RX - 4th Gen (2016-2022) Discussion topics related to the 2016 and up RX350 and RX450h models

2017 RX Best Prices So Far?

Search this Thread

Old 05-19-17 | 06:00 AM
guxu
Pole Position

Originally Posted by farout03
Trust me I do not feel bad. what would you have paid as I do not live in CA and did not find this forum until now?. KBB has the 2017 RX350 range between $48,500 and $52,800 for the miles and options that are on my car below for what I was looking for I found this car and am glad I did. Some other dealers in my area did not even have a dealer demo listed for sale in which I was looking for in a spec color and options. I really did not have the time after going to 3 dealers and not finding the car that I wanted. plus the car I had just broken down and I needed something fast. After looking at the Merc GLC300, Audi Q5 and or Q7 and then BMW X1 and X3 ..IMHO I think I did well and love this car its a big upgrade for me going from a Honda Accord!. I really do not care what others think if I did not get the DEAL of a life time..I paid with cash NO LEASE and am happy with it since I am not paying any interest over $3,000 as well with any bank. plan on keeping this care for at least 10 years..

https://www.kbb.com/lexus/rx/2017/rx...ail&swop=false
Congratulations on your new car! I also checked GLC before I bought my RX. But at that time the GLC was so hot that our local dealer could not even keep the inventory. I too got a good, just not great, deal on my RX. But I will not sweat the extra $500 or $1,000. I paid cash too.

Last edited by guxu; 05-20-17 at 10:35 PM.
Old 05-19-17 | 11:04 AM
Riles
Driver School Candidate

I leased two 2017 RX450h's this week. My wife's car was in dire need of replacement due to reliability issues, and my car needed to be replaced before winter as I had an ES300h and will need AWD due to a relocation to a steep snowy area. I got what I thought was a good deal on the first one, then went to another dealer a few days later to think about picking up an NX for myself and they gave me an even better deal on another RX450h.

Short version- 10% off MSRP on one RX450h, 11% off MSRP on the other.

Here are the stats:
RX450h #1 (wife's car)- $56,3xx MSRP, single pay lease of $18,350 for 36 months/10k miles per year. This deal involved a trade that was about $2k too little (they gave me 11k, I probably could have got 13k for it if I shopped around), but I was really happy with the overall deal. I gave them the keys to my trade + a check for $7,350 and drove off with a brand new RX. All in, this means I got around a 10% discount from MSRP.

RX450h #2 (my car) - $56,3xx MSRP, single pay lease of $17,500 for 36 months/7.5k miles per year. This is a smoking deal as there was no trade. I live in NY so that figure includes ~2,250 in taxes, acq fee, dmv fee, plate fees, etc, so I'm effectively leasing the car for about $15,250. . I will go under my miles due to a short commute but my wife will likely go over on hers, so an added perk is that we can trade cars occasionally to spread the miles between both. All in, this works out to around 11% off.

Deal #1 was obtained from Ray Catena in White Plains, Deal #2 was Mt. Kisco Lexus. I'll note that Mt. Kisco Lexus led off with a deal that was close to where we ended up, but Ray Catena required a prolonged negotiation battle, so in three years when I need to get new cars I plan to return to Mt. Kisco. In hindsight, obviously this means that I could have gotten a better deal on #1 if I worked harder, but I went in there expecting to pay $7k based on my research and got them to $7,350 so I considered it a win. I wasn't expecting deal #2- I wanted an NX but the total lease was only a little cheaper than the RX so it was an easy decision to bump up to the RX.
Old 05-21-17 | 02:47 PM
rdfish1
Driver

Anyone know whether there are any may specials or perhaps upcoming memorial weekend sales that would provide for an opportunity to hit the 14-15 percent off threshold? I drove the 17 today, price with premium pkg was 50,664. After 14 percent, it would be 43500, a price that would make me buy new vs a 2015 cpo at 34. I may be dreaming, may be too hard to get that low but seems some do.
Old 05-22-17 | 06:28 AM
rbclt
Rookie

Originally Posted by rdfish1
Anyone know whether there are any may specials or perhaps upcoming memorial weekend sales that would provide for an opportunity to hit the 14-15 percent off threshold? I drove the 17 today, price with premium pkg was 50,664. After 14 percent, it would be 43500, a price that would make me buy new vs a 2015 cpo at 34. I may be dreaming, may be too hard to get that low but seems some do.
$7000 off MSRP is within the range.. negotiate with couple of different dealers.
Old 05-22-17 | 11:09 PM
yardbird88
Driver

In so cal. I got $6850 off back in 4/1/2017. However, when I was shopping (by 2 emails) for my friends 2 weeks ago, Newport Lexus was willing to give at least $7500 off and I hadn't even try harder. So the market is on the buyer's side in 2017 due to car sales down some 20% compared to 2016.
Old 05-23-17 | 03:44 AM
rdfish1
Driver

Would be inter step in tips on how to get a dealer,to respond with such large discounts online when u haven't even gone to the dealership. Figured these prices at 14-15 percent would take painful in person visits to secure if at all. Local dealer suggests unlikely they will come close in Florida bc inventory moves
Old 05-23-17 | 06:22 AM
lesz
Lead Lap

Would be inter step in tips on how to get a dealer,to respond with such large discounts online when u haven't even gone to the dealership. Figured these prices at 14-15 percent would take painful in person visits to secure if at all. Local dealer suggests unlikely they will come close in Florida bc inventory moves
When I bought my 2017 ES last November, it was the first time, for me, to buy a car without having stepped into a dealership a single time through the process, and I doubt that I will ever make a car purchase any other way in the future.

I started by selecting the 8 or so Lexus dealers that are within about 150 miles of me. I sent the same email to the internet sales departments of each of those dealers. In the email, I explained what car, options, etc. I was looking for, and I stated up front that I was sending that email to all of those dealers and that I was going to be buying from one of them in a 7-10 day time period.

When the dealers got back to me with pricing offers, I picked the lowest one and let the other dealers know what that lowest offer was. A couple of the dealers dropped out, but several sent me new offers with prices that beat what had been the previous low price. I found that the various internet sales departments were very interested in competing for my business, and, after repeating the same process a couple of times, I was quickly able to get a feel for where the bottom of the market was. In the end, I was getting offers for the brand new 2017 ES that were a bit lower than the prices that some were paying for low mileage used 2016 CPO ES.

What surprised me further was that the dealers were even willing to make offers on my trade in that were higher than KBB and Edmunds numbers for cars in excellent condition, and those trade in offers were only contingent upon my trade in car actually being in the condition that I had described to them in emails or over the phone.

It should be noted, though, that the numbers that people are stating in threads like this one can be misleading because they only show a part of the complete picture. Car dealers make their profits in a variety of ways, and the pricing of the car related to MSRP is only one of those possible sources of profit. The dealers realize that many customers focus entirely too much on the price of the car related to MSRP, and, thus, they are happy to give what appears to be a huge discount from MSRP and, instead, to make their profit from a variety of other sources, including undervaluing the trade-in, financing, lease terms favorable to the dealership, dealer installed options, high mark-up extended warranties, service plans, paint protection plans, etc. The result is that a car buyer who gets a $4000 discount on a vehicle without giving the dealership the opportunity to add to its profits in other areas could well be getting a significantly better deal than the car buyer who gets a $7000 discount from MSRP but who lets the dealer make several thousands of dollars of profits in those other areas. Whenever a car buyer focuses primarily on only the discount from MSRP, he/she is doing the dealer a big favor by opening the door for the dealer to make profits in ways other than the discount from MSRP.
The following users liked this post:
Ibmimi (05-23-17)
Old 05-23-17 | 12:30 PM
rdfish1
Driver

Default Quotes online

Originally Posted by lesz
When I bought my 2017 ES last November, it was the first time, for me, to buy a car without having stepped into a dealership a single time through the process, and I doubt that I will ever make a car purchase any other way in the future.

I started by selecting the 8 or so Lexus dealers that are within about 150 miles of me. I sent the same email to the internet sales departments of each of those dealers. In the email, I explained what car, options, etc. I was looking for, and I stated up front that I was sending that email to all of those dealers and that I was going to be buying from one of them in a 7-10 day time period.

When the dealers got back to me with pricing offers, I picked the lowest one and let the other dealers know what that lowest offer was. A couple of the dealers dropped out, but several sent me new offers with prices that beat what had been the previous low price. I found that the various internet sales departments were very interested in competing for my business, and, after repeating the same process a couple of times, I was quickly able to get a feel for where the bottom of the market was. In the end, I was getting offers for the brand new 2017 ES that were a bit lower than the prices that some were paying for low mileage used 2016 CPO ES.

What surprised me further was that the dealers were even willing to make offers on my trade in that were higher than KBB and Edmunds numbers for cars in excellent condition, and those trade in offers were only contingent upon my trade in car actually being in the condition that I had described to them in emails or over the phone.

It should be noted, though, that the numbers that people are stating in threads like this one can be misleading because they only show a part of the complete picture. Car dealers make their profits in a variety of ways, and the pricing of the car related to MSRP is only one of those possible sources of profit. The dealers realize that many customers focus entirely too much on the price of the car related to MSRP, and, thus, they are happy to give what appears to be a huge discount from MSRP and, instead, to make their profit from a variety of other sources, including undervaluing the trade-in, financing, lease terms favorable to the dealership, dealer installed options, high mark-up extended warranties, service plans, paint protection plans, etc. The result is that a car buyer who gets a $4000 discount on a vehicle without giving the dealership the opportunity to add to its profits in other areas could well be getting a significantly better deal than the car buyer who gets a $7000 discount from MSRP but who lets the dealer make several thousands of dollars of profits in those other areas. Whenever a car buyer focuses primarily on only the discount from MSRP, he/she is doing the dealer a big favor by opening the door for the dealer to make profits in ways other than the discount from MSRP.
Good tips, thx. Would be interested to know what kind of discounts you got. I emailed three dealers w a 14 percent discount request, none of them responded one way or another
Old 05-23-17 | 03:06 PM
jugdish
Intermediate

I gotta say, I'm floored by some of these deals. I'm in Wisconsin & only 2 Chicago dealers would communicate by email. All others said they won't make an offer unless it's face to face. Best I've been able to come up with is 8% off - around $4800 discount. One dealer said they don't have to discount much as models are selling before they are even arrive at the dealer. I should add that I'm shopping for Luxury Package with Levinson Audio. They seem to be hard to come by up here....
Old 05-23-17 | 03:51 PM
rdfish1
Driver

Default 14 percent no around here

Originally Posted by jugdish
I gotta say, I'm floored by some of these deals. I'm in Wisconsin & only 2 Chicago dealers would communicate by email. All others said they won't make an offer unless it's face to face. Best I've been able to come up with is 8% off - around $4800 discount. One dealer said they don't have to discount much as models are selling before they are even arrive at the dealer. I should add that I'm shopping for Luxury Package with Levinson Audio. They seem to be hard to come by up here....
contacted 4 dealers in total. Not only did they not do the 14, none of them even countered or responded in any way so those prices aren't likely in Florida.
Old 05-23-17 | 04:11 PM
rbclt
Rookie

contacted 4 dealers in total. Not only did they not do the 14, none of them even countered or responded in any way so those prices aren't likely in Florida.
Try dealers in Atlanta...got mine from Nalley.
Old 05-23-17 | 05:21 PM
lesz
Lead Lap

Good tips, thx. Would be interested to know what kind of discounts you got. I emailed three dealers w a 14 percent discount request, none of them responded one way or another
I wouldn't start by asking for 14% ( or other price) off of MSRP. If the dealers suspect that you are going to be looking for a deep discount, they are more likely not to bother to respond. If, instead, you just ask them for their best price without stating a target price, that is how you can get multiple dealers involved, and, once that happens and they start competing with each other, you will reach a point where the investment of time that they have made makes them want to do everything that they can to get your business.
Old 05-23-17 | 10:25 PM
DMVRX350F
Driver School Candidate

I know August and December are the best times to buy, but does anyone know, typically, what kind of incentives are offered in June and July? I'm looking to finance a 2017 RX 350 F Sport and I'm currently on the fence with May's offer—2.9% APR with $1,000 finance cash incentive. Wondering if June or July will be any better or worse. I doubt I'll be able to wait until August. Any thoughts would be greatly appreciated. Thanks in advance.
Old 05-24-17 | 05:44 AM
dachipman
Driver School Candidate

Originally Posted by lesz
I wouldn't start by asking for 14% ( or other price) off of MSRP. If the dealers suspect that you are going to be looking for a deep discount, they are more likely not to bother to respond. If, instead, you just ask them for their best price without stating a target price, that is how you can get multiple dealers involved, and, once that happens and they start competing with each other, you will reach a point where the investment of time that they have made makes them want to do everything that they can to get your business.
I agree you shouldn''t demand 14%. The dealers will probably just ignore you. Rather than that ask for the best price as said before. Be specific in what options you want but also make sure they have those options in stock. By being specific, they know that you are close to buying a vehicle. You can also try third party sites like true car (downside is you have to provide a phone number). They may or may not respond with a specific offer via email thru truecar. Also, keep in mind that location matters if there are more dealers in the area they are more likely to cater to you.
Old 05-24-17 | 06:41 AM
Ibmimi
Driver School Candidate

Default Hennessy Lexus ATL Question

Has anyone been successful in using an Internet Salesperson @Hennessy and if so, which one? I want a White/Parchment RX 350 ... but at a good price. Charlotte market is extremely hard to negotiate with.

Quick Reply: 2017 RX Best Prices So Far?