RX - 4th Gen (2016-2022) Discussion topics related to the 2016 and up RX350 and RX450h models

Should I buy out my lease (Merged Threads)?

Search this Thread

Old 10-18-21, 07:42 AM
yok3dIS
Intermediate

Received 209 Likes on 81 Posts

Originally Posted by coolbrazz
Probably a good idea to buy-out your leased RX during this crazy used car market now, and a lack of new inventory,
I concur! Was at the dealership Friday 10/16 and was told that lease rates are even worse right now - if returning your RX and getting a new one is an option. Sales guy said finance are better than lease rates during this time.
The following 2 users liked this post by yok3dIS:
coolbrazz (10-18-21), nightdiff (10-18-21)
Old 10-19-21, 03:33 AM
lgb0250
Intermediate

Received 119 Likes on 80 Posts

Like used vehicles that are now actually appreciating, now is probably one of the few times it will ever be money in your pocket to buyout your lease at end of term.

Since the dealer doesn’t make much money on a buyout their goal is to pump the price by CPOing it and get as many aftermarket financing adds as possible. It will be a new transaction so the first thing they will probably hit you with will be another doc fee. Pure criminal IMO.

Your lease contract will spell out any cost to you such as a termination fee. But, having it CPO’d is not required and being told otherwise is just plain wrong. A person with good credit has many options. Search for the best rate you can get and then compare it to what LFS will give you. In no case should it exceed 3-6%.

here’s a good link to LFS explaining the process better https://www.lexusfinancial.com/conte...ur_option.html

PS. For those of you that have filed their contracts in oblivion, call LFS at the above link.

Last edited by lgb0250; 10-27-21 at 03:33 AM.
The following 2 users liked this post by lgb0250:
nightdiff (10-25-21), ravenuer (10-19-21)
Old 10-25-21, 06:39 AM
nightdiff
Pit Crew

Received 9 Likes on 8 Posts

Originally Posted by lgb0250
Like used vehicles that are now actually appreciating, now is probably one of the few times it will ever be money in your pocket to buyout your lease at end of term.

Since the dealer doesn’t make much money on a buyout their goal is to pump the price by CPOing it and get as many aftermarket financing adds as possible. It will be a new transaction so the first thing they will probably hit you with will be another doc fee. Pure criminal IMO.

Your lease contract will spell out any cost to you such as a termination fee. But, having it CPO’d is not required and being told otherwise is just plain wrong. A person with good credit has many options. Search for the best rate you can get and then compare it to what LFS will give you. In no case should it exceed 3-6%.

here’s a good link to LFS explaining the process betterhttps://www.lexusfinancial.com/content/lexusfinancial/us/en/end_of_lease_options/your_option.html

PS. For those of you that have filed their contracts in oblivion, call LFS at the above link.
Great information thank you
Old 10-25-21, 06:55 AM
dsvetcov
Driver

Received 21 Likes on 15 Posts

I agree with everyone on lease buyout. I just completed on my'19 RX. Got a 2.79% rate.
Going to Lexus for financing made no sense. They wanted a $599 upcharge for documentation fees. Even worse, Lexus is asking near $5 over sticker price which negates and upside for tradein.

Wait on the 2023.
David
The following users liked this post:
nightdiff (10-26-21)
Old 10-26-21, 06:49 PM
nightdiff
Pit Crew

I called Lexus financial today they told me I could buy the lease out directly from them by sending in a check. They said I don't even have to go to the dealer, has anyone done this before? It seems so simple I feel like the person I got on the phone might be incorrect.
Old 10-27-21, 03:32 AM
lgb0250
Intermediate

Originally Posted by nightdiff
I called Lexus financial today they told me I could buy the lease out directly from them by sending in a check. They said I don't even have to go to the dealer, has anyone done this before? It seems so simple I feel like the person I got on the phone might be incorrect.
then call back and ask a different rep. Sometime things aren’t nearly as hard as we try and make it. The dealer doesn’t own the vehicle. LFS does. Hard to believe you can go wrong by following their directions. Read this link. Pay particular attention to item 3 under your options. https://www.lexusfinancial.com/conte...ur_option.html

Last edited by lgb0250; 10-27-21 at 03:37 AM.
nightdiff (10-27-21)
Old 10-27-21, 05:07 AM
Cocal
Racer

Received 343 Likes on 262 Posts

Originally Posted by nightdiff
I think this is correct as when 1st started the dealer held the goods contracted, once that done everything passed onto Lexus financial who will now release your obligation by giving you all the documents to prove your full ownership and remove all liens if any and give you a letter to that effect.
nightdiff (10-27-21)
Old 10-27-21, 06:18 AM
nightdiff
Pit Crew

I'm going to call again and double check I will keep you posted.
Old 10-27-21, 10:36 AM
dsvetcov
Driver

Received 21 Likes on 15 Posts

Your are correct. I dealt with Lexus Financial. Only difference was I took an auto loan through USAA bank. Lease relationship is between you and Lexus Financial, not a dealer.
nightdiff (10-27-21)
Old 10-27-21, 06:54 PM
nightdiff
Pit Crew

Originally Posted by dsvetcov
Your are correct. I dealt with Lexus Financial. Only difference was I took an auto loan through USAA bank. Lease relationship is between you and Lexus Financial, not a dealer.
Great the less dealing with the dealer the better
Old 12-03-21, 03:45 PM
jglipman
Rookie

Received 6 Likes on 5 Posts
Default Early Lease Termination

Called Lexus about terminating my lease and purchasing car. I was told I had to do it thru the dealer. Dealer added about $4000.00 to payoff quoted by Lexus. I'll never leave again, at least not with Lexus. Dealer has to "perform" a vehicle safety inspection for a car that I spread have. I'm being charged about $300 for this service. I'll bet it's the fastest "inspection" in history.

QUOTE=nightdiff;11152418]I called Lexus financial today they told me I could buy the lease out directly from them by sending in a check. They said I don't even have to go to the dealer, has anyone done this before? It seems so simple I feel like the person I got on the phone might be incorrect.[/QUOTE]
Old 12-03-21, 05:46 PM
mikemu30
Lexus Test Driver

Received 2,555 Likes on 1,821 Posts

Originally Posted by jglipman
Called Lexus about terminating my lease and purchasing car. I was told I had to do it thru the dealer. Dealer added about $4000.00 to payoff quoted by Lexus. I'll never leave again, at least not with Lexus. Dealer has to "perform" a vehicle safety inspection for a car that I spread have. I'm being charged about $300 for this service. I'll bet it's the fastest "inspection" in history.

QUOTE=nightdiff;11152418]I called Lexus financial today they told me I could buy the lease out directly from them by sending in a check. They said I don't even have to go to the dealer, has anyone done this before? It seems so simple I feel like the person I got on the phone might be incorrect.
[/QUOTE]
I don't lease, never have and never will. Doesn't the lease contractually spell out the buyout price? If so, how can the dealer add $4k??
The following 3 users liked this post by mikemu30:
Cocal (12-03-21), happychris (12-09-21), nightdiff (12-07-21)
Old 12-03-21, 07:46 PM
Cocal
Racer

Received 343 Likes on 262 Posts

QUOTE=nightdiff;11152418]I called Lexus financial today they told me I could buy the lease out directly from them by sending in a check. They said I don't even have to go to the dealer, has anyone done this before? It seems so simple I feel like the person I got on the phone might be incorrect.
All the dealer has to do is process the papers and you pay what's stipulated in the lease contract nothing more. There MAY be a charge for the dealer's contribution to the paper work, but it would only be a couple hundred $$$ at most.
Don't let the dealer take you for a ride, everything is spelled out in the leasing contract.
Old 12-04-21, 04:39 AM
lgb0250
Intermediate

[/QUOTE]

follow the instructions in item 3 of this link. Get your own financing and the dealer is completely out of it. https://www.lexusfinancial.com/us/en...ur_option.html
Old 12-04-21, 05:37 AM
jglipman
Rookie

Received 6 Likes on 5 Posts
Default Lease

Florida requires you do transaction thru the dealer.

Quick Reply: Should I buy out my lease (Merged Threads)?