RX - 4th Gen (2016-2022) Discussion topics related to the 2016 and up RX350 and RX450h models

RX350L Driver door clink noise

Search this Thread

Old 07-29-18, 05:04 AM
ravenuer
Racer

Received 497 Likes on 375 Posts

Originally Posted by sejijohn
Not pushing means you are just accepting what it is. I want to know how many of us are facing this problem. If some of us are facing this issue and some not then Lexus should address this problem. That's my thought...
I just listened to your video and went out to the garage to try my 2017 RX350 and yes, mine creaks when I push it. It never creaks when driving and I would never have known it did this if I hadn't pushed it, so I don't see this as a problem at all.
Perhaps a little shot of a silicon spray in the groove where it creaks?
Otherwise, what about the clink when you shut the door? Were they able to duplicate that in any other vehicles?
The following 2 users liked this post by ravenuer:
GSFRX350 (07-29-18), sejijohn (07-29-18)
Old 07-29-18, 06:56 AM
GSFRX350
Advanced

Received 156 Likes on 125 Posts

Not pushing means you are just accepting what it is. I want to know how many of us are facing this problem. If some of us are facing this issue and some not then Lexus should address this problem. That's my thought...
If it doesn't do it without actually pushing on it I can't see the problem. It's just too different materials rubbing together making a noise, I'd be annoyed if it did it while driving otherwise it's not a problem.
Old 07-29-18, 09:39 AM
sejijohn
Rookie

Received 4 Likes on 3 Posts

Originally Posted by ravenuer
I just listened to your video and went out to the garage to try my 2017 RX350 and yes, mine creaks when I push it. It never creaks when driving and I would never have known it did this if I hadn't pushed it, so I don't see this as a problem at all.
Perhaps a little shot of a silicon spray in the groove where it creaks?
Otherwise, what about the clink when you shut the door? Were they able to duplicate that in any other vehicles?
Thanks for checking. Yes, I agree the creaking noise doesn't come when driving. Maybe I am overreacting and expecting too much, but the fact is the quality should have been consistent... Anyways I will keep on following up with Lexus. They have assigned a case manager as of now, let them confirm if it's an issue or not. I don't trust dealers much...

About the door clink, as expected, the dealer was not able to reproduce it. They kept my car for a day to check. But it was of no use. I can hear the clink, although the sound is hard to identify when closing the door. I am quite sure that it was not there when I brought the vehicle and it's not there in other RXs. My wife too could hear Seems I have to live with it unless the issue worsens...

Agree that all these issues are minor and I absolutely love driving this vehicle

I
Old 07-29-18, 09:46 AM
sejijohn
Rookie

Originally Posted by GSFRX350
If it doesn't do it without actually pushing on it I can't see the problem. It's just too different materials rubbing together making a noise, I'd be annoyed if it did it while driving otherwise it's not a problem.
I fully agree with you that it's not a problem as of now, but it doesn't happen in other areas of the dash. I mean all other areas are tightly held. Is it a design issue or a quality issue? I will try to follow up with Lexus for an answer.
Old 07-29-18, 12:30 PM
nyc1dxo
Driver School Candidate

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

Thanks for your suggestion. I brought this car new 2 months ago with 6 miles on it...
Sorry for asking again, in your 350L, can you confirm if none of the issues exists that I just mentioned in my 350L?
Im my example, the Tahoe was also a new car with 11 miles on it. Sometimes the cars do get damaged in transit and the dealer repairs the dents without anyone knowing.
The following users liked this post:
sejijohn (07-29-18)
Old 07-29-18, 09:40 PM
sejijohn
Rookie

Originally Posted by nyc1dxo

Im my example, the Tahoe was also a new car with 11 miles on it. Sometimes the cars do get damaged in transit and the dealer repairs the dents without anyone knowing.
Oh, thanks for letting me know... I never thought of that scenario...
Old 08-03-18, 12:25 PM
sejijohn
Rookie

Lexus customer service called me and said that I need to trust what the dealer is saying. So I guess, the creaking sound in the dashboard is normal. Never expected this from a Lexus.
And about the door issue, they said I can have it checked from another dealer. If they also don't find any issues and then I might have to pay inspection charges. Seems like I have to live with this one also...

Haven't decided on the next step. Probably in the first service I will take the car to a new dealer and have it checked.
Old 08-07-18, 06:24 PM
SoCalRX
Intermediate

Received 112 Likes on 71 Posts
Arrow

They showed a couple of RXs to me. They were all creaking like this... Here is my youtube video
https://youtu.be/X2OkxXe9mT4
Our 2017 450h doesn't make that noise when pushed as such. You might want to check this thread: DIY - Reduce/Eliminate Console Squeaks