculine route and make the front seats stiffer like Audi so they seem sportier. They are, by far the most uncomfortable seats of any car I've owned. My BMW X5 with the multi-contour seats are amazing and put the RX's to shame. I even have the upgraded leather with the thigh extension and they are still hard as a rock and don't provide enough upward thigh support. It's a shame when u get an NX as a loaner and those seats are nicer to sit in than the RX.
I test drove the NX and had the exact opposite opinion. That's what makes the world go around. You should have purchased another X5 perhaps.
The following users liked this post:
ggebhardt (10-25-17)
Old 10-25-17, 12:01 PM
ggebhardt
Pole Position

Originally Posted by mikemu30
I would think seats that adjust 39,000 different ways would be comfortable for anyone. Test drives are important before sealing the deal.
My RX seats are some of the best I have had. I prefer them be somewhat firm or (masculine) and it would be hard to have more adjustment than they have now.

But like everything, Lexus can not make everyone's butt comfortable and some will not like.
Old 10-25-17, 11:58 PM
LordBowral
Pole Position

Received 20 Likes on 19 Posts

Originally Posted by ggebhardt
I find the RX Luxury Sears to be very comfortable. No complaints.
My Sports Luxury 18 way,are the most comfortable seats I've ever owned including all previous Lexus . I find my friends X5 seats incredibly hard and unsupportive

Quick Reply: RX350 seat comfort