RX - 4th Gen (2016-2022) Discussion topics related to the 2016 and up RX350 and RX450h models

F Sport and non, major differences?

Search this Thread

Old 02-28-17, 02:57 AM
kitlz
No, I don't play soccer!

Received 168 Likes on 142 Posts

Originally Posted by Tribute182
Yeah, I was considering is 350 f sport in the beginning, however, there's only awd version which means it's mounted with the old 6 speed transmission and I can't stand it.
Not sure where you got that information. The F-Sport is 8 speed, always has been since it was introduced in 2013. HPs on the 4RX bumped up to 295. If anything it's improved since then. Plus you can get FWD or AWD now.

You really need to take one for a test drive.
Old 02-28-17, 03:58 AM
aznkorboi
Lexus Test Driver

Received 117 Likes on 90 Posts

Originally Posted by kitlz
Not sure where you got that information. The F-Sport is 8 speed, always has been since it was introduced in 2013. HPs on the 4RX bumped up to 295. If anything it's improved since then. Plus you can get FWD or AWD now.

You really need to take one for a test drive.
I think he was referring to the IS F SPORT. Not sure if they are the same as the RX F SPORT.
Old 02-28-17, 07:40 AM
Tribute182
Driver School Candidate

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Yeah, I was referring to the is awd which on has 6 speed and that's weird and stupid.
Old 02-28-17, 10:26 AM
kitlz
No, I don't play soccer!

Received 168 Likes on 142 Posts

Yeah, I was referring to the is awd which on has 6 speed and that's weird and stupid.
Sorry, my bad. I thought you were talking about the RX.

How about the NX? It's a roomy SUV that comes in both F-Sport and turbo. While it doesn't have all the bells and whistles the RX has to offer, the lower price can be appealing.
Old 03-03-17, 09:50 AM
Darith
Driver

Received 27 Likes on 19 Posts

Why not consider an 8-speed IS200t? You really should test drive the vehicles before buying it and take it around turns and curves. I bought my non-F sport RX and it was delivered to my doorstep from another city on the dealership's behalf because they are purely a volume dealer (BUT I was told by my local dealer salesman that the F-Sport was all visual changes but it's clearly not with the seats and sport plus mode and paddle shifters) and the seats gave me back pain at first (because they don't hug you as much as the F-sport does for minimizing lateral movement, but now I'm use to it). I'm also not use to the body roll of the SUV vehicle (I came from driving performance sedans and I love to zip through traffic and go fast on turns/bends, but we do an the most recent generation of the Acura MDX and we don't have this problem on body roll as much). The RX should have came with lower suspension (just like the Range Rovers) and the dampers as the body roll is a bit much for me, but Nigel-JDMParts says he does sell the performance dampers that the 4RX does not come with:

http://www.nigel-jdmparts.com/index.php?route=product/product&product_id=2241

I believe he also mentioned he has the Yamaha damper that fits our cars too.

Search 'f sport' to see what is included on the F-Sport over the non: http://pressroom.lexus.com/releases/...specs.download

Last edited by Darith; 03-03-17 at 09:53 AM.
Old 03-06-17, 02:03 AM
Nigel-JDMParts
Lexus Champion

Received 13 Likes on 12 Posts

Originally Posted by Darith
Why not consider an 8-speed IS200t? You really should test drive the vehicles before buying it and take it around turns and curves. I bought my non-F sport RX and it was delivered to my doorstep from another city on the dealership's behalf because they are purely a volume dealer (BUT I was told by my local dealer salesman that the F-Sport was all visual changes but it's clearly not with the seats and sport plus mode and paddle shifters) and the seats gave me back pain at first (because they don't hug you as much as the F-sport does for minimizing lateral movement, but now I'm use to it). I'm also not use to the body roll of the SUV vehicle (I came from driving performance sedans and I love to zip through traffic and go fast on turns/bends, but we do an the most recent generation of the Acura MDX and we don't have this problem on body roll as much). The RX should have came with lower suspension (just like the Range Rovers) and the dampers as the body roll is a bit much for me, but Nigel-JDMParts says he does sell the performance dampers that the 4RX does not come with:

http://www.nigel-jdmparts.com/index.php?route=product/product&product_id=2241

I believe he also mentioned he has the Yamaha damper that fits our cars too.

Search 'f sport' to see what is included on the F-Sport over the non: http://pressroom.lexus.com/releases/...specs.download
Other than the Yamaha damper that can help the 4RX, there is a under brace that will help the body roll on the 4RX as well.
​​​​​​​
The following users liked this post:
Darith (03-06-17)
Old 03-07-17, 06:54 AM
dleindec
Driver School Candidate

Received 3 Likes on 2 Posts

if you read this review, you would go out and get the f-sport:
https://www.edmunds.com/lexus/rx-450h/2017/review/
"A sport-tuned hybrid SUV may seem like a bit of a contradiction, but the RX 450h F Sport is, in fact, the model to get — just not for the reason you might suspect. Sure, it comes with sportier styling and sharper handling, but its adaptive suspension actually produces a better ride quality than the standard RX suspension. It's smoother and less busy over bumps. For that, we say it's the one to get."

If you view this video, you wouldn't...
Near the end he recommends against the f-sport due to it's harsher ride that the non.

I picked up the 2017 450h f-sport and find the ride to be very nice, but don't take my word for it.
test drive, test drive, test drive:
Old 03-10-17, 06:13 PM
Tribute182
Driver School Candidate

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Hello Guys:
Just wanna to say thank you! I haven't reply much to the thread recently! So, today I just got my car! And, it's a IS 350 F Sport AWD! I know I'm a xxxxxxx. However, there were some issues ... Therefore, I turned my head to the IS. But, what I feel the most important is test drive is really important. I can really say the f sport package does make a difference on the vehicle stability.
Old 03-11-17, 05:14 AM
aznkorboi
Lexus Test Driver

Received 117 Likes on 90 Posts

Hello Guys:
Just wanna to say thank you! I haven't reply much to the thread recently! So, today I just got my car! And, it's a IS 350 F Sport AWD! I know I'm a xxxxxxx. However, there were some issues ... Therefore, I turned my head to the IS. But, what I feel the most important is test drive is really important. I can really say the f sport package does make a difference on the vehicle stability.
lol nice. Way better car for a younger person. Make sure you TAKE CARE OF IT! Learn the 2 bucket car wash method. If you have more money to spare invest in xpel ultimate clear bra to protect the car from rock chips. And if you want to protect the paint from bird poop, it can leave a PERMANENT stain, and are too lazy to wax every month, consider a ceramic coating to protect the car.

GO to the AUTO detailing forum on this forum and learn some stuff! Take care of your car and it will take care of you for 10+ years.
Old 08-27-19, 03:27 PM
FUZCO
Lead Lap

Received 16 Likes on 14 Posts
Default AWD F-Sport vs AWD regular

Do both trims have similar ride or noticeable difference?
Old 08-27-19, 09:36 PM
tuandino
Pit Crew

Received 64 Likes on 42 Posts

Originally Posted by FUZCO
Do both trims have similar ride or noticeable difference?
The difference in ride is very subtle. F sport handles a tad better.
Old 10-18-20, 08:17 AM
ocwill1
Driver School Candidate

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
Default fsport vs luxury

Hey all, we have decided on the RX, however having trouble finding exactly what we want, so I need to get some options out there. We have only driven a 350 F sport with handling package, and a 450h base. Have a few questions:

1. Difference on ride between F Sport non-handling package and regular RX with luxury package.
2. Anyone that got the Fsport regret getting it due to the seats being a little narrower in the back? How are they on longer trips...

Old 10-18-20, 03:13 PM
mikemu30
Lexus Test Driver

Received 2,504 Likes on 1,790 Posts

Originally Posted by ocwill1
Hey all, we have decided on the RX, however having trouble finding exactly what we want, so I need to get some options out there. We have only driven a 350 F sport with handling package, and a 450h base. Have a few questions:

1. Difference on ride between F Sport non-handling package and regular RX with luxury package.
2. Anyone that got the Fsport regret getting it due to the seats being a little narrower in the back? How are they on longer trips...
Seats were a deal breaker for us. Unbearable just in the showroom.
Old 06-10-21, 04:08 PM
jwrichter
Rookie

Received 10 Likes on 8 Posts
Default RX-350 vs RX-350 sport

Hi guys,
As I find my self now driving 6 months in the Tennessee mountains I am considering purchasing a 2022 RX-350 F-sport trading in my 2017 RX-350. Any comments on the handling differences between the 2 are appreciated. I have loaded down my present 2017 and found it really doesn't handle great especially in mountain driving.

Thanks, Jim
Old 06-11-21, 04:02 AM
dibl
Instructor

Received 683 Likes on 400 Posts

F-Sport has a beefier suspension -- I enjoy driving mine in hilly country. But some don't like the seats, so you might want to take a long test drive in one before deciding.
The following users liked this post:
websurfer (06-11-21)

Quick Reply: F Sport and non, major differences?