RX - 4th Gen (2016-2022) Discussion topics related to the 2016 and up RX350 and RX450h models

2017 RX Best Prices So Far?

Search this Thread

Old 10-10-17, 05:11 PM
JSracer
Instructor

Received 122 Likes on 103 Posts
Default Online sites for finding new vehicles? 17 450 loaded

Ugggggggggg, getting so frustrated looking for a vehicle. Local dealer isn't much help, and they want to sell theirs.
I am looking for a non F, loaded with hud and tripple beam 450, black interior, exterior flexible, atomic silver, caviar, blue, brown, white.
​​​​​
​​Having not much luck, and dealers i have contacted don't seem interested in helping to take my cash purchase. Getting tired of beating my head against the wall, feeling like it might not be meant to be.
Any help would be much appreciated
Thanks
Old 10-11-17, 11:38 AM
mikemu30
Lexus Test Driver

Received 2,542 Likes on 1,815 Posts

Originally Posted by JSracer
Ugggggggggg, getting so frustrated looking for a vehicle. Local dealer isn't much help, and they want to sell theirs.
I am looking for a non F, loaded with hud and tripple beam 450, black interior, exterior flexible, atomic silver, caviar, blue, brown, white.
​​​​​
​​Having not much luck, and dealers i have contacted don't seem interested in helping to take my cash purchase. Getting tired of beating my head against the wall, feeling like it might not be meant to be.
Any help would be much appreciated
Thanks
Search the web for the vehicle you want and then visit the dealer. They don't care cash or credit - same thing to them but if they don't have it in stock, you're a less desirable customer for them.
Old 10-11-17, 11:42 AM
JSracer
Instructor

Definitely felt less desirable since the very first visit, they didn't hide it at all looking at their stock. This has me concerned since I need to have a relationship with them, they are the only dealer in the state.
They have given me a good price on a loaded 350 and their 450s are missing those 2 options
Not sure what searching then going to see them will get me.??
Old 10-11-17, 11:56 AM
ericsan13
Racer

Received 176 Likes on 124 Posts

Definitely felt less desirable since the very first visit, they didn't hide it at all looking at their stock. This has me concerned since I need to have a relationship with them, they are the only dealer in the state.
They have given me a good price on a loaded 350 and their 450s are missing those 2 options
They are trying to keep your business in the state. Just go around them and other internet managers at other dealerships in competitive markets. You can get exactly what you want shipped to your door for less than what your local monopoly dealership will offer you.

You do not need to build a relationship with them. Doesn't matter where you bought it, you'll only be taking it in for service there which is a different department. If anything, buying from out of state lets them know you are not dumb. Spreading the word will force your dealer to be more competitive.
Old 10-11-17, 12:46 PM
mikemu30
Lexus Test Driver

You'll at least find the vehicle you want. If not, you may have to wait for the 18s or even special order one.
Old 10-11-17, 01:40 PM
fredw1
Intermediate

Received 18 Likes on 18 Posts

You can always take your car in for service at a Toyota dealer. Most will readily service a Lexus.
Old 10-11-17, 02:19 PM
Jiggz858
Pit Crew

Received 51 Likes on 31 Posts

Newbie here. Thanks for that info. I didn't realize Toyota Dealership will also service Lexus. The closest Lexus dealer is around 90 miles away compare to a Toyota which is less than 10 miles. Maybe when warranty expires I'll start considering the Toyota dealership for service.
Old 10-11-17, 09:06 PM
roblim
Pole Position

Received 17 Likes on 12 Posts

I am shopping for a 2017 RX450 and was told that production on 2017s stopped a month ago so the selection is a little low right now. Any ideas on when the 2018s will be at dealers and what happens to prices? I am getting quotes of ~12% off MSRP right now. I know Lexus has a December to remember event, are the prices much better in December?
Old 10-11-17, 09:14 PM
roblim
Pole Position

Received 17 Likes on 12 Posts

Longo Lexus offered me 9% (maybe 10%) off of MSRP on a 450h. 2000 off is not included in that price and is applied after taxes is what i was told. He said he could not do 14% off. Paying cash.
Old 10-12-17, 05:31 AM
JSracer
Instructor

Originally Posted by ericsan13
They are trying to keep your business in the state. Just go around them and other internet managers at other dealerships in competitive markets. You can get exactly what you want shipped to your door for less than what your local monopoly dealership will offer you.

You do not need to build a relationship with them. Doesn't matter where you bought it, you'll only be taking it in for service there which is a different department. If anything, buying from out of state lets them know you are not dumb. Spreading the word will force your dealer to be more competitive.
finding some great deals out there, thanks to some work and this thread. Would probably do a fly and drive i think, closest is about 1k miles, farthest is 2k miles or so.
as far as a relationship, there is 1 lexus dealer in the state with 2 locations, for service and warranty work, so that is also a consideration for me. (25 year ase master mechanic)
Old 10-12-17, 05:44 AM
radiologym
Pit Crew

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts

I can payoff lease right away. The benefit is no interest charge and the drawback is a loss if car totaled, correct? How much would I stand to lose if car fully insured?
Old 10-13-17, 04:14 PM
machinsk
Driver School Candidate

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by rcworks
picked up my new 2017 rx350 from nalley lexus in roswell, ga. Met Justin Balcer, cool guy.
as previously stated OTD was $48,544 upfront no hagling but i went and added $1598 -100,000 mile /12 year bumper2bumper warranty. Electronics, elecrical and computer on this thing scared me.
Thanks OP for this thread and other members for contributing, this thread really helped me negotiate my deal, put in a deposit for RX350 MSRP $51,606/- and paid OTD $46,150/- in MD, about 14% off including all discounts, this is my first entry into luxury vehicle and really excited, cant wait to take delivery and drive this baby.

Question to others regarding extended warranty, do you guys recommend extended warranty on this vehicle? With all the electronics this is loaded with, i am thinking of getting one for peace of mind, I was quoted about $4k for 100k/10yrs which i think is excessive, looks like
rcworks paid only $1598, whats the range others are getting quoted? Appreciate any input on this please, PM is fine too.

Thanks in advance!
Old 10-13-17, 05:19 PM
mikemu30
Lexus Test Driver

Originally Posted by machinsk
Thanks OP for this thread and other members for contributing, this thread really helped me negotiate my deal, put in a deposit for RX350 MSRP $51,606/- and paid OTD $46,150/- in MD, about 14% off including all discounts, this is my first entry into luxury vehicle and really excited, cant wait to take delivery and drive this baby.

Question to others regarding extended warranty, do you guys recommend extended warranty on this vehicle? With all the electronics this is loaded with, i am thinking of getting one for peace of mind, I was quoted about $4k for 100k/10yrs which i think is excessive, looks like
rcworks paid only $1598, whats the range others are getting quoted? Appreciate any input on this please, PM is fine too.

Thanks in advance!
Invest the 4k elsewhere and take your chances.
The following users liked this post:
machinsk (10-13-17)
Old 10-13-17, 09:46 PM
hypermyk
Driver School Candidate

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Need help on best deal. Looking into buying RX450h f sport with all features. I’m located in socal. Please name dealer and Sales person. Thanks
Old 10-15-17, 04:41 AM
JSracer
Instructor

If purchasing out of state, do you pay your state rate or the selling dralers rate?
Also how would a temporary tag work, especially if the deal isn't done until i am able to test drive and walk around the vehicle?
Hypothetical fly and drive from Atlanta or Southern California to Minnesota.

Thanks so very much for the time.

Quick Reply: 2017 RX Best Prices So Far?