RX - 4th Gen (2016-2022) Discussion topics related to the 2016 and up RX350 and RX450h models

2017 RX Best Prices So Far?

Search this Thread

Old 11-28-17, 04:03 AM
JSracer
Instructor

Received 124 Likes on 104 Posts

Originally Posted by slimdoneee
..........Msrp is 45,000. Do you think this is a good deal?
not at all, looks terrible to me, 0 discount and 2500 lexus cash ?? is that correct ??
45000 msrp for 42500 ?? sounds like lexus cash discount ??
many people are getting at least 10-12% off or more BEFORE lexus cash.
Old 11-28-17, 07:14 AM
rsumasar
Driver School Candidate

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Now or Dec 1?

hey guys brand new to the forum, looking to get rid of my GS and going into a RX, i think i locked down a deal with my current dealer here in NYC. Just had a quick question, i always here December is the best time to buy a new Lexus. My dealer wants me to take delivery of my car before November is over (3 days) which i dont mind. I would just hate to see a bigger deal or incentive in December since we are literally 4 days away i would also hate to loose whatever deal i may have now. What are your thoughts?
Old 11-28-17, 09:12 AM
ravenuer
Racer

Received 503 Likes on 380 Posts
Wink

Originally Posted by rsumasar
hey guys brand new to the forum, looking to get rid of my GS and going into a RX, i think i locked down a deal with my current dealer here in NYC. Just had a quick question, i always here December is the best time to buy a new Lexus. My dealer wants me to take delivery of my car before November is over (3 days) which i dont mind. I would just hate to see a bigger deal or incentive in December since we are literally 4 days away i would also hate to loose whatever deal i may have now. What are your thoughts?
Well, unless you have access to a hidden microphone in the Lexus corporate sales office, who knows?
My thoughts: RXs are very hot sellers right now. From what I've read, the 18s aren't going to be all that much different, so if you want an RX and you think you have a decent deal, go for it. I doubt they'll be giving them away next month.
For anyone who absolutely has to have the bestest, lowest ever price ever, I would suggest leasing a Sentra for 99 bucks a month, 0 down. Doubt it'll ever go much lower than that!
Old 11-28-17, 09:44 AM
Mike728
Lead Lap

Received 677 Likes on 504 Posts

What deal have you worked out? You're the boss, don't let the dealer tell you what you should, or shouldn't do. Their best interest and yours are very different.
Old 11-28-17, 10:13 AM
skiracer
Lead Lap

Received 48 Likes on 44 Posts

If anyone in Los Angeles needs a RX, i got a great saleswoman. I bought 2 cars from her, including a 2018 IS 350 F Sport bought on Black Friday. And i referred her 2 friends and we all got nice discounts.

PM me if for contact info.
The following users liked this post:
Msangib70 (12-01-17)
Old 11-28-17, 01:12 PM
S4cruiser
Driver School Candidate

Received 11 Likes on 4 Posts

Depends on what your deal is. Typically the Lexus 'December to Remember' event runs November 1st thro the first of the year. "Usually" the incentives don't change for the better at the beginning of December. The dealer is going to likely be more open to 'dealing' at the end of the month vs the beginning. If their trying to hit their monthly 'numbers' then now would be much better then a week from now.

If your percent off MSRP is 12% or more BEFORE incentives then I'd be shocked if they offer the same deal this coming weekend. Either jump on it now or wait till the week after Christmas.

If if folks haven't listened to this, you should check it out. https://m.thisamericanlife.org/radio...e/513/129-cars
Old 11-28-17, 04:08 PM
PetroVal
Driver School Candidate

Default Where To Find New Tow Package RX's

Hi All,

I've been searching for a couple of months and I can't find tow package cars that aren't $60k+ I'm looking to purchase something with an msrp under $50k. I know Lexus likes to build out the cars for respective regions, but I'm not having any luck in the metros where I would expect to see em; Texas, Washington, Virginia, etc. I remember near the end of the 3rd gen run, oddly enough, the Lexus of Las Vegas dealership had several in inventory on AWD tow package RX 350's with minor options for $47k. Now the cheapest I can find is $59k. Maybe we're too soon into the 4th gen build run for this combo to be popular. Any recommendations on dealerships/regions to look into would be appreciated.

Thanks all,
Colin
Old 11-28-17, 07:01 PM
harry7447
Driver School Candidate

I would like to thank all of you that helped me in getting an idea of what pricing to go for. Got the car 10 days back in MD. Here are my numbers so that it helps someone else.

17 RX 350 AWD
MSRP : 54200
Discount: 6750
Loyalty cashback : $2500
Dealer Fee : $300
MD State Tax (6%): $2720
Tags & Title : 330
OTD price : $48300

Please note the OTD is the correct price, rest of the numbers are approx. How did I do? Not sure how much % exactly off MSRP . Options are Premium, Blind spot, Navi, 20" Wheels. Would have loved to get the 360 camera option, but was not available.

Thanks

Harry
Old 11-28-17, 07:24 PM
jchangarir
Driver School Candidate

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Thumbs up

Originally Posted by harry7447
I would like to thank all of you that helped me in getting an idea of what pricing to go for. Got the car 10 days back in MD. Here are my numbers so that it helps someone else.

17 RX 350 AWD
MSRP : 54200
Discount: 6750
Loyalty cashback : $2500
Dealer Fee : $300
MD State Tax (6%): $2720
Tags & Title : 330
OTD price : $48300

Please note the OTD is the correct price, rest of the numbers are approx. How did I do? Not sure how much % exactly off MSRP . Options are Premium, Blind spot, Navi, 20" Wheels. Would have loved to get the 360 camera option, but was not available.

Thanks

Harry
12.5% Off MSRP before Incentive and 17% after manufacture incentive?
This is one of the best deals that are on this forum. You did absolutely fantastic

Which dealer did you purchase from?
The following users liked this post:
harry7447 (11-28-17)
Old 11-28-17, 07:33 PM
harry7447
Driver School Candidate

Originally Posted by jchangarir
12.5% Off MSRP before Incentive and 17% after manufacture incentive?
This is one of the best deals that are on this forum. You did absolutely fantastic

Which dealer did you purchase from?
Not sure if I can post dealer name in here..It was Lexus Of Rockville
Old 11-29-17, 01:06 PM
minusplus
Rookie

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

Leased my RX350. 55k MSRP, agreed value was $49,570. Most dealerships wanted $1,500-$2,000 for my trade-in, I got $2,500 and did $2,000 cash down. The $2,000 rebate addition was nice also.

I originally wanted the 52k nav package, but inventory is slim right now so had to get the 55k nav package to get the color combo I wanted.
Old 11-29-17, 01:51 PM
CaRx450h
Driver School Candidate

Hello, thanks everyone for posting their prices. It definitely helped us negotiate the price of our new Rx.

We recently bought a new 17 Rx450h Premium in Northern California.

The MSRP was $57,199.
The negotiated cost was $51,275. This would be a 10.35%, not including Lexus Cash.

However, because they didn't have the color we wanted they had to get the car delivered from another dealer, which was another $375. This made the discount 9.7%.

We then agreed to the price because the color combination was rather rare and the other dealerships around our area that had the color were not willing to give as low as a discount
​​​​​​. This car was driven from another dealership 100 miles away since the color wasn't available anywhere else in the Bay Area at the time.

All negotiations were done over text, phone, and email, and the price was relatively easy to get. At first we were offered the 51,275 price for the available Rx450h at that trim until we specified the color. The price was offered relatively early on, as we gave the first $51,000 number and were willing to pay in cash and agree over the price.

Other dealers closer to us in Sacramento were unwilling to do more than $4000 off, and also included the Lexus Cash in negotiations. The cheaper prices we got were all in the Bay Area.

$57,199 (MSRP) - $5,924 (discount) + $375 (delivery) - $2,500 (cash back)= $49,150 not including taxes and fees.

This was at Lexus of Concord.
Old 11-29-17, 01:59 PM
fredw1
Intermediate

Received 18 Likes on 18 Posts

Originally Posted by CaRx450h
Hello, thanks everyone for posting their prices. It definitely helped us negotiate the price of our new Rx.

We recently bought a new 17 Rx450h Premium in Northern California.

The MSRP was $57,199.
The negotiated cost was $51,275. This would be a 10.35%, not including Lexus Cash.

However, because they didn't have the color we wanted they had to get the car delivered from another dealer, which was another $375. This made the discount 9.7%.

We then agreed to the price because the color combination was rather rare and the other dealerships around our area that had the color were not willing to give as low as a discount
​​​​​​. This car was driven from another dealership 100 miles away since the color wasn't available anywhere else in the Bay Area at the time.

All negotiations were done over text, phone, and email, and the price was relatively easy to get. At first we were offered the 51,275 price for the available Rx450h at that trim until we specified the color. The price was offered relatively early on, as we gave the first $51,000 number and were willing to pay in cash and agree over the price.

Other dealers closer to us in Sacramento were unwilling to do more than $4000 off, and also included the Lexus Cash in negotiations. The cheaper prices we got were all in the Bay Area.

$57,199 (MSRP) - $5,924 (discount) + $375 (delivery) - $2,500 (cash back)= $49,150 not including taxes and fees.

This was at Lexus of Concord.

Thanks for the info.
Old 11-29-17, 06:59 PM
slimdoneee
Driver School Candidate

Originally Posted by JSracer
not at all, looks terrible to me, 0 discount and 2500 lexus cash ?? is that correct ??
45000 msrp for 42500 ?? sounds like lexus cash discount ??
many people are getting at least 10-12% off or more BEFORE lexus cash.
this is correct. I've emailed over 4-5 different dealers. None of them offered any discount besides the $2500 Lexus cash. Am I doing something wrong?
Old 11-30-17, 05:24 AM
mikemu30
Lexus Test Driver

Received 2,565 Likes on 1,828 Posts

Originally Posted by slimdoneee
this is correct. I've emailed over 4-5 different dealers. None of them offered any discount besides the $2500 Lexus cash. Am I doing something wrong?
Yes. Nobody pays MSRP.

Quick Reply: 2017 RX Best Prices So Far?