RX - 4th Gen (2016-2022) Discussion topics related to the 2016 and up RX350 and RX450h models

Display MPG instead of MPH on screen?

Search this Thread

Old 08-10-18, 06:43 AM
dotbowels
Pit Crew

Received 8 Likes on 5 Posts
Default Display MPG instead of MPH on screen?

Is it possible to have it show MPG with fuel range instead of MPH with Range behind the steering wheel? Thanks!
Old 08-10-18, 06:44 AM
mikemu30
Lexus Test Driver

Received 2,572 Likes on 1,829 Posts

Originally Posted by dotbowels
Is it possible to have it show MPG with fuel range instead of MPH with Range behind the steering wheel? Thanks!
I've wondered the same thing and don't think you can modify that screen combo. Anyone else jump in if I'm wrong.
Old 08-10-18, 06:46 AM
dotbowels
Pit Crew

Originally Posted by dotbowels

Forgot picture
Old 08-10-18, 07:04 AM
lesz
Lead Lap

Received 1,018 Likes on 696 Posts

Since I don't have an RX, I can't speak to what choices you have on the RX, but, with the ES, if you use the steering wheel buttons to scroll through the settings for the multi-information display, there is the option to choose which 2 information items are displayed on each screen.
Old 08-10-18, 08:14 AM
mikemu30
Lexus Test Driver

Originally Posted by lesz
Since I don't have an RX, I can't speak to what choices you have on the RX, but, with the ES, if you use the steering wheel buttons to scroll through the settings for the multi-information display, there is the option to choose which 2 information items are displayed on each screen.
So I bet you can do that with the RX as well. Can you tell us how you select the options on the ES?
Old 08-10-18, 08:24 AM
lesz
Lead Lap

Originally Posted by mikemu30
So I bet you can do that with the RX as well. Can you tell us how you select the options on the ES?
Just start by using the arrow buttons on the steering wheel to get to the Settings menu (the one that looks like a gear).
Then, select Settings. Scroll down to Meter Settings and select it. Scroll down to Driver Info 1 or Driver Info 2 or Driver Info 3. When you select any of those 3, you will be given the option to choose what information you want to be displayed on that screen.
The following 3 users liked this post by lesz:
mcomer (08-10-18), Oldfart (08-10-18), ravenuer (08-10-18)
Old 08-11-18, 07:52 AM
dotbowels
Pit Crew

Originally Posted by lesz
Just start by using the arrow buttons on the steering wheel to get to the Settings menu (the one that looks like a gear).
Then, select Settings. Scroll down to Meter Settings and select it. Scroll down to Driver Info 1 or Driver Info 2 or Driver Info 3. When you select any of those 3, you will be given the option to choose what information you want to be displayed on that screen.
Hasn't worked for me on RX350, has anyone had luck? Thanks
Old 08-11-18, 10:00 AM
Oldfart
Intermediate

Received 64 Likes on 46 Posts

I just did it.

Under "gear"
"meter settings"
"Driver Info 2"
Settings items to change
Scroll down to second screen and change to "AVG. fuel economy after refuel"

I have RH 450h
Old 08-11-18, 10:25 AM
lesz
Lead Lap

Originally Posted by Oldfart
I just did it.

Under "gear"
"meter settings"
"Driver Info 2"
Settings items to change
Scroll down to second screen and change to "AVG. fuel economy after refuel"

I have RH 450h
I was pretty sure that it worked the same way on the RX as it does on my ES. It is good to see confirmation that that is the case.

Another nice customization that you can do with the multi-information display is that you can set any of those driver information screens as your home screen. Once you have done that, not only will that home screen be the one that appears every time you start the car, but, also, if you scroll to one of the other multi-information display screens, you can return to your chosen home screen by simply pressing the home screen button on the steering wheel.
Old 08-11-18, 10:37 AM
dotbowels
Pit Crew

Worked for me using 2 also. Changed permanently for all drivers by using 2. Thanks everyone. Dorothy
Old 08-11-18, 11:42 AM
mikemu30
Lexus Test Driver

I see where you can change the individual items this way but it doesn't seem to change which items are displayed together in the screen. Did I do something wrong. OP wants to display fuel range AND avg economy on the same screen.
Old 08-11-18, 12:10 PM
dotbowels
Pit Crew

It worked for me using oldfart’s instructions. I now have range & mpg showing, which is what I asked for. Thanks again.
Old 08-11-18, 12:14 PM
kvtram
Driver School Candidate

Received 8 Likes on 7 Posts

Thanks, this helped. The Driver 1/2/3 settings and display options were not intuitive and I had to get use to customizing the view a couple times. Compared to previous vehicles, the RX seemed to have made it more complicated than it should be.
Old 08-11-18, 05:21 PM
Nail34
Intermediate

Received 109 Likes on 75 Posts

Good info!!
On the home screen I deleted the current mpg bar type, which I never look at, to average speed after reset in a digital format. The average speed "indicates" how much city or highway was driven on a tank of gas and how it relates to mpg.
Old 08-12-18, 07:53 AM
dotbowels
Pit Crew

Originally Posted by Nail34
Good info!!
On the home screen I deleted the current mpg bar type, which I never look at, to average speed after reset in a digital format. The average speed "indicates" how much city or highway was driven on a tank of gas and how it relates to mpg.
can you please post a picture ? Thanks

Quick Reply: Display MPG instead of MPH on screen?