RX - 4th Gen (2016-2022) Discussion topics related to the 2016 and up RX350 and RX450h models

Bluetooth Issue

Search this Thread

Old 01-11-18, 04:49 PM
mikemu30
Lexus Test Driver

Received 2,551 Likes on 1,819 Posts
Default Bluetooth Issue

My Galaxy S6 will no longer connect to the RX. It's listed there as available to connect but fails every time I try. Is there a way to "remove" the device and start all over? It appears only with the option to "add" but not remove. Thanks in advance. I've also rebooted the phone numerous times but that does nothing to resolve this.
Old 01-12-18, 09:20 AM
FSportWaxy
Rookie

Received 7 Likes on 6 Posts

Try this, on your S6:
  • Touch Apps.
  • Touch Settings.
  • Touch Bluetooth.
  • Touch the Options icon next to the device you want to unpair (should be listed as CarAccessorySystem)
  • Touch Unpair.
  • The pairing has been removed.
Once complete, re-pair your phone. That should do the trick.
Old 01-12-18, 09:58 AM
mikemu30
Lexus Test Driver

Thx - I had tried that but the RX doesn't appear there - only the other car that works with the S6. It was working fine for months then this.
Old 01-13-18, 05:05 PM
tomtom74
Driver

Received 21 Likes on 18 Posts

You might have same problem I had. My S5 stop connecting, but my son's S5 worked. My case it was the phone, and I did factory reset on the phone, but still didn't work. Have you tried connecting different Phone to your RX.
Old 01-13-18, 05:16 PM
mikemu30
Lexus Test Driver

Originally Posted by tomtom74
You might have same problem I had. My S5 stop connecting, but my son's S5 worked. My case it was the phone, and I did factory reset on the phone, but still didn't work. Have you tried connecting different Phone to your RX.
My wife's iPhone connects fine as did my S6 until recently. I thought about doing tg e phone reset but hate the thought of reconfiguring everything after that. One thing I noticed, the phone displays the message confirming a PIN buts it's not 0000 as the RX display indicates as it tries to pair. I wonder if that has any meaning.
Old 01-13-18, 07:55 PM
tomtom74
Driver

Received 21 Likes on 18 Posts

Originally Posted by mikemu30
My wife's iPhone connects fine as did my S6 until recently. I thought about doing tg e phone reset but hate the thought of reconfiguring everything after that. One thing I noticed, the phone displays the message confirming a PIN buts it's not 0000 as the RX display indicates as it tries to pair. I wonder if that has any meaning.
Sound like a phone has problem. I was thinking of upgrading so it wasn't big deal for me, but Verizon or Samsung couldn't figure out the problem. I got new phone now and it's working great.
Old 01-14-18, 06:39 AM
mikemu30
Lexus Test Driver

Originally Posted by tomtom74
Sound like a phone has problem. I was thinking of upgrading so it wasn't big deal for me, but Verizon or Samsung couldn't figure out the problem. I got new phone now and it's working great.
Not sure it's the phone since it works fine with our other car. I think I have to figure out how to make the RX forget the S6 and then start over. Problem is I don't know how to do that. The phone is listed on the RX screen with "ADD" but no option to "REMOVE" and each time I try to connect it, it fails.
Old 01-14-18, 06:06 PM
GSFRX350
Advanced

Received 159 Likes on 128 Posts

Not sure it's the phone since it works fine with our other car. I think I have to figure out how to make the RX forget the S6 and then start over. Problem is I don't know how to do that. The phone is listed on the RX screen with "ADD" but no option to "REMOVE" and each time I try to connect it, it fails.
So I guess you're not getting this....
Attached Thumbnails Bluetooth Issue-lexus-samsung-s6.jpg  
Old 01-14-18, 06:22 PM
mikemu30
Lexus Test Driver

Originally Posted by GSFRX350
So I guess you're not getting this....
Actually thats as far as i get. I select ADD and it tries to connect but fails.
Old 02-03-18, 05:09 PM
mikemu30
Lexus Test Driver

Well out of nowhere, my phone finally connected after numerous failed tries. No idea what went on here as I dont think I did anything differently this last time when it actually succeeded. Thanks everyone for responding.
Old 02-04-18, 03:46 AM
GSFRX350
Advanced

Received 159 Likes on 128 Posts

Well out of nowhere, my phone finally connected after numerous failed tries. No idea what went on here as I dont think I did anything differently this last time when it actually succeeded. Thanks everyone for responding.
I drove a work car for a year, Toyota Rav4, and it has a very similar bluetooth setup as the RX - my S6 connected MOST times but occasionally it wouldn't, just would not work and than just randomly half an hour or so later I'd be driving along and notice that it's connected. Never worked out though if it was the phone or car that was messing around with me.
Old 12-13-18, 07:11 PM
AlliCoops
Driver School Candidate

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Mobile loses bluetooth connection wtih 2018 lexus rx 350

bought a 2018 Lexus rx 350 and have had the same problem with 2 different samsung phones since then. I had the Galaxy s8 until the other day and upgraded to the Galaxy note9 this week after being told that may solve the issue. My carrier is Verizon. The Problem: the phone connects to the car bluetooth without a problem but it intermittently goes back and forth between the car and the phone throughout phone calls (and when I'm not on the phone). The car display will say "phone disconnected" for a few seconds then switch back to the car. I've been to the dealership 2x, called Verizon, and had the Samsung rep from Best Buy drive around with me (of course it did not do it during that time!). Does anyone know this fix?? If I need to get a different phone, I am happy to do so but need to do it soon so I don't have a penalty.
Old 12-13-18, 07:41 PM
RGSW
Intermediate

Received 109 Likes on 80 Posts

Might try pairing a friend's/family member's iPhone by Bluetooth to your car and try it for a day and see if it performs the same way as the Galaxy? If the iPhone works OK, then it might be a car/phone problem?
Old 12-15-18, 12:27 PM
Cocal
Racer

Received 343 Likes on 262 Posts

Originally Posted by AlliCoops
bought a 2018 Lexus rx 350 and have had the same problem with 2 different samsung phones since then. I had the Galaxy s8 until the other day and upgraded to the Galaxy note9 this week after being told that may solve the issue. My carrier is Verizon. The Problem: the phone connects to the car bluetooth without a problem but it intermittently goes back and forth between the car and the phone throughout phone calls (and when I'm not on the phone). The car display will say "phone disconnected" for a few seconds then switch back to the car. I've been to the dealership 2x, called Verizon, and had the Samsung rep from Best Buy drive around with me (of course it did not do it during that time!). Does anyone know this fix?? If I need to get a different phone, I am happy to do so but need to do it soon so I don't have a penalty.
My Samsung superprime quite often won't ring after dialing,but dies; it will ring on the subsequent call, annoying, but I don't know if the problem is with the carrier or the phone, I suspect it's the phone.
Old 12-18-18, 07:39 AM
offroad200
Instructor

Received 164 Likes on 122 Posts

Originally Posted by AlliCoops
Typically this issue is caused by having text messaging enabled and you have way too many texts saved on your phone. On Android phones, the car will pull over every single text on your phone every time you start the car. Just the way Android works. Most people NEVER delete old texts. So it just overwhelms the Lexus system. Samsungs seem worst with this as they tweak the crap out of the stock Android system. You have 2 choices. Disable the texts from coming thru to the car or delete old texts. Try and keep it around 50 texts per person.

Quick Reply: Bluetooth Issue