RX - 4th Gen (2016-2022) Discussion topics related to the 2016 and up RX350 and RX450h models

2017 RX Best Prices So Far?

Search this Thread

Old 08-09-17, 11:00 PM
disneygirl
Driver School Candidate

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by LCTMadison
Hi All!

I am looking to buy my first Lexus, and I am set on the RX350.

The local dealer where I live is notoriously hard to deal with, so I don't think I'm going to get very far with them. However, I am expanding out into the Nashville, Birmingham, and Atlanta markets. I'm in North AL, so I'm willing to travel within a reasonable drive for the right deal.

So far, I have only inquired thru USAA to a Nashville dealer, and here is what he sent me...the inquiry was a generic one from USAA so I'm wondering how much more I can get by putting feelers out with other dealers and playing them against one another.

2017 RX350 Base (has hands free liftgate option)

MSRP: $44,614
Quote: $40,110 + tax title tag $399 dealer fee

I'm sending him a response for a final "out the door" price with all fees included.

On a base RX, do you think I could get a better deal? Any Southern dealers that might be more aggressive? I'm looking to get the BEST deal possible as this is already exceeding what I really wanted to spend on my next car, but I really like it.

if your willing to try Atlanta Justin balcer at nalley lexus Roswell, shoot him an email jbalcer@nalleycars.com tell him what your looking for color, packages etc and he will give you an upfront price for me and most people it's about 13% off msrp!!
Old 08-10-17, 11:00 AM
UNC1334
Driver

Received 12 Likes on 8 Posts

Originally Posted by rcworks
I just put a deposit on an RX350 Satin Cashmere with Noble brown interior with premium package + navigation, 20" wheels, blind spot monitor, intuitive parking assist, rear cross traffic alert, automatic breaking, heated/ventilated seats, moonroof, navigation system, towing prep package.
MSRP $52, 924
discount $8000
taxable fees $98
non taxable fees $46
Dealer fees $599
tax $2,877.26
OTD $48,544.26
15.1% off MSRP

I was working with Justin Balcer of Nalley Lexus. No haggling, he was upfront with the discount.
contact email jbalcer@nalleycars.com

he doesnt have the car right now but he is expecting it in the next 5 days. Deposit was $500.
We got the color we wanted.
Will keep you posted once i pick up the car.

i live in florida and the car is atlanta.

I can second working with Justin - he got me to a hell of a selling price, but I still am a ways out on my lease and the negative equity is killing my deal at the moment. Give him a call, great to work with.
Old 08-11-17, 10:53 AM
CharSiuBao
Driver School Candidate

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

New user here, I just pulled the trigger on a fully-loaded 2017 RX 450h F-Sport.

(All amounts in CAD)
MSRP $77,540
Discount -$5,062
Freight $2,145
Accessories MSRP $4,551 (running boards, starter, trunk liner, theft tracking, full-front clear bra)
Accessories discount -$2,101
ECP $4,739 (96/160K)
Dealer fees $310
Factory rebate -$2000

Net cap cost before tax $80,122

Originally I was going to put $10K down and finance the rest, but leasing (and keeping the car) made more sense due to the ability to buy down the interest rate with a security deposit.

I'm putting it on a 39-month lease at 0.4% ($10K security deposit). Monthly payments will be ~$1,148 with a residual of $36,190 (everything before tax).

Last edited by CharSiuBao; 08-11-17 at 11:02 AM.
Old 08-11-17, 12:18 PM
Coach1973
Driver School Candidate

Originally Posted by UNC1334
I can second working with Justin - he got me to a hell of a selling price, but I still am a ways out on my lease and the negative equity is killing my deal at the moment. Give him a call, great to work with.
Tried multiple times to get a quote on the exact vehicle I was looking for. He kept telling me it was in the sales managers hands. Live to far away to mess around with that dealership.
Old 08-11-17, 06:00 PM
Coach1973
Driver School Candidate

Originally Posted by Coach1973
Tried multiple times to get a quote on the exact vehicle I was looking for. He kept telling me it was in the sales managers hands. Live to far away to mess around with that dealership.

Have a deal on an RX350. Dealer said they screwed up but would honor the deal. They basically discounted the car:

$52308 - disc $3358
7 MSD's - $3150
*** by mistake added the same $3150 back into the discount (total $6508).

Payment ended up up to be $450 mo/ 1st payment down

Incentives: $3000

I have seen others getting such % discounts. Not sure the deal, but I'm going to take it.
Old 08-11-17, 08:32 PM
LCTMadison
Driver School Candidate

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

So...I got my first Lexus today and I'm really excited!

Took everyone's advice and contacted Justin. He was great to work with, really appreciated his approach.

Was able to get Hennesy to match Nalley's price, but I went with Justin because he was right out of the gate with a GREAT quote and I had to back and forth a lot with Hennessy.

I was also working with Lexus Nashville and the manager basically told me Nalley was lying to me to get me in the door and they could never do what they stated....but down to the dime, it was exactly what we were provided prior to going to ATL to get the car.

I would totally recommend Justin and Nalley Lexus Roswell...we had a great experience and are very happy with our new car!
Old 08-11-17, 08:38 PM
tax2017
Driver School Candidate

So...I got my first Lexus today and I'm really excited!

Took everyone's advice and contacted Justin. He was great to work with, really appreciated his approach.

Was able to get Hennesy to match Nalley's price, but I went with Justin because he was right out of the gate with a GREAT quote and I had to back and forth a lot with Hennessy.

I was also working with Lexus Nashville and the manager basically told me Nalley was lying to me to get me in the door and they could never do what they stated....but down to the dime, it was exactly what we were provided prior to going to ATL to get the car.

I would totally recommend Justin and Nalley Lexus Roswell...we had a great experience and are very happy with our new car!
Congratulations!!

Can you tell us about the car specs and the price?
Old 08-11-17, 08:43 PM
LCTMadison
Driver School Candidate

Originally Posted by tax2017
Congratulations!!

Can you tell us about the car specs and the price?
2017 RX350 Premium package with 20" wheels, sunroof, blind spot monitor, tow package and some other options I just can't remember right now. He got me right at 15% off MSRP and that beat what Lexus of Nashville offered me. MSRP was just over $50k, I was $45k out the door.

Hennessy matched Nalley's quotes, but Justin was upfront and direct from the beginning so that won our business. We would have definitely gone to Hennessy as a back up had anything gone array.

Funny thing is the local Lexus of HSV dealer just got a USED 2016 with Premium package and almost 20k miles and would not budge at all off of $45k for it. My new one was less that that.

I'm pretty happy right now
Old 08-11-17, 08:46 PM
tax2017
Driver School Candidate

Great buy!! Congrats and enjoy your car.
Old 08-12-17, 04:33 AM
Coach1973
Driver School Candidate

2017 RX350 Premium package with 20" wheels, sunroof, blind spot monitor, tow package and some other options I just can't remember right now. He got me right at 15% off MSRP and that beat what Lexus of Nashville offered me. MSRP was just over $50k, I was $45k out the door.

Hennessy matched Nalley's quotes, but Justin was upfront and direct from the beginning so that won our business. We would have definitely gone to Hennessy as a back up had anything gone array.

Funny thing is the local Lexus of HSV dealer just got a USED 2016 with Premium package and almost 20k miles and would not budge at all off of $45k for it. My new one was less that that.

I'm pretty happy right now
The 15% off MSRP included the lease cash of $1500 correct? $2000 on a lease. If it was straight 15% off of the MSRP, that's a great, great deal!. Guessing your deal was approximately $50,664 - $6500 discount - $1500 cash incentive ($8000 total deductions). 12.8% discount off of MSRP, and 15.8% total off price including cash incentives on a buy. Well done!

Last edited by Coach1973; 08-12-17 at 04:44 AM.
Old 08-12-17, 05:05 AM
LCTMadison
Driver School Candidate

Originally Posted by Coach1973
The 15% off MSRP included the lease cash of $1500 correct? $2000 on a lease. If it was straight 15% off of the MSRP, that's a great, great deal!. Guessing your deal was approximately $50,664 - $6500 discount - $1500 cash incentive ($8000 total deductions). 12.8% discount off of MSRP, and 15.8% total off price including cash incentives on a buy. Well done!
Not quite $8k, but I came in just right under 15%, I'm pretty happy with it.

While I am sure that the "we are losing money" line is probably a bit of bunk, I still feel like I got the car that I wanted for a price I was good with and SO MUCH BETTER than I could have done at our local Lexus dealer. Those guys must love sitting and looking out at their lot at their cars because when I did give them the chance to at least present me something competitive they told me I was being unrealistic and if I wanted to be in that price point they could get me there in a mid level NX...and they also sent me what has to be one of the worst lease deals I have ever seen (and I was not even interested in a lease). The sales manager at Lexus of Nashville did tell me that they had to be losing money on it, he couldn't figure out how they were doing it but admitted it was a much more competitive market even though there are choices in the Nashville area as well....just not as much as ATL.

I also did not take any of their financing incentives and basically negotiated as a cash buyer because 1. my bank offered me a rate that was extremely close to the Lexus incentive rate and 2. I pay my cars off very fast and the difference in my calculations was nominal.

I had told Hennessy if they would beat it....by ANY amount.....that would earn them my business and they told me they couldn't do anything better.

I also liked Justin's to the point approach....I negotiate daily in my career life but when it comes to my personal I really just like to get straight to the bottom line, buying a car tends to stress me out (which is why I don't do it much!).

Originally I was just looking at the base (my original intention was purchasing a preowned/certified late model with low mileage) but I feel I came out much better on the new, as I tend to keep my cars 10+ years if I am happy with it. I'm glad I got him to run me some numbers on the Premium because I realize that I REALLY love most of the extra features I got.

The base would have been about 15.5% off from his quote, around $36k. For a NEW Lexus? I think that's a great price to get someone in one.

Last edited by LCTMadison; 08-12-17 at 05:18 AM.
Old 08-12-17, 05:28 AM
Coach1973
Driver School Candidate

Not quite $8k, but I came in just right under 15%, I'm pretty happy with it.

While I am sure that the "we are losing money" line is probably a bit of bunk, I still feel like I got the car that I wanted for a price I was good with and SO MUCH BETTER than I could have done at our local Lexus dealer. Those guys must love sitting and looking out at their lot at their cars because when I did give them the chance to at least present me something competitive they told me I was being unrealistic and if I wanted to be in that price point they could get me there in a mid level NX...and they also sent me what has to be one of the worst lease deals I have ever seen (and I was not even interested in a lease). The sales manager at Lexus of Nashville did tell me that they had to be losing money on it, he couldn't figure out how they were doing it but admitted it was a much more competitive market even though there are choices in the Nashville area as well....just not as much as ATL.

I had told Hennessy if they would beat it....by ANY amount.....that would earn them my business and they told me they couldn't do anything better.

I also liked Justin's to the point approach....I negotiate daily in my career life but when it comes to my personal I really just like to get straight to the bottom line, buying a car tends to stress me out (which is why I don't do it much!).

Originally I was just looking at the base (my original intention was purchasing a preowned/certified late model with low mileage) but I feel I came out much better on the new, as I tend to keep my cars 10+ years if I am happy with it. I'm glad I got him to run me some numbers on the Premium because I realize that I REALLY love most of the extra features I got.

The base would have been about 15.5% off from his quote, around $36k. For a NEW Lexus? I think that's a great price to get someone in one.
I prefer leasing. I need AWD in Ohio. Looking at a non-nav with 20" wheels. MSRP of $52,308. Have a good lease deal on the table because the dealer screwed up, at least according to them. I agree that most dealers offer about $3000 off of sticker, plus the cash incentives. I would rather ride this thing out until the end of the month, but he only has one car in black/black without navigation. Lots of black navigation cars on his lot. Not going to pay an extra $30 a month when I can use my iPhone to find my way around town. You got a good deal. I didn't have much success with communicating with Justin. He has mostly FWD cars, and I am pretty sure he couldn't beat my deal enough to allow me financially to fly into Atlanta and drive the car home. I am the competitive "rainman" when buying/leasing cars, and I too hate the experience. Good luck with your new purchase.
Old 08-12-17, 11:06 AM
newe70
Rookie

Has anyone from SoCal getting a good deal on a non-FSport trim recently? I have just gotten a couple of quotes today. One with the MSRP of $55,874 and offered price included the incentives for $48,306 plus t&l. The second quote with the MSRP of $55,499 and offered price before incentives for $49.5.k plus t&l.

Last edited by newe70; 08-12-17 at 11:10 AM.
Old 08-12-17, 11:48 AM
ericsan13
Racer

Received 176 Likes on 124 Posts

Originally Posted by CharSiuBao
New user here, I just pulled the trigger on a fully-loaded 2017 RX 450h F-Sport.

(All amounts in CAD)
MSRP $77,540
Discount -$5,062
Freight $2,145
Accessories MSRP $4,551 (running boards, starter, trunk liner, theft tracking, full-front clear bra)
Accessories discount -$2,101
ECP $4,739 (96/160K)
Dealer fees $310
Factory rebate -$2000

Net cap cost before tax $80,122

Originally I was going to put $10K down and finance the rest, but leasing (and keeping the car) made more sense due to the ability to buy down the interest rate with a security deposit.

I'm putting it on a 39-month lease at 0.4% ($10K security deposit). Monthly payments will be ~$1,148 with a residual of $36,190 (everything before tax).
$62,549 USD before tax sounds similar to what I paid before tax. What is ECP? Extended Care Plan?
Old 08-13-17, 08:14 AM
rcworks
Driver School Candidate

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

picked up my new 2017 rx350 from nalley lexus in roswell, ga. Met Justin Balcer, cool guy.
as previously stated OTD was $48,544 upfront no hagling but i went and added $1598 -100,000 mile /12 year bumper2bumper warranty. Electronics, elecrical and computer on this thing scared me.
drove it home 500mi. lane assist is very cool, radar is cool, the car drove itself in the freeway, adjusting itself makiing slight turns without me doing anything.
radar adjusts car speed based on the car ahead of me. someone cut it me off and car break itself and adjusted, however my foot was right there ready.
impressive technology, coming from a guy who's been driving a pilot exl 2005 for 13 years. lol

Quick Reply: 2017 RX Best Prices So Far?