RX - 4th Gen (2016-2022) Discussion topics related to the 2016 and up RX350 and RX450h models

Aftermarket carplay on 2017 RX350

Search this Thread

Old 02-20-19, 08:30 AM
qvtruong
Pole Position

Received 66 Likes on 34 Posts

Originally Posted by SaraWats
Hello I just finished my new project. It huge option but I deceded to choose the quelity device .I don't know do you head about this head unit but its really good and yes no problem with connection your Iphone (in my case its 7 Plus) to Android head unit by CAR Play adapter.

I saw those too, but the fact that it requires me to replace the screen turned me away. I want to keep everything as original as possible.

but I’m glad that it works well for you
Old 02-20-19, 09:17 AM
c2fordy5
Driver

Received 34 Likes on 28 Posts

Originally Posted by qvtruong

i’ll find some time to record the video. But it’s literally just turn the car on, go to the android interface, and plug in your phone. Bum done! The autoplay (the app for carplay) app support wired mirroring . There is another app for wireless mirroring, but the phone will run hot.

for those built-in app in android, you just connect the box to the iphone’s personal hotspot (or your portable hotspot). They are apps in Android, so run exact the same way as on an Android tablet/phone. It just needs wifi for downloading data.

Thank you. Looking forward to seeing that video. I have an iPhone XS Max. So I'd be more interested to see the wireless mirroring seeing that it was an option.
Old 02-20-19, 04:25 PM
kmare
Driver School Candidate

Received 4 Likes on 3 Posts

can someone post a video of just android auto? Seems everyone is using Car Play.
Old 02-22-19, 08:40 AM
qvtruong
Pole Position

Originally Posted by kmare
can someone post a video of just android auto? Seems everyone is using Car Play.
Buy the new galaxy S10 for me, I'll do the video for you LOL jk
Old 02-23-19, 10:08 PM
Onion
Driver

Received 10 Likes on 8 Posts

Originally Posted by qvtruong

the dongle supports both carplay and android auto.

It’s just that we mention more about carplay and I don’t have an android :-)
Thanks I guess I missed the screenshot where it showed the android auto option.

Just placed the order, now it's the waiting game.

Can't believe all of you use iPhone, why no one give Android some love
Old 02-24-19, 06:12 PM
Gottspd
Driver

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

Originally Posted by Waleedg

one last thing (a really great point) now when you enter the android system through media/AUX pathway on Lexus interface, all sounds go through the car speakers and your calls go through the car mic exactly as you woukd if you were connecting through Bluetooth.... no need to connect the system through bluetooth to get those features.... and the sound is amazing!!!!
Did you connect the RCA cables?
Old 02-24-19, 09:38 PM
shadowmite
Driver

Received 14 Likes on 14 Posts

Ordered mine today, waiting...
Old 02-25-19, 07:49 PM
decngb
Driver School Candidate

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by shadowmite
Ordered mine today, waiting...
Is there any trick to using Aliexpress the first time? They don't really seem to be interested in new customers. In order to use their site for ordering, I need to submit a picture of an ID and pictures of "at least one set of payment card and the bank statement." I can't say that I'm real excited about supplying that kind of stuff to a Chinese site.

Is there anywhere else to order this?
Old 02-25-19, 08:18 PM
lexnewbi
Intermediate

Received 124 Likes on 89 Posts

That’swhy Me and many other people do not order from that site.
Old 02-25-19, 10:40 PM
Bearcat
Lead Lap

Received 31 Likes on 26 Posts

I get it as there is so much fraud. It appeared to have greater security than most sites I purchase states here in the US. I’m completely happy with my purchase.
Old 02-26-19, 06:36 AM
shadowmite
Driver

I didn't have to do any of that? I signed up via the phone app and it was pretty easy. Though my credit card denied the first try and I had to re-submit the order after informing them it was legit and to expect it.

Seller quickly asked for a pic from my car showing screen and joystick to ensure he got me shipped the right unit. so far so good.
Old 02-26-19, 07:05 AM
ravenuer
Racer

Received 484 Likes on 366 Posts

Originally Posted by decngb
Is there any trick to using Aliexpress the first time? They don't really seem to be interested in new customers. In order to use their site for ordering, I need to submit a picture of an ID and pictures of "at least one set of payment card and the bank statement." I can't say that I'm real excited about supplying that kind of stuff to a Chinese site.

A picture of my bank statement would be the LAST thing I'd ever put on a Chinese website. You'd have to be nutz!
Old 02-26-19, 08:52 AM
qvtruong
Pole Position

Originally Posted by decngb

I didn't have to do all that. I just signed up on mobile app and put in my cc to buy it.
Old 02-26-19, 01:52 PM
shadowmite
Driver

Couple questions while I wait for my package to come:
1) Have you tried wireless carplay mode? I'll assume this isn't going to work but that would be icing on the cake...
2) What integration to the car does android have? I saw one of your pics showed climate control settings from within the settings menu but not if they could be changed or not?

Can't wait to get mine and play.
Old 02-26-19, 02:10 PM
qvtruong
Pole Position

Originally Posted by shadowmite
Couple questions while I wait for my package to come:
1) Have you tried wireless carplay mode? I'll assume this isn't going to work but that would be icing on the cake...
2) What integration to the car does android have? I saw one of your pics showed climate control settings from within the settings menu but not if they could be changed or not?

Can't wait to get mine and play.
1. It’s wireless AirPlay mirroring, not CarPlay. Currently, there is no Android dongle to enable wireless CarPlay.

2. Yah it actually reflects the A/C status (not sure how). The only thing it won’t change is the temperature (it always shows LOW). The other A/C info is useful such as fan speed, A/C on/off/auto, cabin air or outside air...

Quick Reply: Aftermarket carplay on 2017 RX350