RX - 4th Gen (2016-2022) Discussion topics related to the 2016 and up RX350 and RX450h models

Aftermarket carplay on 2017 RX350

Search this Thread

Old 05-04-23, 02:18 PM
gromaudio
Vendor

Received 151 Likes on 121 Posts

Originally Posted by SneedFeed
My screen is flickering on the VL2. Anyone have the instructions on which wire to cut on the harness to fix the issue?
Contact our technical team at https://gromaudio.com/support.html They will check your specific set up and provide you with the suggestions what to do.

Also make sure the video cable GVMF is securely connected to the VLine, and the unit itself is also secured and does not bounce when moving. If the unit and the cable are not properly secured, it can cause the video signal issues and flickering.
Old 05-04-23, 02:21 PM
gromaudio
Vendor

Originally Posted by gromaudio
Hi all,
Wanted to let you know that we will have new group order starting May 8th. The discount will be $120 off the VLine VL2 system, and $70 off the VLite VT2 system. If you were looking to add CarPlay / Android Auto to your car stereo, and wanted to save - you can join our group order. To join the group order, PM us your name and email address. We will add you to the group list of participants. Let us know if you have any questions.

CarPlay using GROM VLine VL2 system on Lexus GX factory car stereo
We moved the group order start date to TODAY, and the ordering period will end May 12th. It is not too late to join the group order and receive the $120 discount. Simply PM us your name and email address, we will add you to the group order list. You can also send us the request to join the group using our contact page at https://gromaudio.com/support.html
Old 05-05-23, 07:33 AM
SneedFeed
10th Gear

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Anyone having backup camera issues? I'm getting a black screen with faint white lines. It seems to recover when the unit warms up.
Old 05-05-23, 09:04 AM
gromaudio
Vendor

If you submitted the request to our technical team via the web form at https://gromaudio.com/support.html, they usually reply within 24 hours during the weekdays. If you do not see the reply in your inbox, please check the spam folder.
Old 05-06-23, 06:20 PM
exploreco
Driver

Received 34 Likes on 21 Posts

Originally Posted by SneedFeed
Anyone having backup camera issues? I'm getting a black screen with faint white lines. It seems to recover when the unit warms up.
Submit a ticket through the GROM website. They will respond quickly to help with your issue. No wires need to be cut with their system on the RX and everything should look factory. They will want to see a video of what is happening.
The following users liked this post:
gromaudio (05-08-23)
Old 05-08-23, 11:05 PM
dandn0ten
6th Gear

Received 2 Likes on 1 Post

Originally Posted by landij
From someone that tried VT2, Road top, Lasilt and VL2 I can say each has its own issues. I currently have the VL2 and I can say it works better than most but currently has issue with button controls disconnecting all the time and only way things work again is by having to disconnect the unit however Grom has great support team and they have been working on resolving this issue. My advice would be whatever unit you choose to go with make sure it comes with good support because you will need it. I have not tried beatsonic due to price however they seem to be working directly with Lexus of North America to have the units the the dealership but the price will be 2 to 3 times higher than the most expensive option out there right now and doesn’t offer android or mirror option which will cost another $350.

I would say wait a little to see if the issue with the VL2 disconnection is fixed as this is my favorite unit and if that doesn’t get fixed my second option will be loose some features and go with Bestsonic since they are working with Lexus I would think it will be the most stable option but than cry for few weeks about how much it cost.
i have the same issue with button not working after using grom vline2 for couple times. i had to unplug the power harness in order for its working again. i emailed the support and they sent me a new firmware to test out. have you resolved the issue?
Old 05-08-23, 11:08 PM
dandn0ten
6th Gear

it would be nice if grom vline has the power on/off somewhere on the box so we dont have to unplug anytime we have problem because i had hard time unplugging the power harness because its so tight and im afraid of someday breaking it
Old 05-09-23, 06:25 AM
landij
Rookie

Received 13 Likes on 9 Posts

Yes I did get the new firmware over a week ago and I haven’t had any disconnection issues after the update.
gromaudio (05-09-23)
Old 05-12-23, 09:01 PM
dandn0ten
6th Gear

another bug i got is when car went reverse and when parking assist is triggered if its about to hit something, the car stayed in factory mode instead of going back to carplay mode when put in drive. i have tried everything from long hold on menu button or switch between media but it didnt work.
Old 05-15-23, 11:05 AM
gromaudio
Vendor

Originally Posted by dandn0ten
another bug i got is when car went reverse and when parking assist is triggered if its about to hit something, the car stayed in factory mode instead of going back to carplay mode when put in drive. i have tried everything from long hold on menu button or switch between media but it didnt work.
If it is GROM product, please make sure to report it to our technical team at https://gromaudio.com/support.html They will help.
Old 05-23-23, 10:43 PM
richard203
Racer

Received 120 Likes on 106 Posts

did any1 ever try this brand hes a vender here in club lexus seems pretty good

https://www.clublexus.com/forums/cl-...l#post11506602
Old 05-24-23, 09:52 AM
landij
Rookie

I tried VT2, VL2, Road Top, Beatsonic and Lasilt. This one appears to be similar to the lasilt screen replacement. If you’re looking for something that will actually work without having to fix issues all the time pay the extra money and get the beatsonic. I’ve had it installed for 2 weeks now and not a single issues like all the others and it’s the only unit I found that actually stays in CarPlay screen when receiving Bluetooth calls on Lexus factory Bluetooth and the whole experience feels like a factory CarPlay. The other units they all mention good call quality on CarPlay but I got complaints from the person I’m talking to so I always ended up using Bluetooth. Stay away from lasilt as it’s very buggy and they will try to blame it on you or tell you that’s how it works so I had to file a complaint with PayPal to get my refund. If you’re looking to save couple hundred dollars second best from my experience was VL2 and comes with excellent customer service. I’m very happy with the beatsonic and I no longer have to worry about wife calling me and telling something is not working.

Last edited by landij; 05-24-23 at 10:00 AM.
Bewill (06-16-23)
Old 05-24-23, 03:44 PM
richard203
Racer

Received 120 Likes on 106 Posts

Originally Posted by landij
I tried VT2, VL2, Road Top, Beatsonic and Lasilt. This one appears to be similar to the lasilt screen replacement. If you’re looking for something that will actually work without having to fix issues all the time pay the extra money and get the beatsonic. I’ve had it installed for 2 weeks now and not a single issues like all the others and it’s the only unit I found that actually stays in CarPlay screen when receiving Bluetooth calls on Lexus factory Bluetooth and the whole experience feels like a factory CarPlay. The other units they all mention good call quality on CarPlay but I got complaints from the person I’m talking to so I always ended up using Bluetooth. Stay away from lasilt as it’s very buggy and they will try to blame it on you or tell you that’s how it works so I had to file a complaint with PayPal to get my refund. If you’re looking to save couple hundred dollars second best from my experience was VL2 and comes with excellent customer service. I’m very happy with the beatsonic and I no longer have to worry about wife calling me and telling something is not working.
do this one still retain the oem software i want the side of the car info
Old 05-24-23, 05:30 PM
landij
Rookie

Yeah they all do. On the beatsonic you just hold the map button for a second and it switches back and forth between CarPlay and Lexus system. You’ll never use the Lexus system once you start using CarPlay. The only time I use it is for adding or removing Bluetooth devices.
Bewill (06-16-23)
Old 05-24-23, 07:23 PM
gromaudio
Vendor

Originally Posted by richard203
do this one still retain the oem software i want the side of the car info
The GROM systems VLine VL2 and VLite VT2 retain the factory UI use. You can always go back to the factory UI and use FM radio, backup camera and so on. For 2016 and up Lexus RX it also supports the FM radio and CarPlay / Android Auto at the same time. The CarPlay on VLine VL2 and VLite VT2 supports phone calls, and the system stays in CarPlay.

More information is available on our website, https://gromaudio.com
Bewill (06-16-23)

Quick Reply: Aftermarket carplay on 2017 RX350