RX - 4th Gen (2016-2022) Discussion topics related to the 2016 and up RX350 and RX450h models

Bluetooth Phone Audio Issue

Search this Thread

Old 03-21-18, 08:30 AM
LizF
Driver School Candidate

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Bluetooth Phone Audio Issue

I have a 2016 RX350 and recently am experiencing low volume when on a phone call. I disconnected and reconnected my iPhone 6 and have made sure the volume for phone calls was at the max setting. The person can hear me, although they say I sound as if I am in a tunnel. I cannot hear my caller...sounds like volume is at the minimum. The radio. CD and Bluetooth audio for my music is otherwise fine.
Old 03-21-18, 10:14 AM
guxu
Pole Position

Received 32 Likes on 27 Posts

Let dealer check the microphone. My service adviser said it's a common problem.

Some 4RX have sunroof leaking problem. The water will accumulate and eventually drip out from the microphone hole. Maybe it is related to water damage.
The following users liked this post:
LizF (03-21-18)
Old 03-21-18, 11:19 AM
LizF
Driver School Candidate

Thanks for answering .I have had the car for a year and 5 months and have opened the sunroof once. I am assuming then that the phone speaker is separate from the radio speaker? My radio and cd sound is unaffected.
Old 03-21-18, 11:40 AM
Mike728
Lead Lap

Received 643 Likes on 483 Posts

The audio you hear will have nothing to do with the mic. Are you increasing the volume on your phone, while in a call? There are other ways to do this, but it's just the easiest to do without going through the menus.
The following users liked this post:
LizF (03-24-18)
Old 03-21-18, 12:21 PM
guxu
Pole Position

Received 32 Likes on 27 Posts

Oh, I misread your post. I thought your caller could not hear you. My bad.
Old 03-21-18, 01:54 PM
My450H
Rookie

Received 8 Likes on 8 Posts

I find that the bluetooth reception to my Samsung Note 8 for playback on the car's speaker is kinda low also. Meaning I have to crank up the car's volume over 45 to have the same level as the radio (25). This is with Youtube music. My car is 2018.

Anyway, OP, you can test your problem with a different phone to determine where the phone lies. My last phone Iphone 6s plus had the same problem where I could not hear the listener through the earpiece. The speaker phone on the iphone wasn't much better. But this was all about the iphone.
Old 03-21-18, 03:20 PM
LizF
Driver School Candidate

Mike728, I will try that on my phone. I have the volume in the car's audio for phone calls at the max. I think that I will test it on another phone...thanks, that's a good idea. I will first try to increase the volume on my phone while on a call
Old 03-24-18, 02:39 PM
LizF
Driver School Candidate

Mike728. While connected on Bluetooth call, I increased the volume on my phone!!! That was it. The Bluetooth volume on the phone was turned down. Such an easy fix! Thank you so much!!
Old 03-25-18, 08:31 AM
Mike728
Lead Lap

Received 643 Likes on 483 Posts

Originally Posted by LizF
Mike728. While connected on Bluetooth call, I increased the volume on my phone!!! That was it. The Bluetooth volume on the phone was turned down. Such an easy fix! Thank you so much!!
Awesome! Glad that's all it was.
Old 10-03-18, 05:53 AM
DrunkFuX
Rookie

Received 2 Likes on 1 Post

Originally Posted by My450H
I find that the bluetooth reception to my Samsung Note 8 for playback on the car's speaker is kinda low also. Meaning I have to crank up the car's volume over 45 to have the same level as the radio (25). This is with Youtube music. My car is 2018.

Anyway, OP, you can test your problem with a different phone to determine where the phone lies. My last phone Iphone 6s plus had the same problem where I could not hear the listener through the earpiece. The speaker phone on the iphone wasn't much better. But this was all about the iphone.
Kinda late to the party, but I've been having this exact issue with the low Bluetooth volume with my note 8 on a 2017 rx350, mark levinson sound... It needs to really be cranked up high to hear anything which is strange. My 2013 es350 with standard sound system was plenty loud at 30... This needs at least a 45 for something decent...

Were you able to find a solution?? I've tried all the settings I can think of and find on the phone and car...
Old 12-03-18, 08:23 PM
toddharshm
Driver School Candidate

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Default Bluetooth Microphone

RE: Bluetooth phone IPhone 6SE
2016 RX350: the quality of the microphone is bad....any suggestions? Can it be replaced by a store like Best Buy?
Old 12-04-18, 03:45 AM
JSracer
Instructor

Received 122 Likes on 103 Posts

Originally Posted by toddharshm
RE: Bluetooth phone IPhone 6SE
2016 RX350: the quality of the microphone is bad....any suggestions? Can it be replaced by a store like Best Buy?

ummm, no. best buy can not replace the microphone. What is it doing that is bad ??
be aware of its location, so talking straight ahead vs at the rear view mirror, although either should work fine.
if you have a small sunroof, it could have had water damage ?? any staining or anything around it?? a few had leaking issues, but no report on their microphones,

are there adjustments, on the main screen when on the phone, usually there is.
Old 12-04-18, 06:23 AM
toddharshm
Driver School Candidate

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

person on the other end of the Lexus phone call hears a lot of road noise in the background.
Old 12-04-18, 07:28 AM
CharmCtyIS
Driver

Received 11 Likes on 11 Posts

Originally Posted by toddharshm
person on the other end of the Lexus phone call hears a lot of road noise in the background.

I had a similar issu. I took it to the dealer and they replaced the mic and now everything is fine.
Old 06-12-20, 01:31 PM
Bamagirl12
Driver School Candidate

Originally Posted by CharmCtyIS
I had a similar issue. I took it to the dealer and they replaced the mic and now everything is fine.
Hi - I am having a road noise/speakerphone issue. It's been to the dealer several times and they have replaced the speakerphone and bluetooth module. Dealer claims it's not a common issue. I have a 2017. I will be trading since it sounds horrible. Do you have a 2018? Is it any better? Any tips would be appreciated. I previously owned a 2010 and it sounded better.

Quick Reply: Bluetooth Phone Audio Issue