RX - 4th Gen (2016-2022) Discussion topics related to the 2016 and up RX350 and RX450h models

Color Decision: Atomic Silver, Nebula Gray Pearl or Silver Lining Metallic?

Search this Thread

Old 06-29-17, 05:00 PM
apex47
Rookie

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Color Decision: Atomic Silver, Nebula Gray Pearl or Silver Lining Metallic?

Looking to pull the trigger on a fully loaded F-Sport with black interior but wanted to get additional feedback from current owners that have one of these colors and their pro/cons. I've only had black and white cars and think they both look great when clean but maintenance can be an issue sometimes with water spots, dirt etc. Looking for more of a charcoal, gray, and silver color now.

Some issues I've noticed or heard about each:

Atomic Silver - some say it looks beige sometimes, I'd prefer a true gray/silver than brown tones
Nebula Gray Pearl - I like a charcoal color but in person it also appears to have purple/blue gray tones
Silver Lining Metallic - wife's pick but seems dull to me sometimes and actually not even in stock here in SoCal. It would have to be special ordered for a F-Sport

Any input or pics helps. Thanks.

Last edited by apex47; 06-29-17 at 05:15 PM.
Old 06-29-17, 06:18 PM
Oldfart
Intermediate

Received 64 Likes on 46 Posts

I like them all.
I went with SLM just because dust is not as visible, basically for ease of maintenance but it is kind of plain color.
Atomic Silver was not available but I'd probably would go with it.
I like Nebula but any darker colors require more washing.

But they are all excellent choices.
Old 06-29-17, 06:43 PM
16rx350
Driver School Candidate

Received 5 Likes on 4 Posts

I ended up with the Silver Lining Metallic only because I bought the Manager's demo. It is a very common colour and hides the dirt well. If you're driving around you will notice that the majority of cars are either white, black or silver. Try finding your silver car in a parking lot and you'll know what I mean. Nebula Gray Pearl is a very rich paint colour and makes the Lexus look expensive but shows all the dirt. Atomic Silver is the colour I would choose between the 3 choices. It's not too dark nor too silver and will hide the dirt well. It's also a very unique colour choice even with the beige tone. From what you said about maintenance and preferring gray/silver tones I'm guessing of those 3 colour choices Silver Lining is the one for you! Have you thought about the Matador Red Mica or Nightfall Mica? Love the Nightfall Mica! Maybe your choice will be decided on who drives it the most. Good luck deciding!
Old 06-29-17, 08:27 PM
FSportWaxy
Rookie

Received 7 Likes on 6 Posts

I ended up going with Atomic Silver / Rioja Red interior. I love the color, on a cloudy day it's more of a metallic silver and in the sun I see shades of gold metallic. I wouldn't say it looks beige by any means. I also like having exclusiveness to my cars and I hear Lexus didn't make too many of the RX F sports in Atomic Silver in the US.

I had the AS lined up against Nebula Grey and Caviar, something about Atomic Silver that just stands out.
The following 2 users liked this post by FSportWaxy:
apex47 (06-30-17), Bigkondor (06-12-23)
Old 06-29-17, 10:40 PM
apex47
Rookie

Originally Posted by FSportWaxy
I ended up going with Atomic Silver / Rioja Red interior. I love the color, on a cloudy day it's more of a metallic silver and in the sun I see shades of gold metallic. I wouldn't say it looks beige by any means. I also like having exclusiveness to my cars and I hear Lexus didn't make too many of the RX F sports in Atomic Silver in the US.

I had the AS lined up against Nebula Grey and Caviar, something about Atomic Silver that just stands out.
I saw another model Lexus in the AS this afternoon and it looked amazing under the sun. How does it look when it's dirty in the day or night?
Old 06-30-17, 01:20 AM
acotugno
Driver

Received 43 Likes on 31 Posts

I just purchased a Nebula Gray F-Sport and I am very happy with it. Very easy to maintain and doesn't reveal dirt and dust too much at all. I also like the Atomic Silver a lot and had a difficult time choosing between the two. I chose the Nebula Gray because the color is a very close match with the color of the F-Sport wheels and it looks very uniform.
Attached Thumbnails Color Decision: Atomic Silver, Nebula Gray Pearl or Silver Lining Metallic?-img_0427.jpg   Color Decision: Atomic Silver, Nebula Gray Pearl or Silver Lining Metallic?-img_0440.jpg  
The following users liked this post:
apex47 (06-30-17)
Old 06-30-17, 02:08 AM
ggebhardt
Pole Position

Received 502 Likes on 380 Posts

I have both Nebula and black Venicles and the Nebula hides road dirt and water spots so much better than black. After both are washed and waxed the black always looks the best to me but the Nebula is more easy to maintain.
Old 06-30-17, 06:21 AM
apex47
Rookie

Originally Posted by acotugno
I just purchased a Nebula Gray F-Sport and I am very happy with it. Very easy to maintain and doesn't reveal dirt and dust too much at all. I also like the Atomic Silver a lot and had a difficult time choosing between the two. I chose the Nebula Gray because the color is a very close match with the color of the F-Sport wheels and it looks very uniform.
Sweet ride. I'm torn between Nebula and Atomic...
Old 06-30-17, 06:39 AM
NickL
Instructor

Received 323 Likes on 213 Posts

We were in between Atomic and Nebula and went with the Atomic. Now I see Atomic everywhere.
apex47 (06-30-17)
Old 06-30-17, 08:06 AM
FastFord
Racer

Received 345 Likes on 261 Posts

Originally Posted by apex47
Silver Lining Metallic - wife's pick
Looks like this would be the logical choice!
Old 06-30-17, 08:47 AM
dchar
Lexus Champion

Received 225 Likes on 179 Posts

I would go with Nebula grey. It's a nice grey that isn't too dark and not bad on maintenance of keeping clean. Like you said, Atomic silver has too much beige in some lighting. It's funny, sometimes family and friends see Atomic silver on the road and they think it looks nice (when it shines closer to grey and silver) but they don't like it other times (when it shines beige). Silver lining is kinda boring, but easiest to keep looking clean.
apex47 (06-30-17)
Old 06-30-17, 05:42 PM
Nail34
Intermediate

Received 109 Likes on 75 Posts

I have the Atomic Silver, by default, and to me it looks more like Atomic Bronze with a hint of silver and grey when it's in the sunlight. It doesn't show any pollen and a bit of dirt and I love the way it blends with the wheels.
My wife, the artist, loves the color and I get many compliments so I guess now I like it too. LOL
apex47 (07-02-17)
Old 07-02-17, 11:37 AM
RiojaATX
Driver School Candidate

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

I would've picked Atomic Silver but they didn't have one w/ Rioja Red in stock (37 F-sports at this dealership).
Ended up with Ultra White/Rioja...not a bad choice. Almost bought non-F sport atomic silver w/ black, but decided to try something new. It was also $7500 more expensive :]
Old 07-02-17, 11:49 AM
FSportWaxy
Rookie

Received 7 Likes on 6 Posts

Originally Posted by apex47
I saw another model Lexus in the AS this afternoon and it looked amazing under the sun. How does it look when it's dirty in the day or night?
At night the dirt doesn't really show, I can barely tell a difference between the car being washed that day. During the day, the AS hides the dirt very well...especially when cloudy. On a bright sunny day you'll notice the metallic not sparkling as much, but its still hard to tell if the car is actually "dirty". In my opinion, AS all around hides dirt extremely well.
apex47 (07-02-17)
Old 07-02-17, 12:16 PM
Olasek
Intermediate

Received 21 Likes on 17 Posts

Originally Posted by Nail34
I have the Atomic Silver, by default, and to me it looks more like Atomic Bronze ..
Hmm, I do have 2016 IS 350 Atomic Silver and for sure it never (regardless of lighting) looks "Bronze" to me (I wish it did!!).

Quick Reply: Color Decision: Atomic Silver, Nebula Gray Pearl or Silver Lining Metallic?