RX - 4th Gen (2016-2022) Discussion topics related to the 2016 and up RX350 and RX450h models

How to use iHeartRadio?

Search this Thread

Old 01-31-18 | 11:34 AM
guxu
Pole Position

Default How to use iHeartRadio?

Finally I set up the Lexus app suite to use iHeartRadio. But I cannot figure out how to navigate on certain screens. Sometimes I feel there are more items available (there can't be only 4 Rock playlists), but I cannot move to the next page. Is there a manual for those apps?

Last edited by guxu; 01-31-18 at 02:59 PM.
Old 01-31-18 | 06:46 PM
guxu
Pole Position

To answer my own question, we can only access the 1st screen when car is moving. This does not make much sense since we can access multiple screens when listening FM or XM.
Old 02-01-18 | 03:41 AM
JSracer
Instructor

http://www.beatsonicusa.com/if04ep.html/ or
http://www.beatsonicusa.com/nsd6223ep.html

either of these options will allow access to in motion menus. still need to install my screen mirroring kit, it sitting on the table.
Old 02-01-18 | 07:01 AM
guxu
Pole Position

At least the favourite does not have the motion limit. So if I do my homework and add all stations I want to listen to favourite, I should be OK.

The motion limit on iHeartRadio is ridiculous. For live stations, while moving, you can only select the stations near you, and you can only access 4 stations. Well, for stations near me, I can listen them using FM radio. And I can scan all of them. Also it does not remember the set volume.

The positive side, to listen iHeartRadio, we do not need to start enform on phone first. It will just use phone's data. And data usage seems pretty low. It is lower than using iHeartRadio on the phone and streaming the audio via bluetooth.
Old 02-05-18 | 12:11 PM
guxu
Pole Position

Am I the only one using iHeartRadio on Lexus? Now I have a "null" (computer language, meaning "nothing") in my favourite and cannot remove it. The iHeartRadio app on my phone is fine.
Old 02-05-18 | 01:10 PM
mcomer
Lead Lap

Quick overview of what Lexus Enform App Suite does/does not do.
We can certainly open nearly any audio App and play it through Bluetooth without LEAS.
You can control the volume on the steering wheel and the tone controls on screen.
What you cannot select genre or playlists, you can only "skip" to the next song.

If you download and configure LEAS and teach it the E-Mail/password you enrolled in
Pandora/iHeartRadio/Slacker (but not Spotify) by opening the small gear icon on the lower right
you will then find that the control of the App is available on screen.
Small but very important note: You MUST sweep the App OFF your phone...if the app is
running on the phone, the phone is still controlling it. When the music app is off but LEAS
is running then you see and control it from the screen and remote control.

The music apps are just the gravy, the real value in App Suite is to enter Navigation commands
using the superior voice recognition and data base of your phone rather than the Lexus.
If the map is showing when you press the talk button, the car is doing it. Press the talk button
and say "Launch Destination Search <not Assist>" and you will see a blue screen. Press talk
again and say what you see, ie., Walt Disney World, Kissimmee FL. Bam - your in!
Old 02-08-18 | 12:08 PM
guxu
Pole Position

Configured Pandora too. My account and playlists created many years ago are still there! On RX, the user interface is clean (because Pandora does not have many features anyway?) but it freezes a lot.

The "null" in iHeartRadio was because an El Paso station. Lexus Enform must be using a different data interface than the app does. Using Lexus App suite, while parked, I could not even find that station. I deleted the station from my favorite. After several days, eventually the "null" station is gone.

The data usage rate is about 20 MB per hour for either iHeartRadio or Pandora.