RX - 4th Gen (2016-2022) Discussion topics related to the 2016 and up RX350 and RX450h models

Ride quality difference between F-Sport and non F-Sport?

Search this Thread

Old 11-06-16 | 09:03 AM
nas2344
Rookie

Default Ride quality difference between F-Sport and non F-Sport?

between f sport and regular awd rx350? Is the regular one more plush?
Old 11-06-16 | 02:23 PM
RGSW
Intermediate

From most what I read here, the "f" is a harsher ride compared to the Rx. Most folk here recommend "Michelien" tires for longevity and ride. I've owned several RX 350, both AWD & FWD, and prefer them over the "f". Don't need most of the stuff they have put on the "f", don't need the "paddle" sifters, don't like the black interior and especially the black headliner.
Old 11-06-16 | 02:46 PM
FastFord
Racer

The F sport is only slightly more harsh. I would bet the only difference is in the 20" tires and slightly lower profile. I have owned both and the biggest difference while driving are the seats. I got the F sport for the wheels, seats, and unlike RGSW I love the black headliner. My old beige headliner took a beating and showed a lot of marks. The dark one makes the inside look a little more stealth, sort of... I use the paddle shifters and as far as wanting the F sport over the Premium, purely the wheels, seats, dark interior, leather wrapped steering wheel, grill, and black mirrors.....certainly didn't get it for more performance, cause there isn't any.

Both ride exceptionally well. My back is fried and I don't have any issues with the F sport. The seats take some getting used to but not to the degree that it was a deal breaker for me.

Good thing we all don't like the same thing or life would be boring!

Last edited by FastFord; 11-06-16 at 03:12 PM.
Old 11-08-16 | 06:10 PM
toyotaman7
Racer

I picked the F sport over executive based on seats, interior colour scheme and ride. I found that the car is less wobbly in Sport plus mode. Also the seats are fabulous.

Again, that's my personal taste.
Old 11-10-16 | 01:31 PM
s4iscool
Pit Crew

Agree on preferring the blacked out int, just looks more sharp IMO. The ride is def stiffer when compared to a 20" regular RX350 but not harsh. The seats are less plush, so that could also contribute to a less cushy ride.
The following users liked this post:
Buck6197 (06-24-20)
Old 05-02-17 | 02:27 PM
Darith
Driver

Body roll is very present on the non-F Sport 4th Gen during turns...so much it made by back very sore when I first started driving it the first month (I'm use to it now, but it may still be adding stress to my body on faster turns since the seats don't hug my sides). I think I need to swap for an F-Sport one day for less wobble when steering. And I love to weave in and out of traffic (responsibly of course). The F-Sport comes with dampeners that the non does not have.
Old 05-02-17 | 04:43 PM
shotkall3r
Driver School Candidate

Mechanically, I think the only difference between F and non-F are the stiffer shocks, which helps with body roll as Darith mentioned. Obviously there are the extra "F" specific options as well.

On a side note, the NX F-sport has exhaust noise enhancement from a mic placed near the exhaust manifold to make the interior cabin sound "sporty". I don't think the RX has this but I don't have one to confirm.
Old 05-03-17 | 03:50 AM
ggebhardt
Pole Position

Originally Posted by Darith
I love to weave in and out of traffic (responsibly of course)..

Responsibly.
Old 05-03-17 | 05:11 AM
PeeVee
Advanced

I don't know if the packaging groups are different in different countries, but in Canada, there is adaptative suspension on the Executive package on the non F-Sport, and in the F-Sport 3 package.
The dealer provides the F-Sport 3 equipped RX for the test road. That was very smoot, did not feel the cracks and bumps. I felt only a little thing in a big pot hole. They did not have a basic one for trial.

I did not expect mine to be that stiff when I got it... I have the 350 non F with the luxury package to get the leather seats, navigation and LED head lights. The 20" wheel was not a must for me. I bought 18" mags for my winter tires and I find the ride smoother.
Old 05-03-17 | 10:56 AM
tdjacw
Pole Position

I test drove both, under normal road conditions not much of a difference. Going over some hard bumps the F Sport
is definitely firmer. All depends on whats more important, ride or handleing.
Old 05-04-17 | 08:24 PM
yok3dIS
Intermediate

Originally Posted by toyotaman7
I picked the F sport over executive based on seats, interior colour scheme and ride. I found that the car is less wobbly in Sport plus mode. Also the seats are fabulous.

Again, that's my personal taste.

I conçur!
Old 05-11-17 | 08:40 AM
NickL
Racer

How do you guys find the F-Sport seats? Does it get uncomfortable on long trip due to the unadjustable bolstering on the sides(where it touches your thights).
I don't know why they didn't make that part adjustable.
Old 05-11-17 | 09:18 AM
FastFord
Racer

Depends what you call a long drive.

I had to go to London from Ottawa, 7 hour trip to drop someone off, drove home an hour later, 7 more hours. I did not find the seat bolsters troubling at all. But that's my body, and bum shape. My F sport seats are a little wider than there were when new. At least mine is, Passenger is same. I have adjustable bolstering on another car and only used it when it was new. I suspect this would be a great option is you have multiple drivers of various shapes and sizes.

I'm a fairly big guy 6'1 215 or so, normal build and love the seats. I had the other seats on a 3Rx and found they had no lateral support. They were fine, but the F sport for me is perfect.

I did find the other seat has a little more padding on the seat part, and the leg extender was nice.
Old 05-11-17 | 11:10 AM
kent2174
Intermediate

Love the FSport bolsters on long trips. I have chronic back pain. I can rest my back on the side bolsters for extra comfort.
I am 6 feet; 160 lbs.
Old 05-11-17 | 12:56 PM
ericsan13
Racer

Originally Posted by NickL
How do you guys find the F-Sport seats? Does it get uncomfortable on long trip due to the unadjustable bolstering on the sides(where it touches your thights).
I don't know why they didn't make that part adjustable.
It's uncomfortable because the seats are stiffer, not because of the bolsters. For me it starts to get uncomfortable after the 2.5 hour mark, whereas with my 3RX non-fsport seats I could go 3.5 hours with no problem.

I would take the bolsters any day though, especially since I whip around the city most of the time. I slid around a little on the old seats. I am 5'10" average weight for reference.

Quick Reply: Ride quality difference between F-Sport and non F-Sport?