RX - 4th Gen (2016-2022) Discussion topics related to the 2016 and up RX350 and RX450h models

Aftermarket carplay on 2017 RX350

Search this Thread

Old 11-17-23, 11:29 AM
bryandurkin
1st Gear

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by gromaudio
Hi all,

We plan to run the next group order for GROM VLine VL2 and VLite VT2 for CarPlay / Android Auto integration to your factory Lexus stereo. The next group order will start on November 2nd and run until November 9th. It will be the last group buy order before the end of this year.

The discount will be $120 off the VLine VL2 system and $70 off the VLite VT2 system. Both systems support wireless CarPlay and Android Auto integration into the factory Lexus stereo. If you would like to join the group, send us a private message on this forum with your email address and name. We will add you to the group.

Or you can send us the request to join the group via the web form at https://gromaudio.com/support.html

CarPlay using VLine VL2 system with Lexus LS 460 2012 factory car stereo

Android Auto on Lexus factory stereo using VLine VL2 system.
Hi Guys - I sent a note via the support board for the offer and I never received a reply. I checked spam, etc. Are you going to have a Black Friday offer our could you extend that again? Thanks!
Old 11-20-23, 06:44 AM
anniew555
5th Gear

Post HELP with Aftermarket CarPlay

I had an aftermarket CarPlay system installed in my 2017 RX 350. Overall, I love it. It has one glitch that I am hoping someone can help me fix. I am using it with an Apple iPhone.
When I make or receive a phone call, it sometimes goes to the CarPlay through the Bluetooth, and I cannot hear the call (and they cannot hear me). Then I have to manually change the Speaker Output on my phone to the Lexus RX from the CarPlay.
Is there a setting to make phone calls always go to the car's Bluetooth and not through the CarPlay? I read the manual front to back, but maybe I am missing something.
Old 11-20-23, 08:06 AM
IntrinoX
Instructor

Received 562 Likes on 330 Posts

I unpaired my Bluetooth from the factory radio.
It's very conflicting to have Bluetooth on with an aftermarket CarPlay.
So if I have calls, it'll be routed through the CarPlay's input.
The following users liked this post:
gromaudio (11-21-23)
Old 11-21-23, 08:59 AM
bcinsd
2nd gear

Default No reply from Lexion

I am considering buying a Lexion interface unit (without display) and I tried to contact them via email with questions but received no response. I noticed that they don’t seem to have much recent internet activity including their Facebook page. Anyone know what up with them?

I tried sale02@binarytek and sales@lexionautomotive.

Old 11-21-23, 03:10 PM
gromaudio
Vendor

Received 151 Likes on 121 Posts

Originally Posted by bryandurkin
Hi Guys - I sent a note via the support board for the offer and I never received a reply. I checked spam, etc. Are you going to have a Black Friday offer our could you extend that again? Thanks!
Thank you for checking with us! We will have Black Friday and Cyber Monday 24-hour sales, both starting at midnight Central Time and running for 24 hours. Send us the PM with your email address, we will send you the notification as soon as the sales start.
Old 11-27-23, 07:33 AM
anniew555
5th Gear

Thumbs up

Originally Posted by IntrinoX
I unpaired my Bluetooth from the factory radio.
It's very conflicting to have Bluetooth on with an aftermarket CarPlay.
So if I have calls, it'll be routed through the CarPlay's input.
I will have to double check, but I have not been able to make / take calls directly through the CarPlay interface on my system. I will try to unpair my phone from the RX's radio and then try. Currently when the call routes through the CarPlay (with the RX's Bluetooth paired, but not selected) no one is able to hear each other. Thank you for the feedback, I'll try that!
Old 11-27-23, 07:45 PM
IntrinoX
Instructor

Received 562 Likes on 330 Posts

Originally Posted by anniew555
I will have to double check, but I have not been able to make / take calls directly through the CarPlay interface on my system. I will try to unpair my phone from the RX's radio and then try. Currently when the call routes through the CarPlay (with the RX's Bluetooth paired, but not selected) no one is able to hear each other. Thank you for the feedback, I'll try that!
However, the pick up and hang up buttons on the wheel won't work.
It would just toggle back to the main screen bluetooth phone page, so don't touch those buttons.
Old 12-01-23, 11:22 AM
KamDaBot
1st Gear

Originally Posted by sab504
Hello, I have this unbearable static noise in my speaker when the volume is a little over 40. I tried tapping the Audio-gnd to gnd per seller instruction. I tried screwing the Audio-gnd to the metal frame and the Gnd wire to metal frame as well, but cannot get rid of this static. Does anyone have any suggestions on how to get rid of this problem? The unit works great, but this static noise is driving me nuts. Please help if you have a clue. Thanks!
It’s been a while but I was wondering if you ever found a solution to your issue regarding the static noise? I’m experiencing the same exact issue whenever the volume is above 45 it gets very noticeable. I’ve already tried connecting Ground to ground like in the instruction manual but it didn’t fully eliminate the sound issue.
Old 01-03-24, 03:27 PM
gromaudio
Vendor

Hi all, and Happy New Year!

We plan to run the next group order for the VLine VL2 and VLite VT2 for CarPlay / Android Auto integration to Lexus and Toyota factory car stereo. The next group order will start on January 11th and run until January 19th. The product will ship at the end of January or early February.

The discount will be $120 off the VLine VL2 system and $70 off the VLite VT2 system. Both systems support wireless CarPlay and Android Auto integration into the factory Lexus stereo. With the GROM VLine VL2 or VLite VT2 system, you do not need to replace your factory stereo. The GROM systems use already existing car stereos, displays, and steering wheel controls to use and operate CarPlay and Android Auto in your vehicle. All important factory features, such as a backup camera and FM radio, will keep working.

If you want to join the group, send us a private message with your email address via this web forum. We will add you to the group.

Or you can send the request to join the group via the web form at https://gromaudio.com/support.html

We are happy to answer any questions you may have. Some of the frequently asked questions are:

1. What is the difference between GROM VLine VL2 and VLite VT2?
The GROM VLine VL2 offers wireless CarPlay and Android Auto, as well as a stand-alone Android interface that you can use to download almost any app from the Google Play store to use in your car. The GROM VLite VT2 system is for wireless CarPlay and Android Auto only.

2. Can I install the system myself?
Yes, you can install the system if you have some technical ability. You will need to disassemble the portion of the dashboard to connect the system to the back of the stereo and display and install the microphone and GPS antenna. We have plenty of install videos on our website: https://gromaudio.com/installs/index.html
Otherwise, the local car stereo shop in your area should be able to help you with the installation.

The GROM VLine VL2 / VLite VT2 systems come with 30 days return for the refund period and 18-month warranty.

To join the group, send us the request via the web form at https://gromaudio.com/support.html or PM us your email address, and we will add you to the group list.

CarPlay on factory Lexus car stereo using GROM VLine VL2 system
Old 01-05-24, 08:37 PM
vshah
1st Gear

Originally Posted by gromaudio
Hi all, and Happy New Year!

We plan to run the next group order for the VLine VL2 and VLite VT2 for CarPlay / Android Auto integration to Lexus and Toyota factory car stereo. The next group order will start on January 11th and run until January 19th. The product will ship at the end of January or early February.

The discount will be $120 off the VLine VL2 system and $70 off the VLite VT2 system. Both systems support wireless CarPlay and Android Auto integration into the factory Lexus stereo. With the GROM VLine VL2 or VLite VT2 system, you do not need to replace your factory stereo. The GROM systems use already existing car stereos, displays, and steering wheel controls to use and operate CarPlay and Android Auto in your vehicle. All important factory features, such as a backup camera and FM radio, will keep working.

If you want to join the group, send us a private message with your email address via this web forum. We will add you to the group.

Or you can send the request to join the group via the web form at https://gromaudio.com/support.html

We are happy to answer any questions you may have. Some of the frequently asked questions are:

1. What is the difference between GROM VLine VL2 and VLite VT2?
The GROM VLine VL2 offers wireless CarPlay and Android Auto, as well as a stand-alone Android interface that you can use to download almost any app from the Google Play store to use in your car. The GROM VLite VT2 system is for wireless CarPlay and Android Auto only.

2. Can I install the system myself?
Yes, you can install the system if you have some technical ability. You will need to disassemble the portion of the dashboard to connect the system to the back of the stereo and display and install the microphone and GPS antenna. We have plenty of install videos on our website: https://gromaudio.com/installs/index.html
Otherwise, the local car stereo shop in your area should be able to help you with the installation.

The GROM VLine VL2 / VLite VT2 systems come with 30 days return for the refund period and 18-month warranty.

To join the group, send us the request via the web form at https://gromaudio.com/support.html or PM us your email address, and we will add you to the group list.

CarPlay on factory Lexus car stereo using GROM VLine VL2 system
Does the VLite support the OEM backup camera? or does that only work with the VLine? Thanks!
Old 01-06-24, 05:55 PM
exploreco
Driver

Received 34 Likes on 21 Posts

Originally Posted by vshah
Does the VLite support the OEM backup camera? or does that only work with the VLine? Thanks!
The VLite does support it. I have the VLite installed and everything factory works.
gromaudio (01-07-24)
Old 01-07-24, 10:49 AM
gromaudio
Vendor

Originally Posted by vshah
Yes, the VLite VT2 supports a factory backup camera. All will keep working.
Old 01-08-24, 06:51 AM
critten
Rookie

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Hi I purchased this in 2020LEX89VL2 (Select Lexus 2013-2018 GROM VLine VL2

The website says "new" VL2 but I assume that is the same version as the one I got in 2020? Just wondering if there were any hardware updates or bumps on the processing
Old 01-08-24, 07:36 AM
rsafr
5th Gear

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default Another option with wireless

Great thread here and much appreciated. I purchased the ZZ2 Carplay from a local car audio shop who did the installation. Very nice addition. I use Android and it finds my phone after I start the car within 7-10 seconds. If for some reason it doesn't, then I hold the Menu button on the center console for 3 seconds and it responds. My wife has Apple and if she gets in the car first it will pair to her phone seamlessly. I chose this brand as it features wireless connectivity. The tech installed the dongle (as a backup, updates, etc) next to the power adaptor / cigarette lighter in the tray at under the heat/cool controls, just above the seat heater buttons. They also installed a wireless charger station in the same tray.
I haven't tried the Mirror Link option but play XM, Pandora, podcasts all while having the map up or other options. VR from the steering wheel works flawlessly. Having my Google Maps on my phone set to Satellite view gives an incredible map view on the screen.
The only Con is that occasionally the volume will go down for a few seconds then come back up to normal. The other annoyance is the volume for map directions seems loud. But to tune it down also turns down the radio (XM. Pandora, whatever is playing)
Very pleased with this unit.
Mikes94GS3 (01-08-24)
Old 01-09-24, 12:43 PM
gromaudio
Vendor

Originally Posted by critten
Hi I purchased this in 2020LEX89VL2 (Select Lexus 2013-2018 GROM VLine VL2

The website says "new" VL2 but I assume that is the same version as the one I got in 2020? Just wondering if there were any hardware updates or bumps on the processing
Yes, the hardware is the same for the most part. There might be some variations in the components from 2020, but generally, it is the same. All firmware updates apply to your 2020 system.

Quick Reply: Aftermarket carplay on 2017 RX350