RX - 4th Gen (2016-2022) Discussion topics related to the 2016 and up RX350 and RX450h models

Noise from rear wheels

Search this Thread

Old 07-27-17, 12:19 PM
guanche2k9
Advanced

Received 318 Likes on 182 Posts

Originally Posted by guanche2k9
It seems that I've been having a similar issue (on my 2017 RX 350) - but not sure if it's the same as yours.

In my case, it seems that the noise occurs when going at low speeds (5 MPH - 10 MPH) and sounds louder when I turn right. It seems like a "bubbling" noise coming from outside the vehicle - maybe even a slight "clicking" noise. It also appears that the sound is coming from below the vehicle, but no one from the dealer so far (including myself when I was trying to self diagnose the issue) is able to isolate where the noise is coming from.

The vehicle is still at the dealer being investigated (5 days so far). They told me that they called an engineer from Lexus to help them out with diagnosis. They even told me that it seems like it hasn't been reported anywhere in the US yet, so it could be that they could come out with a TSB (service bulletin) from this investigation.

I'll keep you guys posted.
So here's an update on the vehicle:

They just finished resolving the noise issue and it was a problem with the front strut links of the vehicle. Apparently they weren't torque adjusted properly from the factory so it was causing some mild vibration/noise. Additionally, it was making a little more noise when the vehicle would turn towards one side (as this would cause additional weight on the side being turned).
The fix was to lubricate, and properly adjust the strut linkages on both sides on the front of the vehicle to make sure no more vibration would occur.
Old 12-29-17, 12:30 PM
guanche2k9
Advanced

Received 318 Likes on 182 Posts
Default Issue Has Come Back

Hey guys,

So the same noise issue has returned - so I highly doubt it has anything to do with the strut linkages in the front (as Lexus previously told me). They asked me to come back to the dealership whenever I would hear the noise again (as they weren't able to reproduce it during their time with the vehicle when I brought it back) - which makes this highly inconvenient for me as the closest dealership is 45 minutes away from my house. I'm waiting for them to open a new dealership which will be 10 minutes from my place. At that point I will be stopping by once I hear the noise again, and from there, I'll let you guys know.

Cheers!
Old 12-29-17, 12:44 PM
GSFRX350
Advanced

Received 159 Likes on 128 Posts

Originally Posted by guanche2k9
It seems that I've been having a similar issue (on my 2017 RX 350) - but not sure if it's the same as yours.

In my case, it seems that the noise occurs when going at low speeds (5 MPH - 10 MPH) and sounds louder when I turn right. It seems like a "bubbling" noise coming from outside the vehicle - maybe even a slight "clicking" noise. It also appears that the sound is coming from below the vehicle, but no one from the dealer so far (including myself when I was trying to self diagnose the issue) is able to isolate where the noise is coming from.

The vehicle is still at the dealer being investigated (5 days so far). They told me that they called an engineer from Lexus to help them out with diagnosis. They even told me that it seems like it hasn't been reported anywhere in the US yet, so it could be that they could come out with a TSB (service bulletin) from this investigation.

I'll keep you guys posted.
Ah the old "....seems like it hasn't been reported yet...." or "Haven't come across that before". I've heard those type of comments many, many times over the years at different dealers (brands) and when you check the net you find plenty of people with the same issues - car dealers the most trustworthy people on the planet.
The following users liked this post:
guanche2k9 (12-29-17)