RX - 4th Gen (2016-2022) Discussion topics related to the 2016 and up RX350 and RX450h models

Lexus Enform App Suite

Search this Thread

Old 01-05-18, 03:01 AM
CaliTravel
Rookie

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Unhappy Lexus Enform App Suite

Just wondering if anyone else has trouble with the App Suite.

I really enjoy listening to Pandora as I find the sound quality is great through my ML speakers. My problem is there seems to be no rhyme or reason for why it works or why it doesn't. For the past few months it has been working sporadically, but only after I place a phone call. So, I would have to call someone and hangup and then pandora would automatically start to play...about 50% of the time. The other 50% I would get the generic "please call Lexus to activate" message.

Now, all of a sudden it will only play through my phone and not over the speakers. My bluetooth is clearly connected as I use it to make calls all day. I can see the pandora interface on my 12inch nav screen. I can control Pandora through the remote touch interface. Pause, skip, change stations. But the sound will only come out of my phone. I use a Samsung Galaxy 7 for work and an iPhone X for personal use. I have the same problem on either phone. They both connect to bluetooth and allow me to make phone calls, but the sound for Pandora (or any of the other music apps) refuses to come out through the car speakers. I've uninstalled and re-installed the apps. Done everything one should do to troubleshoot the problem and no luck yet.

When it works I love it! But the fact that it rarely works is frustrating!

As a quick side note, I'm a mid-20's silicon valley guy. So one would think I could figure this out!
Old 01-05-18, 09:12 AM
Nail34
Intermediate

Received 109 Likes on 75 Posts

Originally Posted by CaliTravel
Just wondering if anyone else has trouble with the App Suite.

I really enjoy listening to Pandora as I find the sound quality is great through my ML speakers. My problem is there seems to be no rhyme or reason for why it works or why it doesn't. For the past few months it has been working sporadically, but only after I place a phone call. So, I would have to call someone and hangup and then pandora would automatically start to play...about 50% of the time. The other 50% I would get the generic "please call Lexus to activate" message.

Now, all of a sudden it will only play through my phone and not over the speakers. My bluetooth is clearly connected as I use it to make calls all day. I can see the pandora interface on my 12inch nav screen. I can control Pandora through the remote touch interface. Pause, skip, change stations. But the sound will only come out of my phone. I use a Samsung Galaxy 7 for work and an iPhone X for personal use. I have the same problem on either phone. They both connect to bluetooth and allow me to make phone calls, but the sound for Pandora (or any of the other music apps) refuses to come out through the car speakers. I've uninstalled and re-installed the apps. Done everything one should do to troubleshoot the problem and no luck yet.

When it works I love it! But the fact that it rarely works is frustrating!

As a quick side note, I'm a mid-20's silicon valley guy. So one would think I could figure this out!
Have you called Lexus Enform to activate your acct.?? I had a very similar problem with the nav app, I tried calling Enform directly, on hold forever listening how important my call was every 30 seconds, grrrr. Even though I had an Enform acct. on my phone, it was not activated. Hint, use destination assist and they will connect you with a customer service agent and while you are hold it will be pleasantly quiet. And even if your acct has been activated they might be able to assist you.
Old 01-10-18, 09:48 AM
FSportWaxy
Rookie

Received 7 Likes on 6 Posts

Are you using a paid for subscription of Pandora, or free?

Oddly enough, I've found the free version to work flawlessly, and the paid for version has issues like you mentioned above. If paid, try using a device with the free version of Pandora installed and see if the issues continue.

Also, just to rule out any bluetooth connectivity issues, have you tried playing audio via USB/AUX? I'm also under the assumption that you always have app suite running in the background on your phone.