RX - 4th Gen (2016-2022) Discussion topics related to the 2016 and up RX350 and RX450h models

Lexus Parts World, Other OEM Suppliers?

Search this Thread

Old 07-08-20, 04:17 AM
bamalam
Advanced

Received 411 Likes on 217 Posts
Default Good source for OEM parts?

Is there a favorite online OEM parts supplier for Lexus? There are a few for Honda/Acura with which I'm familiar, but they don't carry Lexus parts. A search turns up https://www.lexuspartsnow.com and https://www.mylparts.com. Have members had good experiences with either of these? Are there others?
Old 07-08-20, 05:43 AM
mikesd1980
Pit Crew

Received 30 Likes on 23 Posts

Originally Posted by bamalam
Is there a favorite online OEM parts supplier for Lexus? There are a few for Honda/Acura with which I'm familiar, but they don't carry Lexus parts. A search turns up https://www.lexuspartsnow.com and https://www.mylparts.com. Have members had good experiences with either of these? Are there others?
I have used https://www.lexuspartsnow.com and also cross reference with my local dealer. Shipping cost sucks.
Old 07-08-20, 10:43 AM
bamalam
Advanced

Thanks, mod, for placing this in the right thread.
Old 07-08-20, 04:19 PM
kolokmee
Intermediate

Received 86 Likes on 65 Posts

On a related note, does anyone know of any reliable online OEM parts supplier for Canada? Lexuspartsnow's shipping cost to Canada is insane.

Some -bleep-bleep- swiped two of my tire valve caps (most likely for their bikes), and my dealer doesn't even sell the caps - they only sell the entire TPMS valve and cap set. It can't be this difficult to find OEM caps in Canada, can it?
Old 07-09-20, 11:08 AM
dibl
Instructor

Received 684 Likes on 400 Posts

Originally Posted by kolokmee
On a related note, does anyone know of any reliable online OEM parts supplier for Canada? Lexuspartsnow's shipping cost to Canada is insane.

Some -bleep-bleep- swiped two of my tire valve caps (most likely for their bikes), and my dealer doesn't even sell the caps - they only sell the entire TPMS valve and cap set. It can't be this difficult to find OEM caps in Canada, can it?
Sucks. While you are waiting to figure how how to buy a set of OEM caps, you might go to a large tire store with one of your remaining OEM caps in hand, and see how close they can come to matching the style with caps they probably have on hand. The screw threads are standard so at least you can cover the internal valve and keep the dirt and water out.
Old 07-10-20, 09:15 AM
mikemu30
Lexus Test Driver

Received 2,540 Likes on 1,814 Posts

Is there any functional difference between the oem caps and the four pack you buy in Walmart for $1?
Old 07-10-20, 01:43 PM
kolokmee
Intermediate

Originally Posted by mikemu30
Is there any functional difference between the oem caps and the four pack you buy in Walmart for $1?
As long as it's not the metal type that can corrode and fuse onto the stems, the cheapo plastic caps likely will do the job. Unless it's badly designed and can allow dirt/grime/salt to pool underneath.

I'm currently using a couple of old caps from my abandoned bicycle as temporary covers. Yes, they look horrible.
Old 07-10-20, 01:57 PM
mikemu30
Lexus Test Driver

Received 2,540 Likes on 1,814 Posts

Originally Posted by kolokmee
As long as it's not the metal type that can corrode and fuse onto the stems, the cheapo plastic caps likely will do the job. Unless it's badly designed and can allow dirt/grime/salt to pool underneath.

I'm currently using a couple of old caps from my abandoned bicycle as temporary covers. Yes, they look horrible.
I knew never to use metal ones. To me, the cheapo replacements are barely noticeable. I'll have a word next time I'm back the dealer. Two disappeared my last visit.
Old 03-15-21, 08:55 AM
bamalam
Advanced

I asked about this last summer, but hoping others have more experiences to share now. I've found three web stores that allegedly sell new Lexus OEM parts:
Lexus Parts - Genuine OEM Lexus Parts and Accessories Online (lexuspartsnow.com)
MyLparts | Genuine Lexus Parts | MyLexusParts (this site states they are a Lexus dealer)
OEM Acura Parts & Accessories | Acura Parts Club

Can anyone vouch for one or more of these sites selling OEM parts? I want to get the illuminated door sills for my RX (part # PT944-48160-20). My dealer price for the kit is $325. All of these sites sell it for $80 or less, plus shipping. I'm not interested if the cost is $325, but don't want counterfeit parts, even if they are free.
Old 03-15-21, 11:13 AM
Quantum501
Advanced

Received 457 Likes on 250 Posts

Well, I have lexuspartsnow.com bookmarked... but I honestly can not recall if I purchased anything from them however....sorry.

You are right to be skeptical about counterfeit parts and/or poor service.
I did purchase the illuminated door sills from a company that someone had linked in that thread. The sills were legit....I think....they work perfectly and look great, and I paid around $85 total for the pair. Unfortunately the company sent the wrong color. When I contacted them with the error and a copy of my receipt which showed the correct color ordered, the guy had the nerve to tell me that I had ordered wrong and too bad. I again reminded him of the receipt with the proper item color and he finally realized that they had made the error. Then he sounded like he was doing me a favor by sending the correct parts. Prior to actually speaking to them I must have called them 50 times and got no answer, no email reply or anything for weeks. I finally had my credit card cancel the purchase and then my phone started ringing.

Anyway...I will never go near oemvehicleparts.com even if the price is great.

I would confirm that the "dealer" site is an actual dealer....shouldn't be too difficult to call and ask for sales department as if buying a new car and confirm location and service link. Too many guys trying the side hustle to be sure.

Good luck and let us know. I prefer to order maintenance items like oil/cabin/engine filters, crush washers, etc in bulk and pay much less than dealer direct markups, and so also looking for a reputable online vendor.
The following users liked this post:
bamalam (03-15-21)
Old 03-15-21, 11:31 AM
bshomo63
9th Gear

Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts

Bought the illuminated door sills from lexuspartsnow.com. They were indeed OEM and came in Toyota Motor box. Shipping was a little high, but MUCH cheaper than dealer. Easy to install as wiring already in place. Very happy with them.

bamalam (03-15-21)
Old 03-15-21, 02:44 PM
kolokmee
Intermediate

For us canucks, I ended up ordering my OEM caps from lexuspartsdirect.ca, and they are indeed genuine OEM caps. I suspect they might be affiliated with lexuspartsnow somehow.

Shipping on individual orders were pretty high; but if you combine multiple items in the order, the shipping cost gets spread out since the cost to add an item is minimal. So I ordered a couple of cabin and air filters from them at the same time. Much cheaper than from the dealer. Pretty happy with their service and prices.
Old 03-15-21, 03:28 PM
bamalam
Advanced

Originally Posted by bshomo63
Bought the illuminated door sills from lexuspartsnow.com. They were indeed OEM and came in Toyota Motor box. Shipping was a little high, but MUCH cheaper than dealer. Easy to install as wiring already in place. Very happy with them.
Thanks @bshomo63 (and @kolokmee ). I ordered from lexuspartsnow.com. They were about $5 higher than the other two sites in my post, but only because they collected state sales tax and the others did not. Since you got what you wanted, a little confidence is worth a lot more than $5. Unfortunately, I looked at the BBB rating for the parent company, Auto Parts Prime. That was a mistake; ~ 1 out 5 score with over 40 complaints! Reading through them, though, it appeared many were because people ordered the wrong thing or entered a VIN and expected the supplier to pick the right part, then got kicked by the return policy. It is clear that you better want what you order, because returns are problematic.

Given the huge gap between online and dealer price, I could have ordered from all three suppliers and still saved $85 compared to my dealer parts desk!!! I'll report back on this thread to post my (hopefully good) experience.
dibl (03-15-21)
Old 03-20-21, 09:10 AM
bamalam
Advanced

Originally Posted by Quantum501
Well, I have lexuspartsnow.com bookmarked... but I honestly can not recall if I purchased anything from them however....sorry.
Good luck and let us know. I prefer to order maintenance items like oil/cabin/engine filters, crush washers, etc in bulk and pay much less than dealer direct markups, and so also looking for a reputable online vendor.
I ordered the illuminated door sills from lexuspartsnow.com and installed them last night. Both the packaging and the parts look OEM. The email notification from the seller was very good, including shipping and delivery confirmation. The label on the box indicates the parts were shipped from Toyota Motor Sales/Mansfield MA to Ira Lexus/Danvers MA. Both locations are real businesses. The shipping label to me says the shipper is LexusPartsNow, and the address is the same as Ira Lexus. No instructions were included, but there is a label on the box that says instructions are in the Toyota Information System (TIS). I grabbed a copy, although I already knew installation was trivially easy.

No complaints, and I'd order from them again.
The following 2 users liked this post by bamalam:
dibl (03-20-21), Quantum501 (03-21-21)
Old 03-21-21, 06:28 AM
Quantum501
Advanced

Received 457 Likes on 250 Posts

I ordered the illuminated door sills from lexuspartsnow.com and installed them last night. Both the packaging and the parts look OEM. The email notification from the seller was very good, including shipping and delivery confirmation. The label on the box indicates the parts were shipped from Toyota Motor Sales/Mansfield MA to Ira Lexus/Danvers MA. Both locations are real businesses. The shipping label to me says the shipper is LexusPartsNow, and the address is the same as Ira Lexus. No instructions were included, but there is a label on the box that says instructions are in the Toyota Information System (TIS). I grabbed a copy, although I already knew installation was trivially easy.

No complaints, and I'd order from them again.
Good to know...thanks. With all of the counterfeit parts being sold on Amazon and elsewhere I really want to know that I am getting the real deal. Now days the counterfeits packaging is pretty good, so having a trusted source is great. My sills are OEM it is just the business that sucks.

Thanks again!

Quick Reply: Lexus Parts World, Other OEM Suppliers?