RX - 4th Gen (2016-2022) Discussion topics related to the 2016 and up RX350 and RX450h models

2017 RX Best Prices So Far?

Search this Thread

Old 11-30-17, 10:21 AM
RC350Fan
Rookie

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

My GS lease is coming to an end, and I received a 3 lease payment and disposition fee waiver in the mail. It would save me over $2,200.

1) Will Lexus let me take advantage of that if I purchase a new '17 RX for my wife (instead of for me)?
2) Can I purchase the car through the Costco program and still take advantage of the waiver?
3) For those that have used the lease waiver, did you still negotiate a great deal (i.e., without the waiver "discount")?

Thanks in advance!
Old 11-30-17, 11:51 AM
jchangarir
Driver School Candidate

Originally Posted by RC350Fan
My GS lease is coming to an end, and I received a 3 lease payment and disposition fee waiver in the mail. It would save me over $2,200.

1) Will Lexus let me take advantage of that if I purchase a new '17 RX for my wife (instead of for me)?
2) Can I purchase the car through the Costco program and still take advantage of the waiver?
3) For those that have used the lease waiver, did you still negotiate a great deal (i.e., without the waiver "discount")?

Thanks in advance!
While I dont anytihng about how 2) and 3) will turn out,
I can definitely say for 1), you should be able to get $1000 incentive rebate called Loyalty Cash.
Old 11-30-17, 12:03 PM
minusplus
Rookie

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

Purchasing or leasing another car from the same dealership will have it's advantage (waiving fees and etc). However it's not guaranteed you'll get the best deal on your car. Is the waiver from Lexus corporate or the dealership?

Thanks in advance!
Old 11-30-17, 03:58 PM
RC350Fan
Rookie

Originally Posted by minusplus
Purchasing or leasing another car from the same dealership will have it's advantage (waiving fees and etc). However it's not guaranteed you'll get the best deal on your car. Is the waiver from Lexus corporate or the dealership?
It's from corporate. And I totally agree, it's no guarantee of a good deal. In fact, my area has so many 2017s that it could be worth waiting until the 2018s hit the lot. Then the dealer will be motivated the move the old stuff.
Old 12-01-17, 10:54 AM
minusplus
Rookie

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

I was told the 2018s would start coming in mid-December and were pushing 2017 inventory out. Might be to your advantage to get a 2017.
Old 12-01-17, 09:40 PM
Msangib70
Driver School Candidate

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Smile 2017 RX price opinion

Hello , Ive been on the site for a while but didn't register since I don't have my RX as of yet. Would someone review the price and see if I should try to do better?

2017 RX MSRP $45309.00- Discount of $4632 - rebate $2500 - OTD price with tax, license and fees = $42, 542.67

Looks like a little over 10% off the MSRP. This is a dealer in CA and even though I had a few others this was the clear price and he didn't hassle me or blow my phone or email up which I appreciated. Thanks in advance for any help. I want to purchase during the December to remember
Old 12-02-17, 08:54 AM
Oldfart
Intermediate

Received 64 Likes on 46 Posts

Originally Posted by Msangib70
Hello , Ive been on the site for a while but didn't register since I don't have my RX as of yet. Would someone review the price and see if I should try to do better?

2017 RX MSRP $45309.00- Discount of $4632 - rebate $2500 - OTD price with tax, license and fees = $42, 542.67

Looks like a little over 10% off the MSRP. This is a dealer in CA and even though I had a few others this was the clear price and he didn't hassle me or blow my phone or email up which I appreciated. Thanks in advance for any help. I want to purchase during the December to remember
A little over 10% discount and with rebate it is almost 16% off MSRP.
It is up to you do decide.
Are you after specific color combo? If yes how many still available? Other dealers willing to give you their best offer?
The following users liked this post:
Msangib70 (12-02-17)
Old 12-02-17, 09:16 AM
Msangib70
Driver School Candidate

Smile

Originally Posted by Oldfart
A little over 10% discount and with rebate it is almost 16% off MSRP.
It is up to you do decide.
Are you after specific color combo? If yes how many still available? Other dealers willing to give you their best offer?
Thanks for replying. Not really looking for a particular combo ; this is a base model in Caviar. At this dealership maybe 2 left but Im open to most colors; I had a couple stating if I told them what my other best offer was they would see what they can do. the other dealerships had loaded vehicles and I wasn't sure if they would try to match or if I should send the quote (omitting the dealership name of course) This is really the vehicle I want as I like the safety features and comfort, kind of got discouraged last night after seeing issues on other forums but this is my first choice

Last edited by Msangib70; 12-02-17 at 09:17 AM. Reason: punctuation
Old 12-02-17, 09:20 AM
slimdoneee
Driver School Candidate

Thanks for replying. Not really looking for a particular combo ; this is a base model in Caviar. At this dealership maybe 2 left but Im open to most colors; I had a couple stating if I told them what my other best offer was they would see what they can do. the other dealerships had loaded vehicles and I wasn't sure if they would try to match or if I should send the quote (omitting the dealership name of course) This is really the vehicle I want as I like the safety features and comfort, kind of got discouraged last night after seeing issues on other forums but this is my first choice
which dealership is this? I've emailed/talked to a few dealers in California. They all quoted me 44,000 otd.
Old 12-02-17, 09:32 AM
Oldfart
Intermediate

Received 64 Likes on 46 Posts

Do not get discouraged. Test drive it for yourself. This car is in top 3 in owners satisfaction. Over 80% of owners would buy it again.
Msangib70 (12-02-17)
Old 12-02-17, 09:38 AM
Msangib70
Driver School Candidate

Thanks !! Is it okay to give the other dealers the best quote to see if they would like to beat it? Since they announced the new RXL, I was wondering if dealerships may want to sweeten the deal. :-) Not greedy but new to this doing it alone. Thanks again your info is invaluable.
Old 12-02-17, 09:52 AM
LovMy2017R
Driver School Candidate

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Thanks in advance!
This is what I experienced at the Lexus dealer:
1)Yes, you can take advantage of the letter from corporate on your new Lexus. We also got a letter and wanted to turn in a 15NX for an 18NX.
2)Not sure about #2, but just ask the salesman to show you the Costco price...we asked ours and he gladly showed us the prices for all models. We also asked for a better price. Got a better price, but still wanted more off. We walked.
3)we ended up not using the lease waiver through the dealership. I called Lexus Financial for the payoff and sold the vehicle privately. Still got the last 3 months waived and no disposition fee. Pocket any extra $$$$.
Got a better deal from another dealership.
We are happy campers.
Good Luck!
Old 12-02-17, 09:54 AM
LovMy2017R
Driver School Candidate

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Thanks !! Is it okay to give the other dealers the best quote to see if they would like to beat it? Since they announced the new RXL, I was wondering if dealerships may want to sweeten the deal. :-) Not greedy but new to this doing it alone. Thanks again your info is invaluable.
Other dealers want to see your quote to determine if it is real.
Happy shopping and get the best deal!
Msangib70 (12-02-17)
Old 12-02-17, 09:56 AM
Msangib70
Driver School Candidate

Originally Posted by Oldfart
Do not get discouraged. Test drive it for yourself. This car is in top 3 in owners satisfaction. Over 80% of owners would buy it again.
Originally Posted by LovMy2017R
Other dealers want to see your quote to determine if it is real.
Happy shopping and get the best deal!
Thank you !!! I'll send it and remove the sales person and dealership! Thanks a lot.
Old 12-02-17, 09:57 AM
slimdoneee
Driver School Candidate

Does anyone know if I would pay California taxes or Arizona taxes if I purchase a rx350 in California? I spoke to a dealer in Texas and he told me my taxes would not be included in the otd price because I would be paying taxes when I register in Arizona. Not exactly sure how California works.

Quick Reply: 2017 RX Best Prices So Far?