RX - 4th Gen (2016-2022) Discussion topics related to the 2016 and up RX350 and RX450h models

DIY - Reduce/Eliminate Console Squeaks

Search this Thread

Old 07-26-21, 11:00 AM
ravenuer
Racer

Received 505 Likes on 382 Posts

Originally Posted by G6612
I have a 2021 RX350 F Sport with about 3100 miles on the clock and I just picked up a buzz type rattle coming from the phone slot. (the slot right in front of the cup holders) While driving it will vibrate and buzz and it kind of drives me crazy as we all know these cars are extremely quiet and when something like this happens its like magnified. So anyone else have this issue and came up with a fix? When I put my fingers into the slot and push down the buzz stops so I at least believe that I narrowed it down to this correctly.
3100 miles? Dealer.
Old 07-27-21, 07:21 AM
autotech13
Advanced

Received 208 Likes on 157 Posts

Originally Posted by G6612
I have a 2021 RX350 F Sport with about 3100 miles on the clock and I just picked up a buzz type rattle coming from the phone slot. (the slot right in front of the cup holders) While driving it will vibrate and buzz and it kind of drives me crazy as we all know these cars are extremely quiet and when something like this happens its like magnified. So anyone else have this issue and came up with a fix? When I put my fingers into the slot and push down the buzz stops so I at least believe that I narrowed it down to this correctly.
Yep! Take it back to the dealer. These cars cost a fortune and there is no need to have rattles.
Old 07-28-21, 09:11 AM
E46CT
Lexus Test Driver

Received 2,215 Likes on 1,658 Posts

Good thread. I had two 2021 ESs, first one had 5 creaks/rattles which I fixed similar to the above with tape (man that peel and stick felt cloth looks awesome)

My second 2021 ES is perfectly quiet. No rattles or noises. but still I felt taped the two side knee pads as it only takes 2 min per side.

Old 08-11-21, 05:49 AM
G6612
Rookie

Received 39 Likes on 9 Posts
Default Vibration buzz/rattle from center console

I have a 2021 RX350 F Sport that has developed a buzz while driving from the center console. I just had it in for the 6 month service and I told them about the noise and they thought it was the trim along the side of the console. (noise came back in a day) While driving if I touch ever so slightly the phone holder slot the noise stops. Now I can say my trim or the top if this plastic piece does have some flex to it and it does move quite a bit. Funny thing is I removed the rubber insert from this slot and it appears that it may have stopped at least while driving to work this morning so still up in the air about the resolution of this problem as it drives me crazy!!! To explain the noise I would compare it to if you say having your sunglasses in your sun glass holder and and the vibration causes them to buzz. That is not the issue in this case as my sunglasses are on my face. Anyone have this issue or may have a solution please let me know as the strange thing is the insert is rubber and I find it strange that it would cause a noise. May put some silicon grease on the tab inserts on the rubber inserts to see if they may help ?????
Old 08-12-21, 01:17 PM
bkhenry
6th Gear

Received 6 Likes on 3 Posts

I have a noise coming from the drivers door on rough roads and when I make a right turn. I noticed if I pull the flap out on the map pocket it goes away. Not sure how to eliminate the noise without the flap being pulled out. Any suggestions.
Old 08-24-21, 08:38 AM
csinsc
Driver School Candidate

Received 11 Likes on 5 Posts

Thank you for this guide and all the people that participated in it... I took my center console side pieces and armrest/track pad out today and taped it all up. Dramatically reduced the noises.

How do you get the silver trim piece/s off of the area that covers the area above the center console?
Old 10-10-21, 08:26 AM
Dizzyh
Driver School Candidate

Received 18 Likes on 8 Posts
Default 2018 RX 350 Center Console Removal

Hello All,

How can I remove the center console/storage box in my 2018 RX 350? I need to replace the amplifier in my vehicle because there is no audio. It seems like the amplifier on this car is located under the center console instead of in the trunk area.

Thanks in advance!

Last edited by Dizzyh; 10-10-21 at 08:39 AM.
Old 11-03-21, 09:09 AM
jimbosr1
Pole Position

Received 170 Likes on 129 Posts
Default Dash rattle solved!

My 2021 RX-350 developed a rattle in the gauge cluster area on and off. I started tapping above the gauge cluster and worked my way to the windshield and found the rattle coming from the cover that is used for the non heads up models where the cover and dash meet.
There is a grove that goes around that cover you will see it through the windshield. First get some soft foam and cut it a little bigger then grove and use a trim tool and force the foam into the grove that's running parallel with the dash.
To check your repair just tap along the top of the gauge cluster to the windshield you should not hear anything besides the tapping sound.
I took a drive on a few crappy roads and the rattle is gone!
The following 2 users liked this post by jimbosr1:
jollick (11-04-21), ravenuer (11-03-21)
Old 01-23-22, 11:21 PM
Kelvin2020
Driver

Received 44 Likes on 15 Posts
Default 2020 RX 350 center console rattle

Hey guys, I experienced a center console rattle on my 2020 Lexus RX350. It sounds like it’s from rear passenger vents area(I guess). I noticed this when I over speed bump, even at low speed. It sounds like something is being squeezed. It happened only when two rear wheel went over the speed bump, I didn’t notice anything when the front wheel went over it. I record a video to show y’all, so you guys can have better idea what I am taking about.

Any one experienced this before?
Attached Files
File Type: mov
IMG_2381.MOV (2.47 MB, 66 views)
Old 02-15-22, 09:06 PM
GS4_Fiend
Lexus Test Driver

Received 113 Likes on 86 Posts

Thanks for the thread.
Old 05-06-22, 05:53 PM
Badhobz
Instructor

Received 633 Likes on 335 Posts

so i was at the dealership today grabbing some cheapy air freshner for the RX (refills are only a dollar!) and i saw a 2019 RX. I was curious if the centre console arm rest squeaked and YUP, it squeaks like crazy as soon as you put your arm on it. I think this is a common failure point.

https://lexusboutique.ca/store.php/p...air-freshener-

since i did those upgrades to eliminate noise last year, its still holding and the RX is still tomb quiet. I really like the double panel glass they put in the RX. so much quieter with that setup.

Last edited by Badhobz; 05-06-22 at 05:57 PM.
Old 05-06-22, 08:33 PM
GSFRX350
Advanced

Received 159 Likes on 128 Posts

Originally Posted by Badhobz
so i was at the dealership today grabbing some cheapy air freshner for the RX (refills are only a dollar!) and i saw a 2019 RX. I was curious if the centre console arm rest squeaked and YUP, it squeaks like crazy as soon as you put your arm on it. I think this is a common failure point.

since i did those upgrades to eliminate noise last year, its still holding and the RX is still tomb quiet. I really like the double panel glass they put in the RX. so much quieter with that setup.
Did you get the door squeak fixed, where you rest your arm?
Old 05-06-22, 10:21 PM
Badhobz
Instructor

Yeah. i havent noticed any real squeaks or rattles in the car. highly highly recommend you guys go through page 1-2-3 of this thread and do all the necessary taping
Old 05-06-22, 11:32 PM
GSFRX350
Advanced

Received 159 Likes on 128 Posts

Yeah. i havent noticed any real squeaks or rattles in the car. highly highly recommend you guys go through page 1-2-3 of this thread and do all the necessary taping
Thanks, I didn't see where you explained what you did with the door. Is it easy to remove the door lining, I assume you did that?

Old 05-07-22, 06:31 AM
Badhobz
Instructor

I didn’t take any pictures but it was the plastic trim right underneath the seatbelt bracket. I just popped that open and did the same taping. Just go slow, and use pry tools if you have them do you don’t damage the plastic or the brackets.
The following users liked this post:
GSFRX350 (05-07-22)

Quick Reply: DIY - Reduce/Eliminate Console Squeaks