RX - 4th Gen (2016-2022) Discussion topics related to the 2016 and up RX350 and RX450h models

XM Reception Issues

Search this Thread

Old 12-28-16, 04:25 PM
gadgetman1
Racer

Received 214 Likes on 170 Posts
Default XM Reception Issues

I've had SXM in several vehicles & rarely had any reception issues unless it was snowing or there were lots of solar flares occurring. The RX only comes with XM & SXM is not available. I'm noticing my Channel 26 Classic Vinyl keeps loosing reception. Since we have just XM, & not SXM, there isn't much I'm excited about listening to. I'm also noticing my Bluetooth cuts out more than other vehicles I've owned. At first I thought it was my location, but it does it nearly anywhere. Anyone else notice this?

I've had two iPhone 7+ phones recently & they both have done the same thing when connected to the RX. My present phone does not cut out when I'm connected to my Bluetooth headset, so it has to be something with the RX. I've also deleted the RX from my phone & re-paired it up again & it didn't change anything.
Old 12-29-16, 02:20 AM
ggebhardt
Pole Position

Received 516 Likes on 386 Posts

If both iPhones were ATT there are reported problems with keeping a Bluetooth connection with the 7 and 7+. Check out the Apple forums like McRumors where people are reporting the problem.
Old 12-29-16, 11:45 AM
gadgetman1
Racer

Originally Posted by ggebhardt
If both iPhones were ATT there are reported problems with keeping a Bluetooth connection with the 7 and 7+. Check out the Apple forums like McRumors where people are reporting the problem.
I knew there were some iPhone issues, but the latest software (10.2) was supposed to fix any remaining Bluetooth issues. My main beef is with the XM reception. Anyone having issues with signal cutting out in wide open spaces?
Old 12-29-16, 05:49 PM
lexnewbi
Intermediate

Received 125 Likes on 89 Posts

Originally Posted by gadgetman1
I've had SXM in several vehicles & rarely had any reception issues unless it was snowing or there were lots of solar flares occurring. The RX only comes with XM & SXM is not available. I'm noticing my Channel 26 Classic Vinyl keeps loosing reception. Since we have just XM, & not SXM, there isn't much I'm excited about listening to. I'm also noticing my Bluetooth cuts out more than other vehicles I've owned. At first I thought it was my location, but it does it nearly anywhere. Anyone else notice this?
I also have reception problems with the XM radio cutting out. There are a couple of open areas in the highway were it always cuts out. These areas do not have bridges or any other tall buildings around it.

While driving around other open areas, I have cutouts every now and then. Pretty annoying, not sure why would anyone pay for satellite radio that cuts out so much.
Old 12-30-16, 10:31 AM
gadgetman1
Racer

Originally Posted by lexnewbi
I also have reception problems with the XM radio cutting out. There are a couple of open areas in the highway were it always cuts out. These areas do not have bridges or any other tall buildings around it.

While driving around other open areas, I have cutouts every now and then. Pretty annoying, not sure why would anyone pay for satellite radio that cuts out so much.
My point exactly - but since my other vehicles don't cut out & loose signal, this must be a Lexus thing...
Old 12-30-16, 01:06 PM
bootman
Intermediate

Received 31 Likes on 24 Posts

SAT reception is fine here on the east coast.
Drop outs for me only occur at underpasses and other major obstructions.
Sorry you guys are having issues