RX - 4th Gen (2016-2022) Discussion topics related to the 2016 and up RX350 and RX450h models

New owner with a few questions

Search this Thread

Old 03-03-18 | 08:06 PM
17SWFL
Driver School Candidate

Default New owner with a few questions

Hello just picked up a slightly used 17 with the Luxury package, Nav and a moon roof. How do I tell if the vehicle has any other options that I'm missing. So far I love the car and ride. I know it has Parking assist, how do I tell if it has Blind side warning? I know it doesnt have power second row.

Looking at the manuals, it looks like it will be a while before I figure everything out.

Last question, does anyone know what this is? I found it in the rear hatch area
Attached Thumbnails New owner with a few questions-2018-03-03-09.58.53.jpg   New owner with a few questions-2018-03-03-09.58.49.jpg  
Old 03-03-18 | 08:44 PM
mssca
Driver

Blind spot monitor feature in the settings menu which is accessed by the center screen in the middle of the instrument cluster. Go to the last item on the main menu (which is settings) --> I think it is listed as BSM.

My Canadian Luxury package has power and heated back seats. May the US version has no power seats for the passengers?

I have no idea what it is on the images. Sorry.
Old 03-04-18 | 07:16 AM
mikemu30
Lexus Test Driver

Is that the first aid kit? I see what looks like Velcro but the kit is clearly marked.
Old 03-04-18 | 08:41 AM
SoCalRX
Intermediate

Here's a link to the brochure for the 2017 US RX that has the information on what was available: 2017 US RX

Your dealership should be able to tell what options came with your build through your VIN. Did you get the Monroney (window sticker) with it?

I've gone through the rear area of my RX and cannot find the pieces you've shown. Maybe pieces are off something the previous owner had and they fell off?
Old 03-04-18 | 11:13 AM
17SWFL
Driver School Candidate

Here are a few pics of the car. If anyone can tell what it has by these pics, feel free to LMK
Attached Thumbnails New owner with a few questions-1920-2-.jpg   New owner with a few questions-1920-4-.jpg   New owner with a few questions-1920-5-.jpg   New owner with a few questions-1920-11-.jpg   New owner with a few questions-1920-13-.jpg  

New owner with a few questions-1920-14-.jpg   New owner with a few questions-1920-15-.jpg   New owner with a few questions-1920-19-.jpg   New owner with a few questions-1920-21-.jpg   New owner with a few questions-1920-23-.jpg  

New owner with a few questions-1920-10-.jpg   New owner with a few questions-1920-18-.jpg  
Old 03-04-18 | 11:55 AM
ericsan13
Racer

Originally Posted by 17SWFL
Hello just picked up a slightly used 17 with the Luxury package, Nav and a moon roof. How do I tell if the vehicle has any other options that I'm missing. So far I love the car and ride. I know it has Parking assist, how do I tell if it has Blind side warning? I know it doesnt have power second row.

Looking at the manuals, it looks like it will be a while before I figure everything out.

Last question, does anyone know what this is? I found it in the rear hatch area
You are looking at one of the two 'rests' that the cargo cover rests on when retracted. Take a look at the underside of your cargo cover and there will be two holes for screws, probably stripped. Mine was defective on the drivers side of the car and had to be replaced under warranty. The screws kept falling out after they put it back and now I wonder if this is a manufacturing problem.
The following users liked this post:
17SWFL (03-04-18)
Old 03-04-18 | 01:48 PM
17SWFL
Driver School Candidate

Originally Posted by ericsan13
You are looking at one of the two 'rests' that the cargo cover rests on when retracted. Take a look at the underside of your cargo cover and there will be two holes for screws, probably stripped. Mine was defective on the drivers side of the car and had to be replaced under warranty. The screws kept falling out after they put it back and now I wonder if this is a manufacturing problem.

Eric.... Ding, ding, ding.. You are correct. Thank you for identifying it. You can even tell in the pictures that the right side of the rear sunshade is misaligned.
Old 03-04-18 | 01:53 PM
17SWFL
Driver School Candidate

Okay, I also discovered the rear hatch does have the touch-less feature. We also have blindside and parking assist. As well as auto folding mirrors. However what is odd is I don't see the rear door sunshades, nor do I see any anchors at the top of the window frame for them to anchor too. Yet all the literature says the Luxury package has Rear-door sunshades. Am I missing something obvious?
Old 03-04-18 | 02:04 PM
17SWFL
Driver School Candidate

Any idea what would have added to the vehicle that they felt it necessary to reduce load carrying capacity by 8 pounds. Would this have been dealer or factory added?
Attached Thumbnails New owner with a few questions-2018-03-03-09.56.58.jpg  
Old 03-04-18 | 02:40 PM
JSracer
Instructor

Originally Posted by 17SWFL
Okay, I also discovered the rear hatch does have the touch-less feature. We also have blindside and parking assist. As well as auto folding mirrors. However what is odd is I don't see the rear door sunshades, nor do I see any anchors at the top of the window frame for them to anchor too. Yet all the literature says the Luxury package has Rear-door sunshades. Am I missing something obvious?
Doesn't look like you have a lux package, wrong seat stitching, wrong wood by the shifter, and as you found no rear sunshades.
Seat stitching, say lower cushion has a wider double down the middle, wheels have colored inserts, and the rear doors sunshade. Also lux has illumination in the interior, ambient lighting, other little things too.

Last edited by JSracer; 03-04-18 at 03:04 PM.
Old 03-04-18 | 04:49 PM
ut2sua
Pole Position

I believe your car has the 20 inch premium wheels that also confirm that the car doesn't have the luxury package (different wheels for lux). I believe the car doesn't have Mark Levinson sound looking at your pic
Old 03-04-18 | 04:53 PM
ut2sua
Pole Position

Originally Posted by ut2sua
I believe your car has the 20 inch premium wheels that also confirm that the car doesn't have the luxury package (different wheels for lux). I believe the car doesn't have Mark Levinson sound looking at your pic
Also, no pano view (the view that shows everything around the car) looking at one of the pic. Sorry, it is easier to identify what doesn't come with the car.
Old 03-04-18 | 04:54 PM
ut2sua
Pole Position

It is a FWD model (not AWD).
Old 03-04-18 | 05:03 PM
JSracer
Instructor

Ut2sua, those options are not included in a lux, they are additional. Not sure if your just pointing out options the vehicle does not have or why you would do that.
My response was because the op was asking about not having the rear sunshade on their thought to be lux.
Old 03-04-18 | 05:13 PM
ut2sua
Pole Position

Originally Posted by JSracer
Ut2sua, those options are not included in a lux, they are additional. Not sure if your just pointing out options the vehicle does not have or why you would do that.
My response was because the op was asking about not having the rear sunshade on their thought to be lux.
You are correct, I was just pointing out things. Not sure if that is appreciated by the OP. Maybe I should just shut up

Quick Reply: New owner with a few questions