RX - 4th Gen (2016-2022) Discussion topics related to the 2016 and up RX350 and RX450h models

2019 RX prices

Search this Thread

Old 05-04-19 | 01:27 PM
2ndName
Pit Crew

Originally Posted by gxrunner
Gather around ye boys and girls:

2019 RX 350 F-Sport AWD (4x4)
  • Navigation pkg
  • Towing prep pkg
  • Panoramic view monitor w/ blind spot monitor w/rear cross traffic braking w/intuitive park assist
  • panorama glass roof and roof rails
  • triple-beam LED headlights
  • touch-free power rear door
  • door edge film by 3M

MSRP: $59,975
Discount:$4,600 (negotiated)
Lexus Cash: $2,000
Selling price: $53,375
Discount comes out to 11% off MSRP including Lexus Cash

Were any of you able to negotiate more off?

This was in Houston. I wanted Mark Levinson, but the color combination was more important to me. Car has to be brought in from another dealer. I said ok. Proud new owner
that looks like a good deal since you got the color combo you wanted and all those options.
Old 05-05-19 | 07:45 PM
jsb16
Driver School Candidate

Curious about the group's thoughts on a used deal vs current 2019 pricing. I found a fully optioned RX450h F-Sport with an MSRP of $63259 (in 2017) on the website of a Lexus Plus Dealer that advertises no haggle pricing for $50998. It had particularly low miles at 13K and was not a CPO presumably becasue of the low mileage and lots of remaining warranty. According to recent posts it looks like people are getting 14% off MSRP which would price a new car like this at around $54,400. As such, this dealer, who claims to price based on knowledge of the market, is discounting a two year old car with half its warranty gone by 6%. What would be a reasonable discount off of the typical 14% people are getting for a used car such as this? If down 15% we are talking about $46, 240. The car seems to be offerred off their website too which may be their way to work around the no haggle pricing. I'm less interested in a new 2019 since I would wait for the refresh and CarPlay if buying new. Are certain color combinations or builds in so high demand that they are not being discounted as aggressively?
Old 05-05-19 | 08:05 PM
2ndName
Pit Crew

Originally Posted by jsb16
Curious about the group's thoughts on a used deal vs current 2019 pricing. I found a fully optioned RX450h F-Sport with an MSRP of $63259 (in 2017) on the website of a Lexus Plus Dealer that advertises no haggle pricing for $50998. It had particularly low miles at 13K and was not a CPO presumably becasue of the low mileage and lots of remaining warranty. According to recent posts it looks like people are getting 14% off MSRP which would price a new car like this at around $54,400. As such, this dealer, who claims to price based on knowledge of the market, is discounting a two year old car with half its warranty gone by 6%. What would be a reasonable discount off of the typical 14% people are getting for a used car such as this? If down 15% we are talking about $46, 240. The car seems to be offerred off their website too which may be their way to work around the no haggle pricing. I'm less interested in a new 2019 since I would wait for the refresh and CarPlay if buying new. Are certain color combinations or builds in so high demand that they are not being discounted as aggressively?
Similar situation I was in when we were looking. We ended up with the CPO 2016. Normally with those no haggle pricing, the dealer will fight hard to keep it at that price point. You have to get them at the right time to be able to lower the price point. What I would do instead is have them throw in warranty to make up for the no haggling price.
Old 05-06-19 | 04:37 PM
jsb16
Driver School Candidate

I would suggest they throw in a warranty if I thought they were $2000 high but there is nothing they can add in if they are $4000 too high. The car did not sell on eBay once again with tons of bids and interest but $47,100 did not meet the reserve. On the one hand I would assume people bidding on a car like this know the market and yet the dealer says his people know the market and set their price. Somehow after hundreds of bids on 5 weekly auctions never meeting the reserve it would suggest that the dealer's price is a fantasy. It was interesting that they told me they did not CPO it not because of the condition but because they thought it would be completely priced out of range. Looked like a nice car if at a market price; too bad.
Old 05-08-19 | 06:40 AM
itsssmeee
Driver School Candidate

Default Bay Area Prices?

Hi all, I'm looking at the 450HL with MSRP around $53K - $56K. Have anyone bought a 450HL within this price range recently and how much discount were you able to get? If you have a dealer recommendation, that'll be great. I have a salesman at Lexus of Steven Creek I've spoken to but I would like to gather more prices before I contact him.

Thank you.
Old 05-08-19 | 07:56 AM
Kevin2323
Driver School Candidate

Default RX 350 Offer

i received the following first offer via email yesterday in Atlanta: RX 350

20” Alloy Wheels
Blind spot Parking assist
heated/ventilated front seats
moonroof
premium package
hands free rear door
Cargo mats, etc.

$51,244 MSRP
$44,277 not including fees and taxes. And not including $2,000 Lexus rebate.

taxes $3,147
prep fees $691
registration $45

OTD less $2,000 rebate - $48,161.76

Thoughts?

Thanks

Last edited by Kevin2323; 05-08-19 at 01:34 PM.
Old 05-08-19 | 01:35 PM
Alexus415
Rookie

Originally Posted by itsssmeee
Hi all, I'm looking at the 450HL with MSRP around $53K - $56K. Have anyone bought a 450HL within this price range recently and how much discount were you able to get? If you have a dealer recommendation, that'll be great. I have a salesman at Lexus of Steven Creek I've spoken to but I would like to gather more prices before I contact him.

Thank you.
Hello , i just purchased an rx450H msrp was around 57K in the bay area . I negotiated them to about 51K. I added the maintenance plan for 10 years , ding and dent , permaplate interior / exterior , and tire/wheel protection . Came out to about 61k out the door with all those nasty legal fees that you can't avoid. I thought it was a wonderful deal it's only been 3 days but i see a difference in gas. Been driving like crazy in the bay area and my gas tank is just barely touching the first line . Very amazing. I was thinking of the L too but it's pretty use less no adult can sit back there. Kids maybe .
Old 05-08-19 | 01:54 PM
itsssmeee
Driver School Candidate

Originally Posted by Alexus415
Hello , i just purchased an rx450H msrp was around 57K in the bay area . I negotiated them to about 51K. I added the maintenance plan for 10 years , ding and dent , permaplate interior / exterior , and tire/wheel protection . Came out to about 61k out the door with all those nasty legal fees that you can't avoid. I thought it was a wonderful deal it's only been 3 days but i see a difference in gas. Been driving like crazy in the bay area and my gas tank is just barely touching the first line . Very amazing. I was thinking of the L too but it's pretty use less no adult can sit back there. Kids maybe .
thank you, may I know which dealer you went to? I'm considering the L for emergencies, but doesn't seem worth it? haha
Old 05-08-19 | 02:06 PM
optionet
Driver School Candidate

I think this is a pretty good deal, factoring in the $2k Lexus cash, you are almost 17.5% off MSRP.

Is the Lexus cash $2000, I thought it is only $1000 for RX350??

Picked one up in similar package for $47k otd in Texas and it was a long negotiation, but then I only got $1k Lexus cash.

Originally Posted by Kevin2323

20” Alloy Wheels
moonroof
premium package
hands free rear door
Cargo mats, etc.

$51,244 MSRP

taxes $3,147
prep fees $691
registration $45

Thoughts?

Thanks
Old 05-08-19 | 02:20 PM
Kevin2323
Driver School Candidate

It shows $2,000 for 350 on the Lexus site. And I had a different dealer tell me about it. Waiting for quotes from 2 other dealers.

Originally Posted by optionet
I think this is a pretty good deal, factoring in the $2k Lexus cash, you are almost 17.5% off MSRP.

Is the Lexus cash $2000, I thought it is only $1000 for RX350??

Picked one up in similar package for $47k otd in Texas and it was a long negotiation, but then I only got $1k Lexus cash.
Old 05-08-19 | 02:23 PM
Alexus415
Rookie

thank you, may I know which dealer you went to? I'm considering the L for emergencies, but doesn't seem worth it? haha
I went to serramonte and fremont . Fremont offered the $5000 off via costco auto program. I told my sales associate and she matched no questions asked . She didn't even have to ask her manager. Original discount she was giving was down to 53K WITHOUT the pricematch. In the bay area dealerships the lexus cash ($2000) was offered between 2.9 apr it was one or the other. I chose the lower APR instead. Now onto the L part i have a small asian 5 year old and with the booster she was close to the ceiling . Also if you have car seats in the second row don't even think about putting anyone back there. the back seats we're touching my knees when locked and my head touching the ceiling. Im pretty small at 5'10 . I think saving money on the regular hybrid is good . I'd honestly pay the L price in getting the 450H F sport instead.
Old 05-08-19 | 02:48 PM
itsssmeee
Driver School Candidate

I went to serramonte and fremont . Fremont offered the $5000 off via costco auto program. I told my sales associate and she matched no questions asked . She didn't even have to ask her manager. Original discount she was giving was down to 53K WITHOUT the pricematch. In the bay area dealerships the lexus cash ($2000) was offered between 2.9 apr it was one or the other. I chose the lower APR instead. Now onto the L part i have a small asian 5 year old and with the booster she was close to the ceiling . Also if you have car seats in the second row don't even think about putting anyone back there. the back seats we're touching my knees when locked and my head touching the ceiling. Im pretty small at 5'10 . I think saving money on the regular hybrid is good . I'd honestly pay the L price in getting the 450H F sport instead.

Thanks so much for your input. I think we'll just stick with the non-L model. and it seems like at least 10% off of MSRP before any bonus is to be expected or reasonable to negotiate off of?
Old 05-08-19 | 03:37 PM
Alexus415
Rookie

Thanks so much for your input. I think we'll just stick with the non-L model. and it seems like at least 10% off of MSRP before any bonus is to be expected or reasonable to negotiate off of?

If you want you can get lexus serramonte and lexus fremont to start competing. Say they matched your offer can you beat the pricematch? maybe able to get an additional 1k or 2k on top of 5k off. Regardless of what you choose it's a beautiful car. I wish the f sport had wood trim options for the rx . The leather steering wheel doesn't look and feel as nice as the wood. My only regret on my vehicle is the panoramic roof . I wish that was standard instead of the moon roof.

Ask about that 2k lexus cash that's talked about. The two Lexus dealers i went to both said take the 2.9 apr or $2000 lexus cash. If you can do both like the others have said go for it.
Old 05-08-19 | 03:50 PM
itsssmeee
Driver School Candidate

If you want you can get lexus serramonte and lexus fremont to start competing. Say they matched your offer can you beat the pricematch? maybe able to get an additional 1k or 2k on top of 5k off. Regardless of what you choose it's a beautiful car. I wish the f sport had wood trim options for the rx . The leather steering wheel doesn't look and feel as nice as the wood. My only regret on my vehicle is the panoramic roof . I wish that was standard instead of the moon roof.

Ask about that 2k lexus cash that's talked about. The two Lexus dealers i went to both said take the 2.9 apr or $2000 lexus cash. If you can do both like the others have said go for it.
It's for my mom so we might not get the F sport haha. But I do want her to get the ventilated seats and the surround view camera so it'll help with the parking situation. Is the $2K Lexus cash advertised on Lexus website? I might take the 2.9% depending on how the math works out with my own financing. Did you work with Steven's Creek?

I personally would get the Explorer Sport if gas wasn't an issue or the Highlander Hybrid.

edit: $2K is on Lexus website. just checked. I highly doubt they will let me do both so I'll do some math to see which one is best.

Last edited by itsssmeee; 05-08-19 at 04:04 PM.
Old 05-10-19 | 01:31 PM
Kevin2323
Driver School Candidate

Uodate at at the bottom.

Originally Posted by Kevin2323

20” Alloy Wheels
moonroof
premium package
hands free rear door
Cargo mats, etc.

$51,244 MSRP

taxes $3,147
prep fees $691
registration $45

UPDATE - $47,000OTD final price for this vehicle
GA Taxes are approximately $3,100

Thoughts?

Thanks

Last edited by Kevin2323; 05-10-19 at 01:34 PM.

Quick Reply: 2019 RX prices