RX - 4th Gen (2016-2022) Discussion topics related to the 2016 and up RX350 and RX450h models

Damaged side view mirror

Search this Thread

Old 05-17-19, 09:29 AM
yardbird88
Driver

Received 17 Likes on 12 Posts

I had replaced the light bulb in the mirror for the CT200h. There are 3 clips that hold the mirror that you need to pull the mirror (glass part) out first. Then you can unscrew the 3 or 4 screws that hold the middle (black frame) out to disassembly the housing. The RX450h could be similar, not sure. I would look at the part diagram of the mirror housing before doing it.
Old 05-19-19, 12:19 PM
mssca
Driver

Received 13 Likes on 11 Posts

Originally Posted by spidgeon
I just had this happen as well, only I broke my housing! �� I need to find a place to replace it, and really don’t want to have to buy an entirely new mirror.
I took out my entire passenger side mirror while backing out of my garage and it cost me $2100 Canadian to get it replaced. The dealership told me the mirror assembly only cost about $800 but the cost of installation is so high because they have to calibrate it.
OP can probably just simply replace the housing. I didn't have that option.
Old 05-19-19, 02:50 PM
ravenuer
Racer

Received 503 Likes on 380 Posts

Originally Posted by mssca
I took out my entire passenger side mirror while backing out of my garage and it cost me $2100 Canadian to get it replaced. The dealership told me the mirror assembly only cost about $800 but the cost of installation is so high because they have to calibrate it.
OP can probably just simply replace the housing. I didn't have that option.
LOL! 1300 bucks to "calibrate" a mirror? Mirror wasn't the only thing to get calibrated!
Old 09-19-19, 12:26 AM
mpd
Driver School Candidate

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Need parts number for side mirror cover

as title says, i need help finding a parts number for the driver side side mirror cover only, dont need the whole assembly. sister backed out from garage and scraped the wall thanks for the help!

2017 rx350 f sport white

Last edited by mpd; 09-19-19 at 12:33 AM.
Old 01-21-20, 07:49 AM
kristinaaa
Driver School Candidate

Default Installing JUST mirror cover?

Hi there! Looking for some guidance... Bumped my mirror cover a few times and went through a car wash yesterday and lost it. I've found the replacement piece online for $40 but I haven't been able to find a definite answer on if I can just pop this on the mirror. I'm only finding videos and instructions on how to replace the entire mirror. Dealership quoted me at least $150 for labor, I'm assuming that's the standard hour so hoping to avoid that.

Can anyone give me a yes/no on this? Is it easy enough that I can just purchase the mirror cover below and pop it on? Please let me know if you need any additional detail, thank you!

This is the part (#4) - https://www.discountpartsmonster.com...Y2LWdhcw%3D%3D

Photo of mirror (drivers side, left):
Old 01-21-20, 11:18 AM
kristinaaa
Driver School Candidate

Default damaged PIECE of mirror (NOT entire side mirror)

Hi there - Looking for some help, I thought I posted a new thread before but it looks like I accidentally posted on someone else's. I'm looking for help with ONE PIECE of the side mirror on my car. I do not need a video or tutorial on how to take apart the entire mirror.

I'm trying to understand if I can simply "pop" in a new cover for the mirror, as stated below. Does anyone know?

Photo of mirror that is only missing cover, does not need to be fully replaced (drivers side, left):
Old 01-23-20, 05:46 AM
Cocal
Racer

Received 343 Likes on 262 Posts

Originally Posted by kristinaaa
Hi there - Looking for some help, I thought I posted a new thread before but it looks like I accidentally posted on someone else's. I'm looking for help with ONE PIECE of the side mirror on my car. I do not need a video or tutorial on how to take apart the entire mirror.
I'm trying to understand if I can simply "pop" in a new cover for the mirror, as stated below. Does anyone know?

Photo of mirror that is only missing cover, does not need to be fully replaced (drivers side, left):
I don't know for sure, But don't think so. This piece is to replace the old one, not a cover for it, in fact even the schematics on the link you provided show a detailed taking the mirror apart to replace the outside.
Old 01-23-20, 05:56 AM
mandyfig

Received 416 Likes on 366 Posts

Originally Posted by makisan
I have a 2016 F Sport RX350 and I destroyed driver side mirror baking out of garage.

I searched online and the full mirror assembly is $700.
- I am stuck trying to get a screw out but starting to notice even if I remove that last screw it is only holding the cover.
- Any one have experience removing these mirrors?

This is the screw in the back of the mirror holding the cover. only 1/2 inch clearance..

2 screws in the front already removed...

I will schedule appointment with body shop to get a quote.
You can use an L shape screw driver...

Last edited by mandyfig; 01-23-20 at 05:58 AM. Reason: clarify
Old 04-07-21, 04:31 PM
ViktorG
Driver

Received 191 Likes on 42 Posts
Default 2016-2021 Lexus RX350 RX450h Door Mirror Glass Replacement Instructions

Hi there, I am a Lexus Master Tech and I am working on a series of maintenance and repair videos that will cover the latest generation RX350.
Here is my video on how to replace the outside rear view mirror glass.
Please hit me up with any ideas/suggestions on what other stuff you would like to see in the future in the video comments.
Thanks!

The following 3 users liked this post by ViktorG:
dibl (04-07-21), jollick (04-07-21), websurfer (04-07-21)
Old 04-07-21, 05:17 PM
socaligs
Pit Crew

Received 33 Likes on 22 Posts

Originally Posted by garyclee
Hi guys,

So I just hit my passenger side mirror on a pillar while backing up into a parking space. The plastic on the bottom part popped out, along with the plastic along the turn signal light.

Does anyone know how I can put the plastic back together? I don't want to force it in without knowing what I'm doing to avoid breaking the housing. I have the 2017 RX450h F Sport.

See the photos.

I appreciate the help! Thank you

you can actually push that part in or if damaged, you can just buy the mirror cover. I purchased one from my local dealership for under $50. I have attached a youtube video as to how to remove the mirror cover. I hope this helps.

The following 3 users liked this post by socaligs:
jollick (04-07-21), kentuckyed (04-10-21), websurfer (04-07-21)
Old 05-16-21, 10:13 AM
Chopper1
Driver School Candidate

Default Part Number of 2017 Lexus RX 350 Drivers mirror

Hello, Does any one have the Part Number for the Lexus RX 350 Drivers mirror with folding, heated and blind spot monitor. Thanks Terry

check out this link. I used this video to remove my mirror. Pretty simple actually. Acura actually sells the mirror. Probably one of the best prices, expensive, but still the one of the best prices.
i suggest changing the whole thing.
[/QUOTE]
Old 05-16-21, 03:39 PM
Marqevans
Instructor

Received 47 Likes on 37 Posts

I also did the same thing backing out of my garage. For some reason I hit it just right and the mirror didn’t bend back but crunched instead. The black plastic around the mirror cracked and the housing popped loose. Some of the tabs broke on the housing. Body shop wants $1285 to repair. With a $500 deductible I would have paid up to $800 myself to avoid a claim. At almost $1300 I’m going through insurance.
Old 08-08-21, 11:08 AM
MrChan
Rookie

Originally Posted by socaligs
you can actually push that part in or if damaged, you can just buy the mirror cover. I purchased one from my local dealership for under $50. I have attached a youtube video as to how to remove the mirror cover. I hope this helps.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-6hJWHwhDR0
Hey, do you have to take out the mirror glass before taking out the cover?
Old 08-08-21, 11:18 AM
socaligs
Pit Crew

Received 33 Likes on 22 Posts

Originally Posted by MrChan
Hey, do you have to take out the mirror glass before taking out the cover?

no need to take out the mirror glass at all. Just push, as indicated in the video, and the mirror covers comes off.
Old 04-14-22, 05:31 PM
vantage78
Pit Crew

Received 31 Likes on 23 Posts
Default Broken drivers side mirror housing - replacement part?

An unfortunate accident befell the wife’s RX. Needless to say, it only seems like the mirror housing trim frame needs to be replaced. See pic. Anyone know where I can find this part? Id rather not get the whole assembly…

Quick Reply: Damaged side view mirror