RX - 4th Gen (2016-2022) Discussion topics related to the 2016 and up RX350 and RX450h models

RX350 seat comfort

Search this Thread

Old 09-12-16, 07:52 PM
chiefguy
Rookie

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default RX350 seat comfort

I have the RX with the lux package, semi aniline seats and the thigh extender but I have to say the seats are uncomfortable and have limited adjustments. I previously had a GS with the 18 way power seats and they were amazing. Why doesn't Lexus offer those on the RX? BMW X5 owners can get the 20'way multi contour seats as an option. Disappointed also with the engine noise.

Old 09-12-16, 09:01 PM
a56kuser
Driver School Candidate

Received 19 Likes on 7 Posts

Ive read in some threads that youll need to break it in.....
I recently test drove the follow vehicles NX200t base, nx200t fsport, rx350 base, rx350 fsport, rx350 luxury package(yours)
I can tell you imo the rx350 luxury package fit me the best as far as comfort goes..... however i got a demo model with 1000 miles already on it so I cant speak personally regarding the break in.
Old 09-13-16, 01:55 AM
ggebhardt
Pole Position

Received 502 Likes on 380 Posts

I find the RX Luxury seats to be very comfortable. No complaints.

Last edited by ggebhardt; 10-26-17 at 01:51 AM.
Old 09-13-16, 05:35 AM
bootman
Intermediate

Received 30 Likes on 24 Posts

Same here.
Maybe the RX is just not for you.
No vehicle is for everyone regardless of what marketing wants you to believe.
Old 09-13-16, 09:36 AM
MDames2
Lead Lap

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Seat comfort in an automobile is VERY subjective. There is no such thing as a seat that is comfortable for everyone. I find the seats to be very comfortable, FOR ME
Old 11-09-16, 08:06 PM
Jtjigs
Driver School Candidate

Unhappy Seat comfort help

Hello members, I need some advice.

I picked up my brand new 2016 RX 350 1 week ago. I couldn't have been more ecstatic as I've been wanting a Lexus for a number of years and now I finally had one.

After driving the car for a few days I noticed the I cannot get comfortable at all. I feel like the front of the seat is hitting me in exactly the wrong place and causing my leg to go numb! It feels like the front of the seat is up too high versus my buttocks and it hits a nerve about 2-3" above my the back of my knee. I am 5'4" 200 pounds.

I have tried all different seat settings up and down forward and back etc... I am very seriously considering returning the car

I picked up an NX to borrow from the dealer today and this seat seems much more comfortable, but I think overall the RX is a better vehicle.

Has anyone else had this problem and solved it?
Old 11-09-16, 09:23 PM
s2000zr
Driver

Received 5 Likes on 4 Posts

Do you have a f-Sport rx350? I tried those out and didn't like them.
Old 11-10-16, 04:16 AM
ggebhardt
Pole Position

Received 502 Likes on 380 Posts

Originally Posted by Jtjigs
Hello members, I need some advice.

I picked up my brand new 2016 RX 350 1 week ago. I couldn't have been more ecstatic as I've been wanting a Lexus for a number of years and now I finally had one.

After driving the car for a few days I noticed the I cannot get comfortable at all. I feel like the front of the seat is hitting me in exactly the wrong place and causing my leg to go numb! It feels like the front of the seat is up too high versus my buttocks and it hits a nerve about 2-3" above my the back of my knee. I am 5'4" 200 pounds.

I have tried all different seat settings up and down forward and back etc... I am very seriously considering returning the car

I picked up an NX to borrow from the dealer today and this seat seems much more comfortable, but I think overall the RX is a better vehicle.

Has anyone else had this problem and solved it?
Some times a vehicle is just not for you. Seating and if it is comfortable is a personal thing, only judge by each individual. Could be no matter how you adjust, it will still not fit you well. I find our 2016 Luxury to be more the comfortable but that is just me
Old 04-13-17, 06:25 AM
Gibster
Driver

Received 5 Likes on 4 Posts

Loved the seats my '05 RX and even more on the '16 RX.

Try the Honda CRV if you want to sample what uncomfortable seats feel like. Of course there is a reason the CRV is $20k less than the RX.
Old 04-13-17, 08:18 AM
PeeVee
Advanced

Received 86 Likes on 73 Posts

I have the luxuary package (non F-Sport) and I find very confortable!

I love making long haul trips with it! In my last summer vacation trip (Montreal, Quebec, Canada to Atlantic City, New Jersay, USA) it was a breaze! Before I was getting of my car with a soar back.

I didn't like the F-sport seats. Constant pressure on each side of my legs, it's anoying. Drove a few as couratsy cars. Maybe for an IS, but not for a RX.
Old 06-29-17, 12:58 PM
barbaralb
Driver School Candidate

Default 2017 RX 350 Driver seat comfort

I am looking to replace my 2006 RX 330 with a 2017 RX 350 but I am very concerned with the comfort of the driver's seat. The driver's seat in the 2017 RX 350 I drove was very hard (almost like siting on a bench). Are there differences in the cushion/design of the driver's seat in the different packages for the RX 350? This is a deal breaker for me as I am in the car for over 3 hours a day.
Old 06-29-17, 01:14 PM
FastFord
Racer

Received 345 Likes on 261 Posts

Like all new cars the seats tend to be a bit stiff for the first few months.

I would think that your seats in the 330 are well formed to you, and you are very used to sitting in it for extended periods. I would think that the new seats would feel very firm. I didn't notice too much difference when I went from a 350 to another 350.

I am guessing that you did not sit in the F sport seats as you would have really noticed a difference. There are slightly different seats from a standard seat to the premium seats. Leather is different and so are the adjustments.

I am guessing that all new seats will feel more firm but that should get better in time.

Good luck on your search.
Old 06-29-17, 10:00 PM
lexnewbi
Intermediate

Received 125 Likes on 89 Posts

Originally Posted by barbaralb
I am looking to replace my 2006 RX 330 with a 2017 RX 350 but I am very concerned with the comfort of the driver's seat. The driver's seat in the 2017 RX 350 I drove was very hard (almost like siting on a bench). Are there differences in the cushion/design of the driver's seat in the different packages for the RX 350? This is a deal breaker for me as I am in the car for over 3 hours a day.
For the past 8 months, I have driven my RX with luxury package in traffic for a couple of hours and not really felt uncomfortable. But had a couple of 8 hour road trips in the past month. After driving for 3 hours, I felt pain radiating my left leg. I did feel like I was seating on a bench for three hours. Had to take breaks every three hours and walk for a while. I have done this trip many times in the past with other cars and not had issue. I tried adjusting the seat in many different ways, but it always felt like the seat was pinching a nerve along my left leg.

I did Not really felt felt uncomfortable on rides under 1 hour. However rides over two hours was another issue.
Old 06-30-17, 06:03 AM
jugdish
Intermediate

Received 37 Likes on 31 Posts

I COMPLETELY agree! I've got the luxury package with the semi-analine leather and the seat is as hard as a rock! This is my only gripe with my NX, and so far I've tried a gel seat pad, and a product called sheep skin seat vest sold by GG Bailey. Didn't care for how either felt. I've used leather nova to try and soften the leather. Hopefully over time they will give a bit. I thought the F Sport seats were more comfortable, but, again, they too were quite hard, and there was a seam on the bottom seat that ran horizontally across my **** that i could feel all the time. Strangely, the seat in my previous NX was very comfortable.... I'm actually considering bringing the RX to an upholstery shop to change the padding firmness on the bottom seat. Did that before with a previous vehicle. Cost was around $250.

Last edited by jugdish; 06-30-17 at 06:06 AM.
Old 06-30-17, 07:10 AM
Luap
Pit Crew

Received 13 Likes on 12 Posts

Yup , they are hard , the one thing that took away from my driving test experience with the Rx , the one thing that may turn me way from the Rx , the bench type seat

Quick Reply: RX350 seat comfort