RX - 4th Gen (2016-2022) Discussion topics related to the 2016 and up RX350 and RX450h models

2017 RX Best Prices So Far?

Search this Thread

Old 11-05-17, 06:34 AM
jarabanos
Driver

Received 5 Likes on 4 Posts

Originally Posted by JSracer
well, i agreed to a local deal, but they need to find the atomic/black 17 rx450 with hud, triple beam, lux, ML audio, tow and hitch, pano camera, power rear seat, ..........( nothing paid yet)

msrp 64600
Discount $6,000 (9%)
Lexus Cash $2,500
Before TTL $56050(13.5% off)
accessories at cost, body side moldings, mud flaps, other things

not my best deal, but fair, and reputation wise, my dealer is normally not generous at all with discounts.
i have been quoted 8200 for a discount in california (10700 off total), but then if i drive back, i have to pay their sales tax. also i couldn't get an answer about 500$ registration in california, if i had to pay that or not. then also pay more back home. shipping for the car i was getting quotes in the 850$ range. the Cali car could be a better deal, but the selling dealer would have to get 1, they don't have that color in stock. California otd price was within 1k of my local dealer if i drove and its 2k miles away, i have not shut this deal down yet, seeing what local the dealership can find. there is 1 scheduled for production the end of the month, delivery early december. I think thats the one he is going after.
Which local dealer?
Old 11-05-17, 06:45 AM
JSracer
Instructor

Received 122 Likes on 103 Posts

Originally Posted by jarabanos
Which local dealer?
wayzata, maplewood is owned by the same people too
Old 11-05-17, 07:11 AM
jarabanos
Driver

Received 5 Likes on 4 Posts

wayzata, maplewood is owned by the same people too
I figured. Good to know. I starting negotiations with Wayzata and they came in with a ridiculously high offer so I contacted a few people in Chicago and even further out in the country and got way better pricing. Took those deals back to Wayzata and now they want to play ball and work on matching or beating my other offers. Can I ask who you are working with at Wayzata on this deal? I agree I think the offer you got is pretty good considering the monopoly they have in MN and they tend not to be too aggressive with their pricing unless some business is at stake. Thanks!
Old 11-05-17, 03:49 PM
3l3c7r1c
Driver School Candidate

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

well, i agreed to a local deal, but they need to find the atomic/black 17 rx450 with hud, triple beam, lux, ML audio, tow and hitch, pano camera, power rear seat, ..........( nothing paid yet)

msrp 64600
Discount $6,000 (9%)
Lexus Cash $2,500
Before TTL $56050(13.5% off)
accessories at cost, body side moldings, mud flaps, other things

not my best deal, but fair, and reputation wise, my dealer is normally not generous at all with discounts.
i have been quoted 8200 for a discount in california (10700 off total), but then if i drive back, i have to pay their sales tax. also i couldn't get an answer about 500$ registration in california, if i had to pay that or not. then also pay more back home. shipping for the car i was getting quotes in the 850$ range. the Cali car could be a better deal, but the selling dealer would have to get 1, they don't have that color in stock. California otd price was within 1k of my local dealer if i drove and its 2k miles away, i have not shut this deal down yet, seeing what local the dealership can find. there is 1 scheduled for production the end of the month, delivery early december. I think thats the one he is going after.
Which cali dealer did you talk to? I live in Seattle and no dealer is going below 4-5% off MSRP. I am ready to drive from California if that saves $2,500+tax (which is 10.3 at my location)
Old 11-05-17, 04:00 PM
JSracer
Instructor

Received 122 Likes on 103 Posts

Originally Posted by 3l3c7r1c
Which cali dealer did you talk to? I live in Seattle and no dealer is going below 4-5% off MSRP. I am ready to drive from California if that saves $2,500+tax (which is 10.3 at my location)
beverly hills lexus
Old 11-05-17, 05:31 PM
Madison06
Driver School Candidate

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Rx350 with premium package in CA

I live in the LA area and am trying to see if I am getting a good deal on the rx350 with premium package.

MSRP is 51k - out the door price is 46500. This is because I am not using Lexus financing and getting 2500 back because of that.

​​​​​​Any thoughts on how these numbers are and if you have suggestions for how I can do better. I am flexible on color etc. but want the premium package at the very least.

Thanks for your time!
Old 11-05-17, 05:52 PM
mikemu30
Lexus Test Driver

Received 2,542 Likes on 1,815 Posts

Originally Posted by Madison06
I live in the LA area and am trying to see if I am getting a good deal on the rx350 with premium package.

MSRP is 51k - out the door price is 46500. This is because I am not using Lexus financing and getting 2500 back because of that.

​​​​​​Any thoughts on how these numbers are and if you have suggestions for how I can do better. I am flexible on color etc. but want the premium package at the very least.

Thanks for your time!
Not great at all. 10%off MSRP should get you $46k BEFORE the cash back from Lexus.
Old 11-05-17, 06:31 PM
Madison06
Driver School Candidate

Thanks for the reply. This is out of the door price - including ca taxes, fees everything. When you say 10% off are you also considering taxes?
Old 11-05-17, 06:40 PM
p4snow
Driver School Candidate

Originally Posted by chaseboy
Care to post the dealer and salesperson you worked with in Houston for other members? This is almost unheard of in Houston, but maybe you were at the right place at the right time. I have heard of others not getting anywhere near that deal in Houston and they are on the lot, in person.
David Gardner at Northside Lexus. He’s the internet sales manager and I was a repeat customer. I believe the $2,000 Lexus cash and $1,000 Hurricane Harvey assistance ended on 10/31, but they still had quite a few RX’s in stock. Good luck.
Old 11-05-17, 09:36 PM
tax2017
Driver School Candidate

Thanks for the reply. This is out of the door price - including ca taxes, fees everything. When you say 10% off are you also considering taxes?
what is the price after discount not including taxes? This number will tell you how good a discount you have got!!!
Old 11-05-17, 10:45 PM
Tour90
Driver School Candidate

Hey, new to the forum. Has anyone gotten any good deals in WA or Portland, OR? I was told by the dealer that their invoice is 5.3% off msrp which is hard to believe (2017 Rx 450h f sport). Any advice or help would be greatly appreciated. Thanks.
Old 11-06-17, 05:44 AM
lesz
Lead Lap

Received 1,014 Likes on 693 Posts

Originally Posted by Tour90
Hey, new to the forum. Has anyone gotten any good deals in WA or Portland, OR? I was told by the dealer that their invoice is 5.3% off msrp which is hard to believe (2017 Rx 450h f sport). Any advice or help would be greatly appreciated. Thanks.
For the RX, the invoice is about 6.5% lower than MSRP, but, in today's auto market, invoice prices do not represent anything close to what dealers are actually paying for cars. With unadvertised incentives that manufacturers offer to dealerships, what dealers are paying for vehicles is substantially lower than the invoice price, and that is especially true around this time of the year.
The following users liked this post:
Tour90 (11-06-17)
Old 11-06-17, 07:03 AM
mikemu30
Lexus Test Driver

Received 2,542 Likes on 1,815 Posts

Forget taxes - that's unavoidable and different depending on jurisdiction.
Old 11-06-17, 09:07 AM
Tour90
Driver School Candidate

Thanks for the info, its been extremely tough around here to even get an offer close to 'invoice' without them trying to use the manufacture 'Lexus Cash' tied in with it.
Old 11-06-17, 11:31 AM
lesz
Lead Lap

Received 1,014 Likes on 693 Posts

Originally Posted by Tour90
Thanks for the info, its been extremely tough around here to even get an offer close to 'invoice' without them trying to use the manufacture 'Lexus Cash' tied in with it.
I would suggest trying a different approach. Find the 8 (or more) Lexus dealers that are the closest to you. Send each of them an identical email. In the email, let them know that you are sending the same email to 8 (or whatever the number is) dealers. Tell them what color, package, options, etc. that you are interested in, and let them know that you are planning to buy within a week or 10 days from the dealer that offers you the best price.

When the dealers respond with offers, take the best offer, let the other dealers know what that offer is, and give them the opportunity to beat that price. If you repeat that process a couple of times, each time, some of the dealers will drop out, but some are likely to better their initial offers. After repeating the same process a couple of times, you should get a good feel for where the bottom of the market is and for what the best offers available are. Even if you really aren't interested in traveling to the more distant of those dealerships, you likely won't have to do so because, by using the offers of those more distant dealers as leverage, you should be able to cause the more nearby dealers to bring their prices to more competitive levels.

A key part of this process is to do as much as can via internet and telephone communication before you visit a dealership. Until you walk into the dealership, you are the one who has more control over the process, but, once you do walk into the dealership, you are giving more control to the sales person.

The December to Remember Lexus sales event has started, and that is when Lexus dealers are getting their biggest unadvertised sales incentives from Lexus. With current market conditions, you should be able to get pricing offers well below invoice on a 2017 RX or other model. Dealers should even be offering below invoice pricing in the current market on 2018 vehicles for those models for which the 2018s are available.
The following users liked this post:
Tour90 (11-06-17)

Quick Reply: 2017 RX Best Prices So Far?