RX - 4th Gen (2016-2022) Discussion topics related to the 2016 and up RX350 and RX450h models

4th Gen RX Problems Guide

Search this Thread

Old 02-12-18 | 07:54 AM
aznkorboi
Lexus Test Driver

2016 Lexus RX 350 F SPORT

Issues so far (super nitpicky)

- Randomly the enfotainment system would turn pink then black and would freeze. Has not happened in a year.
- Squeaking on hot days from driver side door when opening /closing. Fixed by replacing a part.
- Squeaking from passenger rear suspension on Sport+ mode when going over bumps or railroad tracks. Fixed with replacment
- Slight droning at low RPM's. Fixed with replacement.
- Up/Down track change button on steering wheel became lose and squeaky. Fixed with replacement.
-Whining noise when at MAX air. Didn't fix but most likely due to a dirty cabin air filter as the sound went away when I removed it.
-Once when starting car my pano view cameras went crazy and were blinking and stuttering. Went away and never returned.

Don't forget about the 50,000 mile warranty as well as your 20,000 free wheel alignment.
Old 02-12-18 | 07:59 AM
gadgetman1
Racer

Originally Posted by aznkorboi

- Randomly the enfotainment system would turn pink then black and would freeze. Has not happened in a year.
- Squeaking on hot days from driver side door when opening /closing. Fixed by replacing a part.
- Squeaking from passenger rear suspension on Sport+ mode when going over bumps or railroad tracks. Fixed with replacment
- Up/Down track change button on steering wheel became lose and squeaky. Fixed with replacement.
-Whining noise when at MAX air. Didn't fix but most likely due to a dirty cabin air filter as the sound went away when I removed it.
-Once when starting car my pano view cameras went crazy and were blinking and stuttering. Went away and never returned.

Don't forget about the 50,000 mile warranty as well as your 20,000 free wheel alignment.
I wouldn’t call these issues super nitpicky. Lexus is supposed to be a very refined automobile. If problems develop, no matter how small, we expect the problems to be fixed. Glad they did that for most of your list.
Old 02-14-18 | 04:27 PM
SCRXOwner
Driver

Default Auto High Beam

Add auto high bean dim to the 2016/2017 RX issues. I don’t think it is a wide spread issue. There is a thread describing the issue.

https://www.clublexus.com/forums/rx-...isappears.html

Last edited by SCRXOwner; 02-14-18 at 04:44 PM.
Old 02-14-18 | 04:40 PM
JSracer
Instructor

Originally Posted by SCRXOwner
Add auto high bean dim to the 2016/2017 RX issues. I don’t think it is a wide spread issue. There is a thread describing the issue.
you could describe it a tic more if you want it added to a list, just saying
Old 02-14-18 | 05:03 PM
gadgetman1
Racer

Originally Posted by SCRXOwner

https://www.clublexus.com/forums/rx-...isappears.html
I had auto high beams on my last vehicle & I won’t have them again. Huge waste of money, dealers said it was working correct, but it’s wasn’t.
Old 02-15-18 | 08:24 AM
Cocal
Racer

Originally Posted by gadgetman1
I had auto high beams on my last vehicle & I won’t have them again. Huge waste of money, dealers said it was working correct, but it’s wasn’t.
But you can always disable it, at least I can on my 2017 in Canada
Old 02-15-18 | 09:14 AM
gadgetman1
Racer

Originally Posted by Cocal
But you can always disable it, at least I can on my 2017 in Canada
I have no idea if it can be disabled on the RX or not. My point was I will not buy it until it’s proven to work flawlessly.
Old 02-15-18 | 10:29 AM
rsolomon
Driver School Candidate

I have no idea if it can be disabled on the RX or not. My point was I will not buy it until it’s proven to work flawlessly.
According to TFM (found online) there's an enable/disable button for the automatic high beam system, so yes it can be disabled.

I don't quite get the "huge waste of money" and "will not buy it" since for US models at least "intelligent high-beam headlights" is listed in the product brochure as being part of "Lexus Safety System+" which is "Standard on every RX" - so I don't see where you have a choice? I mean, yeah, you could choose not to buy the vehicle because it includes a feature you think is defective but which you'd have to actively turn on to have it get in the way, but that seems a bit excessive.

I found this thread very interesting and the outgassing plastic theory is eminently logical - and consistent with what I've seen on every vehicle I've purchased, namely the interior of the windshield and back glass getting "fogged" with a substance over time.
Old 02-15-18 | 10:36 AM
gadgetman1
Racer

Originally Posted by rsolomon
According to TFM (found online) there's an enable/disable button for the automatic high beam system, so yes it can be disabled.

I don't quite get the "huge waste of money" and "will not buy it" since for US models at least "intelligent high-beam headlights" is listed in the product brochure as being part of "Lexus Safety System+" which is "Standard on every RX" - so I don't see where you have a choice? I mean, yeah, you could choose not to buy the vehicle because it includes a feature you think is defective but which you'd have to actively turn on to have it get in the way, but that seems a bit excessive.

I found this thread very interesting and the outgassing plastic theory is eminently logical - and consistent with what I've seen on every vehicle I've purchased, namely the interior of the windshield and back glass getting "fogged" with a substance over time.
I don’t have “Intelligent High Beam Headlights” - they were optional.
Old 02-15-18 | 10:59 AM
ericsan13
Racer

Originally Posted by JSracer
you could describe it a tic more if you want it added to a list, just saying
Thanks, I agree. Reading through the thread I don't see that there is an issue? It sounds like haze/film on the windshield was causing the auto high beams to fail.

Also FYI yes they can be disabled and no I have never encountered problems using them. That's not to say there are no issues though.
Old 02-15-18 | 11:29 AM
rsolomon
Driver School Candidate

I don’t have “Intelligent High Beam Headlights” - they were optional.
Ah sorry, I didn't snap to the fact you were talking about the past purchase of your '16, I was stuck on the future tense and focused on the '18s - my bad
Old 03-01-18 | 12:22 PM
DMVRX350F
Driver School Candidate

Lexus dealerships provide free 20k mile wheel alignments? Is there anywhere I can read more about this or any other offerings that are complimentary? I am only aware of the first 2 services (complimentary) on new Lexus vehicles. Thanks.

Last edited by DMVRX350F; 03-01-18 at 12:40 PM.
Old 03-01-18 | 01:47 PM
gadgetman1
Racer

Originally Posted by DMVRX350F
Lexus dealerships provide free 20k mile wheel alignments? Is there anywhere I can read more about this or any other offerings that are complimentary? I am only aware of the first 2 services (complimentary) on new Lexus vehicles. Thanks.
Yeah they should provide free alignment for 20,000 miles. Mine was bad straight off the lot. I noticed weird tire wear & fortunately, it didn’t ruin any tires. Most of these dealers have no attention to detail.
Old 03-01-18 | 06:11 PM
aznkorboi
Lexus Test Driver

Originally Posted by DMVRX350F
Make sure to read every section!

http://www.lexus.com/warranty
Old 03-02-18 | 05:40 AM
DMVRX350F
Driver School Candidate

Make sure to read every section!

http://www.lexus.com/warranty
Hmm, not sure if I'm missing it somewhere but I'm still not seeing anything for free 20k mile wheel alignment. I'm seeing the following under maintenance schedule.

24MO / 20K MI
• Replace engine oil and oil filter (0W-20)
• Rotate tires and adjust tire pressures as required
• Reset maintenance reminder light
• Road test vehicle
• Check installation of driver's floor mat*
• Visually inspect brake pads, calipers and rotors

Quick Reply: 4th Gen RX Problems Guide