RX - 4th Gen (2016-2022) Discussion topics related to the 2016 and up RX350 and RX450h models

OEM Michelin, OEM Bridgestone Vs Other (merged threads)

Search this Thread

Old 03-07-20, 12:22 PM
ABbirds
Driver

Received 7 Likes on 7 Posts

Originally Posted by gadgetman1
I dumped the worn out Crapstones at 22,000 miles for Pirelli Scorpions. I couldn’t drive in the rain at that point. The Pirellis have a much longer warranty, ride quietly, are way smoother & wear much better. Lexus must have found the cheapest garbage tire they could find & put it on the RX, their best seller. Go figure!
Thank you, that's what discount tire suggested yesterday.It's hard to believe any tires wear out in < 25000 miles in two years!
Old 03-11-20, 08:43 AM
kmiller882
Pit Crew

Received 49 Likes on 34 Posts

Look back thru this thread to this summer. Someone on here bought those Goodyear’s. I’m curious how they are doing. I bought Pirelli Scorpions & I’m happy with them so far.
I bought Pirelli Scorption Verde AS PLUS II yesterday, one of my michelin tires somehow got a "crack" in the groove which was not repairable. Since they had about 5/32" left on all tires, I just replaced them all. I'm hoping the scorpions will give better mileage and life, we shall see. I'd be curious how yours are doing.

Old 04-08-20, 09:34 AM
sktech
Driver School Candidate

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

I've recently installed Goodyear Assurance Weatherready on my 18 RX350, my wife's 13 CX-9, and my mom's CR-V. and it's been solid tire all around. My wife and mom had no complaints over the winter with snow and ice, and so far it's working well for me with ride comfort and handling, as well. There's a huge rebate going on currently on these tires so I'd check them out if you're in the market for new tires.
Old 04-08-20, 02:36 PM
gadgetman1
Racer

Received 215 Likes on 170 Posts

Originally Posted by kmiller882
I bought Pirelli Scorption Verde AS PLUS II yesterday, one of my michelin tires somehow got a "crack" in the groove which was not repairable. Since they had about 5/32" left on all tires, I just replaced them all. I'm hoping the scorpions will give better mileage and life, we shall see. I'd be curious how yours are doing.

So far, so good. A big change for me is I have not been driving the car much at all, but with 8,000 miles so far, they are wearing WAY better than the Crapstones.
Old 04-08-20, 02:39 PM
gadgetman1
Racer

Originally Posted by sktech
I've recently installed Goodyear Assurance Weatherready on my 18 RX350, my wife's 13 CX-9, and my mom's CR-V. and it's been solid tire all around. My wife and mom had no complaints over the winter with snow and ice, and so far it's working well for me with ride comfort and handling, as well. There's a huge rebate going on currently on these tires so I'd check them out if you're in the market for new tires.
Thanks for the info! I wish you great luck with those tires. I think just about anything is an improvement over the OEM junk. I’ve had many Goodyear tires over the years & always had great service out of them. If I did have an issue, Goodyear made it right. BUY AMERICAN!!
The following users liked this post:
Philthy84 (05-27-20)
Old 04-08-20, 05:05 PM
Marqevans
Instructor

Received 47 Likes on 37 Posts

Originally Posted by sktech

Are they relatively quiet?
Old 04-09-20, 08:46 AM
ss777
Driver School Candidate

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I replaced short-lived OEM Michelins (at 30k) with the Pirelli Scorpion Verde AS PLUS II -- I am quite impressed so far (~2k miles). Quieter and better handling - especially in the wet - than the Michelins IMHO. Hopefully they will last longer as well ...
Old 04-12-20, 07:30 PM
garyclee
Driver School Candidate

Received 6 Likes on 4 Posts
Default New Pirelli Scorpion Verde All Season Plus II

Has anyone else tried the new Pirelli tire that was released mid-late last year? If so, could you please provide details in terms of ride quality and the tire size you had installed. Thanks
Old 04-12-20, 08:13 PM
gadgetman1
Racer

Originally Posted by garyclee
Has anyone else tried the new Pirelli tire that was released mid-late last year? If so, could you please provide details in terms of ride quality and the tire size you had installed. Thanks
Are we supposed to guess what tire that is?
Old 04-12-20, 11:50 PM
garyclee
Driver School Candidate

Received 6 Likes on 4 Posts

Are we supposed to guess what tire that is?
I'm sorry I had the tire name in the title of my post. It's the Pirelli Scorpion Verde All Season Plus II, the one that the previous poster above me has installed. I saw your previous posts but yours is the Plus, not the Plus II. Wondering if there are further improvements to ride handling and comfort or if it was upgraded for the worse.
Old 04-13-20, 06:52 PM
Dhaka
Rookie

Received 15 Likes on 9 Posts

I assiduously avoid Pirellis because one blew out while I was driving at 65 MPH on a four-lane highway. My car landed in the median and flipped. I am lucky to be alive.
Old 04-13-20, 09:02 PM
GSFRX350
Advanced

Received 159 Likes on 128 Posts

Originally Posted by Dhaka

I assiduously avoid Pirellis because one blew out while I was driving at 65 MPH on a four-lane highway. My car landed in the median and flipped. I am lucky to be alive.
Any tyre will blow if you hit the wrong thing.
Old 04-14-20, 07:19 AM
gadgetman1
Racer

One time I ate peas & they gave me diarrhea - therefore I don’t eat peas anymore. Your statement has zero scientific method & is 100% personal opinion.
The following users liked this post:
Piney1 (12-11-20)
Old 04-14-20, 10:09 AM
ravenuer
Racer

Received 506 Likes on 383 Posts

You no doubt hit something in the road causing significant damage to your tire. I'm pretty certain that no matter what brand tire was on your car at that moment, the result would have been exactly the same.
Your opinion of Pirellis is certainly understandable, but they are in no way "junk" tires.
Old 04-14-20, 06:19 PM
Dhaka
Rookie

Received 15 Likes on 9 Posts

No, I did not hit anything. The highway patrol determined after considerable evaluation what happened was a tire blowout.

Quick Reply: OEM Michelin, OEM Bridgestone Vs Other (merged threads)