RX - 4th Gen (2016-2022) Discussion topics related to the 2016 and up RX350 and RX450h models

Lane Keep Assist and Lane Centering

Search this Thread

Old 05-12-21 | 04:12 AM
rxtimes2
Intermediate

YEP, almost unusable.
The following users liked this post:
exonw (05-18-21)
Old 05-12-21 | 05:08 AM
golferjack
Advanced

Originally Posted by rxtimes2
YEP, almost unusable.
Agree. It is more of a hassel to baby sit it vs just drive normal.. Not sure what it is really good for other than driving down a straight, well marked road.
Old 05-12-21 | 10:54 AM
Denzo
Driver

almost unusable.
With my RX450 F-Sport, 2018.. lane assistant active, I think the police will arrest me at some point. they think i'm drunk! .. left right left right
left right then full power left or right over the line into the wall. With bright daylight and the if the lines are thick and white, it works a little better.
it's almost as funny as using the voice assistant in the vehicle. one way or another, I still love my RX !!. i compared the lane assistant with audi or bmw, the same "malfunctions" with the lane assistant .. also does not work as desired. the technology is not ready yet.
exonw (05-18-21)
Old 05-16-21 | 10:08 PM
Uzcanadian
Driver School Candidate

Originally Posted by Denzo
almost unusable.
With my RX450 F-Sport, 2018.. lane assistant active, I think the police will arrest me at some point. they think i'm drunk! .. left right left right
left right then full power left or right over the line into the wall. With bright daylight and the if the lines are thick and white, it works a little better.
it's almost as funny as using the voice assistant in the vehicle. one way or another, I still love my RX !!. i compared the lane assistant with audi or bmw, the same "malfunctions" with the lane assistant .. also does not work as desired. the technology is not ready yet.

Haha my thoughts exactly, mine wobbles back and forth at best and at worse, would leave me dead in a ditch without correction. Horrible piece of bad engineering.
Old 05-17-21 | 05:09 AM
TBurns
Driver School Candidate

You can adjust the sensitive which will help with the wondering.
Old 05-17-21 | 08:54 AM
mcomer
Lead Lap

LKA sensitivity has two levels, standard and high.
Press the right steering wheel Menu button ( three overlapping pages)
Default screen in the Driver Information Center (DIC) between the
Tach and Speedo is Miles per Gallon.
Press the left arrow on the "4 square" rocker to move from Info to Settings
Press the up arrow to get to LKA (LTA - Lane Trace Assist on some models)
Press the White Dot button (OK on some cars) to open submenu.
Press the down arrow to find Sensitivity.
Highlight Standard and press the White Dot to change to High.
Now the system will oscillate less.

Reactions will be different when the Radar Cruise is active. While I did not previously
use cruise control much I have begun engaging the cruise but not setting a speed so
the two systems work together. Agree with everyone that this is early tech and will
need a bit of refinement. Early Automatic transmissions were not smooth either, right?
Old 05-17-21 | 09:36 PM
Uzcanadian
Driver School Candidate

I’ll try increasing the sensitivity. Yes, indeed the 8 speed needed work when it was used in 2017 no question. Sounds like it might be improved now. I just don’t understand why luxury car makers think these days that gadgets that may or may not even work right define a luxury car. To me and hopefully some other people still, a luxury car is a vehicle with a smooth ride, refinement, high quality materials and quite. I don’t give a tinkers toot what the latest gadget is.
Old 05-20-21 | 04:26 PM
yoyofish
Driver School Candidate

Default Adaptive cruise control with lane centering function issue

Any buyer realize that when the adaptive cruise control with lane centering function is on, the car kept pushing to the right side? The car also cannot recognize the dotted lane that well. Lexus shop said this is how it is. The technology seem to be not that mature at all.
Old 05-20-21 | 04:29 PM
Cocal
Racer

Originally Posted by yoyofish
Any buyer realize that when the adaptive cruise control with lane centering function is on, the car kept pushing to the right side? The car also cannot recognize the dotted lane that well. Lexus shop said this is how it is. The technology seem to be not that mature at all.
Not on my 2017 when ON cruise the LKA keeps the vehicle right between the 2 lines, when NOT on cruise it tends to wonder a bit.
Old 05-20-21 | 06:04 PM
053xr
Driver School Candidate

Default Mine keeps wondering

Just went on a 6 hrs trip and played with lane tracking assist quite a bit - it simply keeps wondering all the time, which normally I wouldn’t mind but easing off on the steering wheel (to let it do wonder) results in a “hold the steering wheel” warning. So kinda have to “fight” the wonders which gets tiring quickly and turning off LTA feels like such a relief… agree, the system needs to mature a bit… keeping it off for now.
rxtimes2 (05-21-21)
Old 05-20-21 | 06:51 PM
Tarkus
Pit Crew

There is a menu option to increase the sensitivity to reduce wandering.
Old 05-20-21 | 09:20 PM
Uzcanadian
Driver School Candidate

Agreed. The system is a bit of a joke. Wish I could have bought one without it.
Old 05-21-21 | 07:48 AM
Nail34
Intermediate

You might want to read this thread:
https://www.clublexus.com/forums/rx-...centering.html
Old 05-21-21 | 07:50 AM
Nkd15
Driver School Candidate

I ended up turning off lane centering but keeping on lake keeping assist and it feels easier to use
Old 05-21-21 | 08:12 AM
chuckNX
Advanced

+1 on the wandering. I have not played with the settings enough. I don't think there are enough sensors and data being collected to ensure a more straight and consistent assistance mode.

Quick Reply: Lane Keep Assist and Lane Centering