RX - 4th Gen (2016-2022) Discussion topics related to the 2016 and up RX350 and RX450h models

2017 RX Best Prices So Far?

Search this Thread

Old 05-28-17, 11:25 AM
tjb117
Driver School Candidate

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by Tp577
tjb,

I filled out the same thing yesterday and never rec'd an email either. It seemed the current promotion might be based around a drawing for the US Open Golf event in a couple weeks (package that included tickets & access to tents). Lexus is a big sponsor and wondering if currently that's the perk instead of $1,000 off. I like golf, also live 45 minutes away from the 2017 US Open venue and would MUCH rather have $1,000 off my potential new auto.
that makes sense and appreciate your input. I never saw anything on the site mentioning the $1000, so figured I missed the promo.

Like you, I'd much rather have the $1000. Oh well.
Old 05-30-17, 06:59 AM
Riles
Driver School Candidate

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Originally Posted by Tp577
There is a 2017 F sport at a local dealership that I liked - it is used with 9,900 miles already. Has all the extras (upgraded speakers, aftermarket roof rack, winter floor mats). Dark blue with light interior.

List price is $52,000 and when we were there (1st time) they said they could take $500 off. If feel that's much too high, given what I'm seeing people are paying in this thread (see this post). Any thoughts on how much off 9,900 miles should give? They are touting the CPO warranty and how it is about 1 1/2 years longer than a new car but frankly I don't see as much value as isn't that why we'd be looking at the Lexus/Toyota family? Because stuff isn't as likely to break in 4-5 years of owning with proper maintenance?

It's easier to hone in new pricing but used less so but I shouldn't have to pay as much for a vehicle with 9,900 miles as one with 300 and never been titled. I'd like to come back with a price I'd be more willing to pay (which worked great with previous new car purchase). Since there aren't a ton of these units out there sources like Autotrader, etc make the pricing task a bit more difficult.
I never liked the idea of paying more for a used car than for a new car. 9,900 miles is a lot of miles too- it's a full year of service as a daily driver, unlike some demo cars that have ~1k or 2k miles on them. The CPO warranty isn't really worth anything on a Lexus- these cars are so well made that if it didn't break before the initial warranty period ended, it's very unlikely that you'll have a problem in the next 1.5 years.

If I were in your shoes I would just ignore that car- they're probably going to end up selling it to someone who is converting from a German car who is afraid to have anything out of warranty and will overpay for the privilege.
Old 05-30-17, 01:33 PM
jugdish
Intermediate

Received 37 Likes on 31 Posts

After some back and forth... Was able to land Luxury RX MSRP $60,880 for $55,820. Discount of $5060 or 8.3%. Most dealers in the Chicago area wouldn't even respond to emails. One was so arrogant he told me that these are selling faster then they are coming in... He didn't like my retort of "why, then, are there over 100 on your lot?"
The following users liked this post:
Malu59RT (05-31-17)
Old 05-31-17, 10:23 AM
rdfish1
Driver

Received 8 Likes on 7 Posts
Default Financing rebate

this subject has been very murky. Lots of talk about 7500$ and 90 days to qualify for the $1000 rebate. While I have addressed this with the dealer on several occasions I was never able to get a clear answer. Today, as part of the closing, I was told $10,000 and 120 days is the requirement for a new vehicle where as a used vehicle is 7500 and 90 days. I'm not sure if I'm being given factual information or not but this is where it seems to have landed at the closing table. I suppose for most people it doesn't matter cause you easily exceed that dollar amount hand term in Ordinary financing but I was trying to hit the minimums. Does anyone have reason to believe this information is not accurate?
Old 05-31-17, 10:30 AM
FastFord
Racer

Received 345 Likes on 261 Posts

I think you asked a similar question earlier. The financing is with Lexus/Toyota, NOT the dealer. I would not trust any dealer to give me the facts on financing with another institution. Lexus Finance has nothing to do with a Lexus dealer. You need to call Lexus USA Financing to get the details on the obligation with them.

Save yourself some time and frustration and give them a quick call. I have found Lexus/Toyota financing very easy to deal with and they will provide anything you need in writing...not some speculated water-down answer from a finance person at the dealership. Can you tell I have no use for the financing people at dealers! Once lied to, never again!
Customer Service in the Continental U.S.: (800) 874-7050
Old 05-31-17, 10:34 AM
rdfish1
Driver

Unfortunately, I called Lexus financial and spoke to 3 different people and in the end they said I hadd to work with the dealer to get this information. The dealer would submit applic and process and the info would be provided re the rebate and payoff terms. Complete waste of time.
Old 05-31-17, 10:36 AM
FastFord
Racer

Wow that's crazy! You would think that they would want to make it clear to you...Maybe once a few payments have been made you can check with them. They probably don't even have your file submitted and in the systems yet. Maybe the dealer gives the rebate out of their margin? Give them a shout after a payment....Hey, you must be in your new ride!! It's past noon.
Old 05-31-17, 12:18 PM
rdfish1
Driver

Originally Posted by FastFord
Wow that's crazy! You would think that they would want to make it clear to you...Maybe once a few payments have been made you can check with them. They probably don't even have your file submitted and in the systems yet. Maybe the dealer gives the rebate out of their margin? Give them a shout after a payment....Hey, you must be in your new ride!! It's past noon.
Yes, and very frustrating. I've worked harder than one should to figure this out and I'm still not 100% that I was given good info. The finance mgr who tries to sell everything under the sun, acted totally surprised when she was asked what the min amount and term was. Seemed like that question hadn't been asked but part may be due to the rebate typically applying to leases not traditional financing. Anyway, she said 10k and 120 days so that's what I did. The rate was 2.9%. I don't know if it is a good rate or not but an entire year would only be $290 of interest and I will pay it off in 120 so it cost $100 to get a $1000 rebate.

I expected ted more from LFS when I called them this morning. It was not a smooth process. Agree on idea of calling them once I have an official account.
Old 05-31-17, 12:29 PM
FastFord
Racer

Well put the finance stuff behind you for awhile and go out and enjoy the ride! Congrats!
Old 05-31-17, 02:58 PM
rdfish1
Driver

Originally Posted by FastFord
Well put the finance stuff behind you for awhile and go out and enjoy the ride! Congrats!
lol, yeah, it's not even my car, it's the wife's and she's on her first trip. Picked it up and hit the road. She is in love with the car already. No surprise. .

I drive a Yukon Denali but look forward to some windshield time in the RX
Old 05-31-17, 06:03 PM
DMVRX350F
Driver School Candidate

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Originally Posted by rdfish1
lol, yeah, it's not even my car, it's the wife's and she's on her first trip. Picked it up and hit the road. She is in love with the car already. No surprise. .

I drive a Yukon Denali but look forward to some windshield time in the RX
Congrats on the new ride. What kind of RX did you end up getting?
Old 06-04-17, 08:31 AM
guan01
Rookie

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

2017 RX450h MSRP $58500 (Luxury package plus few small packages)
paid $3000 under Invoice

ok deal
the car was manufactured April 11, 2017, and got it May 11. (paid carfax $25 to get this info, but dealer can give this report if you ask)
Now that is fresh off the parking lot.

Last edited by guan01; 06-04-17 at 07:25 PM.
Old 06-04-17, 07:12 PM
southlexus
Driver School Candidate

I was looking at a 2017 RX350 F sport with an MSRP of $57,608. This car was a courtesy car for a PGA golf tournament with 125 miles. The lowest price they will go to is 54,000 or 54,600(for a non PGA car) not including the $1,000 rebate. This is not including TTL. I have been told by both the sales manager and sales representative this is their best and final price. In fact, I was told by the sales rep that this price was the lowest he has ever seen it and that he wouldn't be able to put a meal on the table for his family because of it. After reading through this message board, I'm realizing that I could be getting a better price elsewhere. Any suggestions? I'm in the New Orleans area if that helps!
Old 06-04-17, 07:42 PM
guan01
Rookie

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

I corrected my error, it's now correct, $3000 under invoice NOT $3000 under MSRP.
About 10% under MSRP if you like to look at it this way. Which is about average base from what I read on this great Forum.

My opinion is never walking into a dealership without an agreed deal. It's much easier to negotiate over email.
Face to face negotiate is buyer's disadvantage.

I am in the CT state. If you can get a copy of someone's Lexus PO, and ask to price match, you will have greater success.
(if you need, I can send you one)
Especially if the car has 150 miles on it, my opinion is 12-15% under MSRP.

My first dealer trying to pass me a car that has 140 miles on it, and I passed, took to PO to another dealer and price match it.
$58500 MSRP car, got out the door price for $56500
Old 06-04-17, 08:01 PM
dachipman
Driver School Candidate

Originally Posted by guan01
I corrected my error, it's now correct, $3000 under invoice NOT $3000 under MSRP.
About 10% under MSRP if you like to look at it this way. Which is about average base from what I read on this great Forum.

My opinion is never walking into a dealership without an agreed deal. It's much easier to negotiate over email.
Face to face negotiate is buyer's disadvantage.

I am in the CT state. If you can get a copy of someone's Lexus PO, and ask to price match, you will have greater success.
(if you need, I can send you one)
Especially if the car has 150 miles on it, my opinion is 12-15% under MSRP.

My first dealer trying to pass me a car that has 140 miles on it, and I passed, took to PO to another dealer and price match it.
$58500 MSRP car, got out the door price for $56500
That is the same experience for me as well. We had a written offer from a further out bigger city. Local dealer matched it. Better to gain a profit even though it might be smaller than normal than to completely lose a customer.

Quick Reply: 2017 RX Best Prices So Far?