RX - 4th Gen (2016-2022) Discussion topics related to the 2016 and up RX350 and RX450h models

HUD Info

Search this Thread

Old 01-05-18, 03:12 AM
CaliTravel
Rookie

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default HUD Info

Is there anyway to customize the info shown on the HUD above and beyond the settings given?

One thing specifically I would appreciate seeing is the outside temperature. Every time I turn the car on it briefly (2-3 seconds) shows the outside temperature and then disappears. I wish there was an option to permanently have it displayed on the HUD.
Old 03-28-18, 04:37 PM
slypx
Driver

Received 40 Likes on 29 Posts

Removed...
picture was posted in the wrong post

Last edited by slypx; 03-30-18 at 08:04 AM. Reason: picture in wrong post ...
Old 03-29-18, 07:20 AM
mssca
Driver

Received 13 Likes on 11 Posts

You cannot make the temperature show up there all the time. It is not an available option on any of the Lexus vehicles.
In fact, I think Lexus engineers are idiots because this vehicle have very few customization options. They called it "connivance" and I called it BS.
You cannot customize the HUD, the navigation display, center screen, etc.
Old 03-29-18, 08:05 AM
slypx
Driver

Originally Posted by mssca
You cannot make the temperature show up there all the time. It is not an available option on any of the Lexus vehicles.
In fact, I think Lexus engineers are idiots because this vehicle have very few customization options. They called it "connivance" and I called it BS.
You cannot customize the HUD, the navigation display, center screen, etc.
You're right about temperature but there's plenty of adjustment available on the 2018 NX that you might not have on your RX...
Owner's book states these in the NX Canadian version - I've seen most of them but have yet to try them all on the road (only had the car for 1 1/2 day !)

· Vehicle speed
· Eco Driving Indicator
· Tachometer
· Shift position and shift range (Displays the selected shift position or selected shift range)
· Vehicle status information and indicators
· Audio display (Displays audio information for approximately 3 seconds when the audio system is operated
· Route guidance display (vehicles with navigation system) When approaching an intersection while the navigation system is giving route guidance, an arrow will automatically be displayed to indicate the direction of travel.
· Lane departure warning display (LDA [Lane Departure Alert with steering control])
· Approach warning display (Dynamic radar cruise control with full speed range)
· Pre-collision warning message (Pre-Collision System)
· Speed limit display (vehicles with navigation system)
· Parking Support Brake (for static objects) (if equipped)
· G monitor (if equipped)
· Boost Meter (if equipped)

Last edited by slypx; 03-30-18 at 08:01 AM.
Old 03-29-18, 09:49 AM
mssca
Driver

Received 13 Likes on 11 Posts

Originally Posted by slypx
Original goal of my post is to get support in the problem I have ...

BTW, you're right about temperature but there's plenty of adjustment available on the 2018 NX that you might not have on your RX...
Owner's book states these in the NX Canadian version - I've seen most of them but have yet to try them all on the road (only had the car for 1 1/2 day !)

· Vehicle speed
· Eco Driving Indicator
· Tachometer
· Shift position and shift range (Displays the selected shift position or selected shift range)
· Vehicle status information and indicators
· Audio display (Displays audio information for approximately 3 seconds when the audio system is operated
· Route guidance display (vehicles with navigation system) When approaching an intersection while the navigation system is giving route guidance, an arrow will automatically be displayed to indicate the direction of travel.
· Lane departure warning display (LDA [Lane Departure Alert with steering control])
· Approach warning display (Dynamic radar cruise control with full speed range)
· Pre-collision warning message (Pre-Collision System)
· Speed limit display (vehicles with navigation system)
· Parking Support Brake (for static objects) (if equipped)
· G monitor (if equipped)
· Boost Meter (if equipped)
Yes, but there are also limitations on my 2017 RX. For example, I have fully loaded Executive 2017 RX. No HD Traffic and no speed limit display in Canadian version. Compared to other luxury brands, it is disappointing. All Honda Civic/Accord/CRV 2017 models have HD traffic (plus lane departure, radar cruise control, blind-spot monitor, Apple CarPlay, Andorid Auto, but has no HUD) and Honda is not even a luxury brand. It is funny my brother's 2017 Honda Civic $30,000 has HD Traffic updates with Gamin GPS with 5 years free map updates while my $75,000 RX has none of those tech. I am thinking about buying a Honda for my next purchase. Why pay for less?

I guess it it all based on what you want from you vehicle. I travel across Alberta a lot for my work. I need an up to date GPS maps more than anything.

Anyway, back to your original question: unfortunately as far as I know, you cannot have the temperature on HUD permanently.

Last edited by mssca; 03-29-18 at 09:54 AM.
Old 03-29-18, 01:54 PM
JSracer
Instructor

Received 122 Likes on 103 Posts

My 450 has all those things, less the audio info I think.
speed, speed limit, lane keep and radar, nav, park sensors, all the other stuff
The following users liked this post:
slypx (03-30-18)
Old 03-30-18, 08:03 AM
slypx
Driver

Originally Posted by mssca
Yes, but there are also limitations on my 2017 RX. For example, I have fully loaded Executive 2017 RX. No HD Traffic and no speed limit display in Canadian version.
Canadian 2018 NX300 has the HD Traffic and speed limit info, I had to go into the settings to activate them
Old 03-30-18, 10:14 AM
JSracer
Instructor

Received 122 Likes on 103 Posts

Originally Posted by slypx
Canadian 2018 NX300 has the HD Traffic and speed limit info, I had to go into the settings to activate them
different vehicle , different year, guessing you realize you are posting in the rx area, correct?
Old 03-30-18, 10:18 AM
slypx
Driver

Originally Posted by JSracer
different vehicle , different year, guessing you realize you are posting in the rx area, correct?
I do, original poster was saying that HD traffic and Speed limit weren't available in Canada in his RX, just thought I would let him know that it is available in Canada maybe not in his RX but on some model including my 2018 NX with Enform 2.0, so there is hope for a future Canadian RX version of it.