RX - 4th Gen (2016-2022) Discussion topics related to the 2016 and up RX350 and RX450h models

RX350L Driver door clink noise

Search this Thread

Old 07-23-18, 07:31 PM
sejijohn
Rookie

Received 4 Likes on 3 Posts
Cool RX350L Driver door clink noise

Hi Friends,
I hear a very feeble clink noise when I close the driver door of my RX350L. Other 3 doors close with a thud noise but the driver door only creates a feeble clink noise as if some metal parts touch each other. I tried finding the issue by myself but everything looks fine. Did anybody face this issue? This change is sound came recently only.
Also when I press the dash area at the top of the center console, there is a creaking noise. Did not expect this from a Lexus
Old 07-24-18, 04:06 AM
aznkorboi
Lexus Test Driver

Received 117 Likes on 90 Posts

hmmmm.. take a video please.

I had something like that on hot days. Only with a video the dealer was able to see that I wasn't lying and dug a little deeper to find that they forgot to add a screw in manufacturing.
The following users liked this post:
sejijohn (07-25-18)
Old 07-24-18, 06:53 AM
ravenuer
Racer

Received 488 Likes on 369 Posts

Originally Posted by sejijohn
Hi Friends,
I hear a very feeble clink noise when I close the driver door of my RX350L. Other 3 doors close with a thud noise but the driver door only creates a feeble clink noise as if some metal parts touch each other. I tried finding the issue by myself but everything looks fine. Did anybody face this issue? This change is sound came recently only.
Also when I press the dash area at the top of the center console, there is a creaking noise. Did not expect this from a Lexus
Have you taken it back to the dealer? They might have to take off the door panel to find the noise.
Old 07-25-18, 05:15 PM
sejijohn
Rookie

I am yet to take the vehicle to the dealer. Just wanted to check if anyone faced this issue before taking it to the dealer. Hardly completed 2 months
Old 07-25-18, 06:25 PM
sejijohn
Rookie

Thanks, I am planning to visit the dealer tomorrow... will take a video before I visit...
Old 07-27-18, 10:35 AM
sejijohn
Rookie

The dealers are saying that the creaking sound is normal. I am uploading a video of the sound. Experts please advice me if I have to live with this sound
Old 07-27-18, 10:53 AM
sejijohn
Rookie

Unfortunately not able to upload the video due to its size.
Old 07-27-18, 12:38 PM
ravenuer
Racer

Received 488 Likes on 369 Posts

The dealers are saying that the creaking sound is normal. I am uploading a video of the sound. Experts please advice me if I have to live with this sound
Does your dealer really want you to believe a Lexus is supposed to creak?
sejijohn (07-28-18)
Old 07-27-18, 12:53 PM
sejijohn
Rookie

They showed a couple of RXs to me. They were all creaking like this... Here is my youtube video
Old 07-27-18, 11:26 PM
GSFRX350
Advanced

Received 155 Likes on 124 Posts

They showed a couple of RXs to me. They were all creaking like this... Here is my youtube video
Mine makes the same creaking noise when pushed.....but I have a solution; don't push it.
sejijohn (07-28-18)
Old 07-28-18, 09:57 AM
Rarebird
Driver

Received 11 Likes on 8 Posts

https://youtu.be/X2OkxXe9mT4
I see you’re in CA. Do you use windshield sun blockers? I am in New Jersey and even though we have full seasons i still use them all the time when I park the car. Maybe it’s just wear and tear from the sun. You can get the really simple light ones that fold into a little circle and tuck them in the bin behind the front passenger seat. The ones I purchased came in a pair of two, One side black the other reflective metallic. folded no bigger than the size of an iPad.
sejijohn (07-28-18)
Old 07-28-18, 01:42 PM
nyc1dxo
Driver School Candidate

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

Hi Friends,
I may suggest the following. Take one of those flex magnets that you may see on some bumpers or refrigerator. Maybe your car door was repaired. Place this magnet in various places and see if any body filler is reducing the pull to the panel.
This happened to me on a rear panel of a Tahoe and I found a paper mask buried in the fender. Took a closer look and saw bondo.
I have a 350L and don’t have your issue

Last edited by nyc1dxo; 07-28-18 at 01:45 PM.
sejijohn (07-28-18)
Old 07-28-18, 06:30 PM
sejijohn
Rookie

@Rarebird Thanks for your response. My car is just two months old. And also I use sun blockers whenever I park my car outside...

Last edited by sejijohn; 07-28-18 at 06:47 PM.
Old 07-28-18, 06:34 PM
sejijohn
Rookie

Originally Posted by nyc1dxo
I may suggest the following. Take one of those flex magnets that you may see on some bumpers or refrigerator. Maybe your car door was repaired. Place this magnet in various places and see if any body filler is reducing the pull to the panel.
This happened to me on a rear panel of a Tahoe and I found a paper mask buried in the fender. Took a closer look and saw bondo.
I have a 350L and don’t have your issue

Thanks for your suggestion. I brought this car new 2 months ago with 6 miles on it...
Sorry for asking again, in your 350L, can you confirm if none of the issues exists that I just mentioned in my 350L?

Last edited by sejijohn; 07-28-18 at 06:46 PM. Reason: forgot to add
Old 07-28-18, 06:41 PM
sejijohn
Rookie

Originally Posted by GSFRX350
Mine makes the same creaking noise when pushed.....but I have a solution; don't push it.

Not pushing means you are just accepting what it is. I want to know how many of us are facing this problem. If some of us are facing this issue and some not then Lexus should address this problem. That's my thought...

Quick Reply: RX350L Driver door clink noise